The "It's not fair that we have to play Geelong in Geelong" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

newcs

Club Legend
May 16, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Adelaide play their home games in Adelaide.
Melbourne play their home games in Melbourne.
Sydney play their home games in Sydney.
Brisbane play their home games in Brisbane.
So logic says that Geelong play their home games in Geelong.
For some stupid reason people object to this.
Let's keep all the complaining in here.
Some of the reasoning behind not wanting to play Geelong in Geelong makes interesting reading.

Some of the reasoning behind not wanting to play Geelong in Geelong makes interesting reading.
i dont think you understand why people are complaining

its not about geelongs right to host home games in geelong.

its about the fact that some teams are pretty much exempt from playing at geelong. if you check how often any of the big 4 travel to geelong compared to other clubs you will see where the issues lies

and before you say it - yes i am aware it is for financial reasons

Collingwood haven't played there since 1999.. which was before digital television existed in Australia, there's your rort right there!

You'll be disappointed to have lost that automatic win, while GWS go for 4 in a row.

Against everyone else our record held up even in 2023 (discounting the Bulldogs game where 15 players were sent off for surgery).
Yes dees requested to play us in Alice Springs because we were back to back at the g too.
Enjoy the melbournites whinge fest.
The classic is tigers supporters whinging about a neutral ticketed game at AO for gather round to port and crows but dismiss any such discussion of advantage in having the grandfinal at your home ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m happy the tiges are playing down there this year. I’m an MCC member but not a club member, what are the chances of getting a ticket to our kardinia park game?

* Geelong. seriously....over their s**t
What s**t? Your mob is selling home games to Ballarat like a shameless minnow.

Humour me this, where should a Geelong vs Footscray match be played at? You guys don't even have a home - playing out of that carpark at Docklands these days aren't you?

must be nice being a big Victorian club, knowing that you only play in Geelong if your team is currently s**t or geelong team is. If there's even a remote possibility fans might turn up you get to play at your home ground!

Collingwood haven't played there since 1999.. which was before digital television existed in Australia, there's your rort right there!
Pies shouldn’t have to play at pissy little suburban grounds, if other venues are available. If the AFL had any balls they’d make Geelong play all their home games at MCG or Marvel. GMHBA is a s..thole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back