Have Geelong and Richmond destroyed the NSW clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, Geelong destroyed Port in the 07 Gf, while Richmond did the same to the Crows in the 17 Gf. So have they also destroyed the SA clubs?

Plus players from both went on a massive bender through Fortitude Valley the night of the 2020 Gf. So have they also destroyed the Queensland (night) clubs?

They’ve only got a couple of states to go and their national rampage will be complete!
Geelong and Richmond destroyed the SA clubs too. It's no coincidence Port and Crows supporters hate Geelong and Richmond almost as much as they hate each other.

Geelong and Richmond destroyed the SA clubs too. It's no coincidence Port and Crows supporters hate Geelong and Richmond almost as much as they hate each other.

I dont know a single Crows supporter who gives a s**t about either of those clubs.

It was literally a year or two of deathriding Patrick but mostly in jest. The only thing Crows supporters hate about Geelong is the fact that we seriously suck at Kardinia/GMHBA.

As for Richmond it was the same. 2018 obviously a bit salty and wanted to make it back to the GF to get revenge but when we sucked then and again in 2019 any sort of talk went away. By 2020 I didn't give the slightest s**t about Richmond and I didnt know too many who did (aside from the usual hatred any Premiers get from opposition teams). Every Crows fan I know holds resentment to OUR club for what happened post-2017 GF. That had nothing to do with Richmond other than they were the ones who beat us in the GF. Had that been Melbourne our feelings would have been identical.

Hatred for Port IS on the radar, that's the only unifying non-negotiable. Such a weird take.

I've been hearing the likes of Jimmy Bartel saying Sydney and GWS need COLA back. I don't think the AFL are happy about Geelong and Richmond destroying the NSW clubs as I've been hearing reports about the AFL losing ground to the NRL in NSW. Do they need to bring COLA back?

I've been hearing the likes of Jimmy Bartel saying Sydney and GWS need COLA back. I don't think the AFL are happy about Geelong and Richmond destroying the NSW clubs as I've been hearing reports about the AFL losing ground to the NRL in NSW. Do they need to bring COLA back?

If COLA is re-introduced it should be applied across the country according to the rental prices for let's say an average to middle class home in the city. And then that premium is paid to every player on the list to cover that extra expense, outside the salary cap.

So Sydney maybe every player gets $18k extra, Melbourne clubs maybe $14k extra, Perth and Brisbane and Suns $12k extra, Adelaide $10k extra, Tasmania $5k extra all the way down to Geelong, who get nothing, because that is the cheapest place to rent. In fact, Geelong should have to pay some of their cap to help fund the scheme. :)

You don't give 2 clubs $1m extra to spend however they wish.

Last edited:
No. But we had a fair crack at destroying Gold Coast taking Prestia and Lynch off their hands which were both essential elements in our flags. The latter in particular would be going very well right now working in tandem with King as opposed to Mabs Chol, who ironically they got off us.

No, NSW clubs are battling an un-level playing field. Cost of housing there makes it unattractive to recruits and far too little NSW talent available at the ND.

Go home factor is killing them, particularly GWS who may never rise again given they have such little real member support, crowds are pathetic really and they have made zero progress in progressing AFL in Western Sydney.

Has either NSW club landed a decent recruit in the last ten years? That non list compared to who have left to 'go home', it's a massive disadvantage and a massive advantage to southern clubs. We got star Dawson for peanuts because he and his SA girlfriend wanted to come home.

And idiot Eddie Maguire still squawks childishly about unfair advantage to "interstate" clubs - idiot

What ‘apparently’ is there about it?
Even the AFL finally admitted Hocking orchestrated the rule changes at the end of 2020!

The cover up was uncovered!!
Hocking was the boss from '17 until '21.. Richmond won 3 flags during his tenure. None for almost four decades before and probably none for four decades after. I think you've got your weird conspiracy around the wrong way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back