Would we all be better off if the club handed its license back?

Would the absence of this awful club improve your life?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Also yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Most def

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The club has, yet again, drank its own bathwater gotten ahead of itself and yet again delivered humiliation to its supporters.

An awful team with no improvement in the coach's fourth year, and yet we got a bunch of hype from them after winning pre-season games. Apparently its time to win.

We've been rebuilding for half a decade, and have gotten nowhere near a list that could ever win a premiership. Truthfully, we haven't even properly begun rebuilding because we have done nothing to fill the most significant piece: the bell cow midfielder. Meanwhile, our hometown rivals have conducted a more successful rebuild whilst simultaneously being better than us for half a decade.

The premiership drought looks set to go past 30, and given how badly we've approached the rebuild frankly its difficult to see it not going past 40.

There is nothing redeeming about our club, nothing to enjoy. Frankly, if we were honest its presence in our lives only serves to deliver unhappiness. It would be better for us all if they just handed the license back and ceased existing.

We are financially sound so that ticks off all of the criteria the AFL care about.

If they are going to tolerate clubs like St Kilda and North we are never going to be released from our bonds of servitude

Forget it being taken from us. The victorians will never tire of victory posing over the pathetically prostate faux embodiment of South Australian football.

The board should do it for its fans as a mercy.

How long was Carlton’s rebuild ?

When was the last time Essendon won a final

How many premierships have GWS and GC wind despite their enormous draft concessions?

How many flags have Freo won?

When was St Kilda’s last flag?

The truth is rebuilds are hard, and premierships harder to win

We still have the youngest list in the comp, and there will be more pain but we need to start to see real growth

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many premierships have GWS and GC wind despite their enormous draft concessions?

We still have the youngest list in the comp, and there will be more pain but we need to start to see real growth

What a pointless thing to post.

You were so close to a breakthrough when you compared us to a bunch of other teams that were/are s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club has, yet again, drank its own bathwater gotten ahead of itself and yet again delivered humiliation to its supporters.

An awful team with no improvement in the coach's fourth year, and yet we got a bunch of hype from them after winning pre-season games. Apparently its time to win.

We've been rebuilding for half a decade, and have gotten nowhere near a list that could ever win a premiership. Truthfully, we haven't even properly begun rebuilding because we have done nothing to fill the most significant piece: the bell cow midfielder. Meanwhile, our hometown rivals have conducted a more successful rebuild whilst simultaneously being better than us for half a decade.

The premiership drought looks set to go past 30, and given how badly we've approached the rebuild frankly its difficult to see it not going past 40.

There is nothing redeeming about our club, nothing to enjoy. Frankly, if we were honest its presence in our lives only serves to deliver unhappiness. It would be better for us all if they just handed the license back and ceased existing.
We only started our biggest rebuild in history at the end of 2019, our list was meant to be contending for a few more years after 2017 to allow us to do a smooth list turnover but CM happened so had to do our biggest list turnover starting 3 years ago with 2 of them affected by the pandemic especially 2019 where there was no U18 competition. It has usually taken us every 6 years to rebuild a list to contend for the premiership but I suspect this one will take 8 years given the size of the rebuild.

Last edited:
Yikes. Thought I entered a Port thread for a minute there.

Really sad :( Imagine having such a level or venom and hatred towards a “passion” or interest as a football club could be considered to be. At some point wouldn’t you ask the question - if I am deriving no enjoyment out of this, why I am I still actively engaging and partaking in it?
Sad stuff tbh.

Really sad :( Imagine having such a level or venom and hatred towards a “passion” or interest as a football club could be considered to be. At some point wouldn’t you ask the question - if I am deriving no enjoyment out of this, why I am I still actively engaging and partaking in it?
Sad stuff tbh.

I don't want to hear some 'win a premiership in every decade' West Coast fan strut in here and preach to me about the enjoyment of the game.

Sad stuff tbh.
There is merit to arguing that people shouldn't persist with something that makes them unhappy. It's still pretty sad that the club is able to drive away it's supporters though. Nobody started out feeling negatively toward the club. It's the result of an extended period of mediocrity.

As an Eagles supporter, you wouldn't understand. Your club has had s**t years but they've always bounced back and been good enough to pinch a flag when they were contenders. On that basis, the lean years would be way easier to suffer through for your supporters.

There is merit to arguing that people shouldn't persist with something that makes them unhappy. It's still pretty sad that the club is able to drive away it's supporters though. Nobody started out feeling negatively toward the club. It's the result of an extended period of mediocrity.

As an Eagles supporter, you wouldn't understand. Your club has had s**t years but they've always bounced back and been good enough to pinch a flag when they were contenders. On that basis, the lean years would be way easier to suffer through for your supporters.

It's not clear what sort of rebuttle it was supposed to be, it's the central premise of the thread. I would be better off if this club didn't exist.

I've pumped in tens of thousands of dollars over the years, in memberships, in attending games, on gear, on beer at their ovals through their extortionate SMA prices. I've pumped in basically a day of every winter weekend of my life. I've consistently turned up and watched as the predictable happened, and we failed. Time and time and time and time and time again for 25 years. And I'll still do it next weekend- i'll trot down to that oval, despite the ever diminishing number of friends I can find that would still spend time watching this awful club.

And to this day, I hate every single smug and stupid ******* part of the dumbassed club from their shithouse ugly ******* insult of a logo to their inability to rebuild according to any sensible strategy, to their refusal to pick our highest ever draft pick. And yet I still turn the damn games on and get hurt when they humiliate themselves. I still defend the awful ******* organisation to opposition fans that will never get tired of rubbing my face in the s**t and will never run out of ammo. I will never be able to leave them, and I will never be able to free myself from the belief that one day they will treat me better as a fan, rather than considering me a walking pigeon used to fund their status as the king dicks on the sinking titanic.

It's mercy I seek. Free me from the horror. Hand the license back.

It’s incredibly hard to win a flag in this league.

You need to be highly competent in all facets of the game and be ruthless. We’re neither.

Then there’s bad luck and the vic bias. We kick own goals and take wedgies from the league, the sanfl, and now a handful of Karen’s who live in the city of west Torrens.

Then the club will tell the members that at least it wasn’t atomic.

The trick is to be less invested. I’m annoyed with todays loss, but I don’t care like I used to. I’m too old for this s**t.

Back