Would we all be better off if the club handed its license back?

Would the absence of this awful club improve your life?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Also yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Most def

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that people can get annoyed at the club every now and then.
I was on a campaign against it when all the Tippett s**t went down, when we screwed over Rendall, when we kept losing players, when the club kept lying about issues and the way they spoke about the agitators. I was called out by a number on here about being anti the club, maybe I should support another team, maybe I was an undercover Port supporter, I heard it all.
However, my motivations were pure. The club was embarrassing the legacy of what it was. It was a laughing stock.
I came from this from a staunch SA loyalist point of view. I'm proud of our SA football heritage. We out performed our size thought our time. To then see that become just a total embassment was too much.

Now I can see a reset. Changes were made. The club has re-embranced our state heritage. It's reinvested in what made us, us. We are a state team, minus the filth. We need to make that our thing. Draft loyal SA talent. Get our good kids back. Draft talented Crows fans. Let's put this rubbish about losing all the Vic kids back to Vic by having SA kids. If we do that we will succeed.

So I understand that takes time to come to fruition. I'm happy to support during that time. We will win some, lose some. Ups an downs, but I see the roadmap.

Stick fat I say. But don't worry, if I see them go the wrong way, I will let them and everyone know.
My email has tons of emails to and from the club about s**t. The last one was about how they treated Tex after the racist stuff.

There's a time to melt, and a time not to melt. This isn't the time to melt.

And some other advice, take an interest in the young kids in the draft. When you understand what talent they have, you won't be so quick to jump off them and post a hot take about how s**t they are.
Take Fog. I watched him for 2 or 3 years as a Jr. I knew just how talented he was. I knew he just needed to be stuck with. While he had that swagger, he also was a bit of a confidence player. If the club persisted with him it would pay off. They did that and now look. All those guys jumping off the deep end about how he was a bust etc now look silly. (Hey, we have all jumped off someone and had it backfire.)
All it took was to go back and watch his first years highlights package. Rewatch that and understand that kids don't lose talent, they only lose confidence and get mishandled.

k
I get that people can get annoyed at the club every now and then.
I was on a campaign against it when all the Tippett s**t went down, when we screwed over Rendall, when we kept losing players, when the club kept lying about issues and the way they spoke about the agitators. I was called out by a number on here about being anti the club, maybe I should support another team, maybe I was an undercover Port supporter, I heard it all.
However, my motivations were pure. The club was embarrassing the legacy of what it was. It was a laughing stock.
I came from this from a staunch SA loyalist point of view. I'm proud of our SA football heritage. We out performed our size thought our time. To then see that become just a total embassment was too much.

Now I can see a reset. Changes were made. The club has re-embranced our state heritage. It's reinvested in what made us, us. We are a state team, minus the filth. We need to make that our thing. Draft loyal SA talent. Get our good kids back. Draft talented Crows fans. Let's put this rubbish about losing all the Vic kids back to Vic by having SA kids. If we do that we will succeed.

So I understand that takes time to come to fruition. I'm happy to support during that time. We will win some, lose some. Ups an downs, but I see the roadmap.

Stick fat I say. But don't worry, if I see them go the wrong way, I will let them and everyone know.
My email has tons of emails to and from the club about s**t. The last one was about how they treated Tex after the racist stuff.

There's a time to melt, and a time not to melt. This isn't the time to melt.

And some other advice, take an interest in the young kids in the draft. When you understand what talent they have, you won't be so quick to jump off them and post a hot take about how s**t they are.
Take Fog. I watched him for 2 or 3 years as a Jr. I knew just how talented he was. I knew he just needed to be stuck with. While he had that swagger, he also was a bit of a confidence player. If the club persisted with him it would pay off. They did that and now look. All those guys jumping off the deep end about how he was a bust etc now look silly. (Hey, we have all jumped off someone and had it backfire.)
All it took was to go back and watch his first years highlights package. Rewatch that and understand that kids don't lose talent, they only lose confidence and get mishandled.

Back