Would we all be better off if the club handed its license back?

Would the absence of this awful club improve your life?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Also yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Most def

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Going for JHF was our Travis Boak-Geelong-2012 club future defining moment. Seeing us miss out on a generational genuine midfielder, and then seeing him go to our arch rivals, was probably the final straw for many who understand the mechanics of the game/competition. If we landed him we have a future and a player you can build a list around. But I don't see any sunshine on the horizon at least for the next decade, especially if we stick with our current unaccountable, incompetent football dept.

I'm sure today there will be thousands of "die hard" AFC facebook fans cheering on Murphy "don't worry son, you tried you're hardest, make amends at the next contest". I won't be one of them.
So true. Considering the bulk of our games we lose because we cant seem to win a ball in the middle, yet Ol mate thinks we are stacked in there. I know the supporters have been begging for a hard as nails skillfull midfielder for so long now and a when finally a generational SA talent appears before us we just calmly watch him waltz down the road to the enemy camp. Classic Crows.

Going for JHF was our Travis Boak-Geelong-2012 club future defining moment. Seeing us miss out on a generational genuine midfielder, and then seeing him go to our arch rivals, was probably the final straw for many who understand the mechanics of the game/competition. If we landed him we have a future and a player you can build a list around. But I don't see any sunshine on the horizon at least for the next decade, especially if we stick with our current unaccountable, incompetent football dept.

I'm sure today there will be thousands of "die hard" AFC facebook fans cheering on Murphy "don't worry son, you tried you're hardest, make amends at the next contest". I won't be one of them.
A generational player in Rankine also come back to SA the same year and didn't even speak to Port Power so players do have their prefer club when they decide to return home, he also played midfield during his draft year so I can't see why he can't transition into the midfield like Rachele who is developing into an elite goal kicking midfielder.

So true. Considering the bulk of our games we lose because we cant seem to win a ball in the middle, yet Ol mate thinks we are stacked in there. I know the supporters have been begging for a hard as nails skillfull midfielder for so long now and a when finally a generational SA talent appears before us we just calmly watch him waltz down the road to the enemy camp. Classic Crows.
We have a young and developing midfield which is 3 years behind them so calm the farm, had I've not seen the exciting development of our young midfield then I would be very worry like you.

Must be a lot of generational players running around the league. What an extraordinarily talented generation we are privileged to be watching.

There have been no generational small forwards in the history of the league, but we got one. Much better than having a midfielder. Preeeeeeeetty good.

Where the smug posters at?
They’ve likely all ignored you.
We’re still rebuilding, the midfielders are young as ever in our club history, we’ve played competitively and the standard is clearly improving.

Yet, you prefer to bash the club at every opportunity while we can’t produce a win, and ignoring all the obvious positives. Keep up the good work with the club bashing! You’ve mastered the art! 👍

JHF kind of had to want to actually go to us first, no?

We’re still rebuilding, the midfielders are young as ever in our club history, we’ve played competitively and the standard is clearly improving.

Yet, you prefer to bash the club at every opportunity while we can’t produce a win, and ignoring all the obvious positives. Keep up the good work with the club bashing! You’ve mastered the art! 👍

Sorry mate, ababs already filled the threads lightweight quota

No. Club said rebuild is over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF kind of had to want to actually go to us first, no?
He was more than happy to play for us in his draft year when we were offering NM 2 1st round picks.

A smarter club may not have gone all out for those two and a half extra wins to finish equal 3rd to bottom and miss out on a once in a generation midfielder.

Query for me out of all of this is, what happens if say come round 10-11 we are still winless...which I think is a really strong possibility based on form and depth. Club obviously never going to hand back a license, but does the board resign? To my mind anyone associated with the re-build at that point - aka Roo, Hamish, Reid, Nicks - would have to be gone.

It's time for the AFL to consider privatizing clubs.

Imagine the Chinese owned Covid Power vs Maccas Crows being played next week...

A generational player in Rankine also come back to SA the same year and didn't even speak to Port Power so players do have their prefer club when they decide to return home, he also played midfield during his draft year so I can't see why he can't transition into the midfield like Rachele who is developing into an elite goal kicking midfielder.

Rankine isn't tracking go be a generational player in any way, shape or form.

Query for me out of all of this is, what happens if say come round 10-11 we are still winless...which I think is a really strong possibility based on form and depth. Club obviously never going to hand back a license, but does the board resign? To my mind anyone associated with the re-build at that point - aka Roo, Hamish, Reid, Nicks - would have to be gone.
The board won't resign. More likely they will throw Nicks, Hamish and Reid under the bus.

Rankine isn't tracking go be a generational player in any way, shape or form.
Not yet ;) He was highly touted as a generational player when he got drafted to GCS and got injured early in his career, he kicked a lot of goals and lead the AFL in assists in the 2nd half of last year, didn't you know this??? Also did you forget his debut game against Melbourne :)

Last edited:
Rebuild isnt complete yet but jeez Rankine, Thilthorpe, Rachele, Soligo, Pedlar, Hinge, Dawson, Murray, Michelanney all looked pretty damn good on the weekend. All picked up in the last 3 years.

I don't agree with this at all.

Yes we had a shot at JHF, we offered 3 first rounders to North.

Those 3 picks turned into Rachele, Dawson and Rankine.

Are you really going to try and claim that you could take Rachele, Dawson and Rankine out of our side and put in JHF and you would be far more confident of the future?

If Port floated a trade of Rankine, Rachele and Dawson for JHF surely you're not going to say that you'd do it?

Back