Would we all be better off if the club handed its license back?

Would the absence of this awful club improve your life?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Also yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Most def

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread reminds me of this -

That video is kind of wild by today's standards. It looks like a fake segment they use in movies to show when the main character has done something dumb, like Captain Insano laughing at the Waterboy.

That video is kind of wild by today's standards. It looks like a fake segment they use in movies to show when the main character has done something dumb, like Captain Insano laughing at the Waterboy.
Check out the radio grab of the Richmond supporter comparing his fete with that of Jackie Kennedy is much better.

2019 and 2020 broke me. It was then that I stopped caring so much. I care more earlier in the season when there's some hope of things being different this year. This season has a 2014 feel about it, and we know what happened at the end of that year.
I only care about the development of our youngsters in the AFL and SANFL, our experience players outside Laird are all clearly cooked, you can probably Walker to that list as well end of this year.

His frustration isn't based on one game. Our list is horrendous and the incompetent men who have built this list are still in charge calling the shots. At this rate our "rebuild" could extend past a decade. The frustration is also magnified as the day before we saw that our closest rival has built a young midfield that should (should) keep them around the mark for a decade. When their premiership window does open up (if it hasn't already) it won't be a 1 or 2 year window like we are used to (2005/2006, 2012, 2017) it will be 4 or 5 years of being a genuine chance.
I understand his frustration. I think we all do. After all we have all lived through the past 6 years. So I understand the frustration be causse I am frustrated too. But what got me was that he wanted to hand back our license. My history of following a footy club goes back to 1960, watching Glenelg tossing up between coming last, second last and third last. Hell at a young age getting the pisser taken out of me by all the kids at school wasnt much fun. But I never stopped barracking for the Bays. When Glenelg won the flag in 1973 I was on watch in Darwin (Old Navy) and I had bought in my small TV to watch the game. When we won I was so excited I tripped over the cord and my TV ended up on the deck smashed. But I was so excited. So I will never want the Crows to hand in their license. I will never stop barracking for them.

We all know that there are still issues especially around the selection of players. But recently we haven't done so badly. We've managed to get Dawson, Rachele and Rankine. Then we have Berry, Michalanney, Soligo and Pedlar. All of them developing. We have players like McHenry, Scholl. Jones and TT who cant get into the team. What we dont have is that one special elite midfielder. Lairdy is a great (but had an off day) but we dont have a Cripps, Petracca, DeGoey Thats what we dont have.....we did have a Dangerfield he should have been man in the middle.

So I am frustrated too. Like I said its the first game of the year. Get to round five and lets see whats happening. If we are doing Ok then thats fine. If we are still really s**t then it might trigger talk about a new coach. If we can keep the current young guys together in the team perhaps a new coach might be just what we need.

The club has, yet again, drank its own bathwater gotten ahead of itself and yet again delivered humiliation to its supporters.

An awful team with no improvement in the coach's fourth year, and yet we got a bunch of hype from them after winning pre-season games. Apparently its time to win.

We've been rebuilding for half a decade, and have gotten nowhere near a list that could ever win a premiership. Truthfully, we haven't even properly begun rebuilding because we have done nothing to fill the most significant piece: the bell cow midfielder. Meanwhile, our hometown rivals have conducted a more successful rebuild whilst simultaneously being better than us for half a decade.

The premiership drought looks set to go past 30, and given how badly we've approached the rebuild frankly its difficult to see it not going past 40.

There is nothing redeeming about our club, nothing to enjoy. Frankly, if we were honest its presence in our lives only serves to deliver unhappiness. It would be better for us all if they just handed the license back and ceased existing.
I disagree whole heartedly.

I get great joy at you guys tripping over ya selves... 😝

Ok deep breaths I don't mean any harm just a little fun between neighbours 😉

The Crows never planned on bottoming out. They just stunk. They've never planned on staying down longer than the bare minimum to rebound to mediocre performances- they were supposedly competing for finals this year. They just stink.

I don't think the problem is what you think it is.

we never once didn't select a senior player to give a kid a game for the sake of future benefit. Seniors have to be liabilities for weeks before they get dropped. AC reckons we tanked, we never put development ahead of the 4 points even once.

You are not excited by the youngsters coming through in the AFL and SANFL? This is the most bullish I've been on our list for a long time and what I focus on as we are still rebuilding.

you've never shown anything more than basic football knowledge. I would imagine our list managers would shudder at reading that you're excited by our list.

I would rather oust Roo, Ogilvie, Reid before handing back a licence. There is nothing wrong with the club, the problem is the idiots who control our list management and recruiting who don't have a clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you've never shown anything more than basic football knowledge. I would imagine our list managers would shudder at reading that you're excited by our list.
Unfortunately you even lack basic football knowledge if you can't see the excitement around our youngsters coming through.

I don't care. But you look like an absolute idiot with your negativity and sky is falling outlook on everything.
We've a track record of constant catastrophe, and you reckon optimism is how not to look like an idiot?

You're suggesting far too much objectivity. He's excited because it's our list. He'd be excited by any list we cobbled together.

You're suggesting far too much objectivity. He's excited because it's our list. He'd be excited by any list we cobbled together.
No, was I excited a few years ago lol. I've tried to educate you multiple times but if you can't see it then that's quite sad as a supposed Crows supporter. Not sure why I was expecting anything different since after you saw Rachele will be that very rare elite goal kicking midfielder your immediate post was "Rachele will have fun at Collingwood".

Last edited:
So I am frustrated too. Like I said its the first game of the year. Get to round five and lets see whats happening. If we are doing Ok then thats fine. If we are still really s**t then it might trigger talk about a new coach. If we can keep the current young guys together in the team perhaps a new coach might be just what we need.

Why do people keep saying things like this? The next five rounds matter extremely little, we're talking about a 25 year phenomena.

Why do people keep saying things like this? The next five rounds matter extremely little, we're talking about a 25 year phenomena.

It does rankle a bit when you get the “it’s only round 1!” at this stage of the lifecycle.

I‘ve no problem with optimism, but you should at least be accurate and say “it’s only 25 years!”

No, was I excited a few years ago lol..
You’re always excited by our talents and list.
This is just a small sample from the last few years.
The young talents are currently there but I don't think Sholl, Jones, McHenry, Butts, Hamill, McPherson (if he can get his body right) and Fogarty are ready. I think at worst it will be Pick 4.

No they will be saying we replaced B.Crouch with Hately and to compare the trade in 5 years time.

We went with dynamic midfielders in Pedlar and Berry so no he didn't blew it. Even his recruiting of McHenry is now correct and Jones is starting his potential.

He did get Thilthorpe right when most here were saying McDonald or Holland and Pedlar looks like the dynamic midfield we are after, McHenry has turn out to be right, Jones/Fogarty starting to show their potential as right and McAsey was always going to take a few years to develop as a KPD but is developing nicely in the SANFL.

He was developing well in his first 2 seasons after being drafted, had a break-out season were he showed he had the potential to be an A grader, and then a reasonable season after that break-out season (somehow Pyke decided to play him more forward) and then injuries so he is a tick.

View attachment 1154690

Last edited:
I would rather oust Roo, Ogilvie, Reid before handing back a licence. There is nothing wrong with the club, the problem is the idiots who control our list management and recruiting who don't have a clue.
Hahaha

You forgot this is your burner account...

LOL LOL 😂😂 😆

in answer to the thread question, there was a time i would have laughed at the thought of this type of question even being asked

now - it would certainly cause me far more happiness if i didn't care about this ******* club ever again. i've had my membership pack sitting in a parcel locker for a couple of weeks, i'm not even sure if i can be ****ed picking it up. the club sees members as customers only, not as members. the membership is merely a transaction for them and once its done - * us.

we keep making the same *ups with drafting, with shithouse coaching selections, with trying to hide obvious "missteps" we've made, and with trying to compare us with the big 4 clubs

i wish i didn't care

Back