Would you trade your club's captain for Tom Boyd?

Would you trade your club's captain for Tom Boyd?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Griffen was asked by the club if he'd consider being traded in the hope the WB could get into the top four in the draft or better still land a key forward from GWS or GC.
I heard Pelchen was fired because he offered up the suggestion of trading Riewoldt and another young player to GWS in return for Cameron.

Hey this is fun.

Van Berlo for Boyd - maybe
Adcock for Boyd - maybe
Murphy for Boyd - no
Pendles for Boyd - NO
Watson for Boyd - no
Pavlich for Boyd - NO
Selwood for Boyd - NO
Ablett for Boyd - hahahahahah NO
Jones/Grimes for Boyd - NO/maybe
Swallow for Boyd - no
Boak for Boyd - NO
Cotchin for Boyd - NO
Riewoldt for Boyd - no
McVeigh/Jack for Boyd - no/no
Griffen for Boyd - YES (with current circumstances)
This ^^^^^

Selwood is our best player and the heart and soul of the club, so absolutely not.

3 weeks ago that exact statement applied to Griffen at the Dogs.
I'm sure all Dogs supporters would have said no to the trade then as well.
Things totally changed when Griff quit the. Club

I would not trade my captain for Tom Boyd

Griffen was asked by the club if he'd consider being traded in the hope the WB could get into the top four in the draft or better still land a key forward from GWS or GC.

And Griffen agreed to make it look like he was the dickhead walking out on the club??? Griffen was happy to be publicly criticised despite being pushed???? Your "inside mail" in bulshit

And Griffen agreed to make it look like he was the dickhead walking out on the club??? Griffen was happy to be publicly criticised despite being pushed???? Your "inside mail" in bulshit

He is happy to GTFO of the WB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not all captains are created equally. The following captains, in a vaccum, should be traded for Boyd imo:
- van berlo
- adcock
- murphy
- pavlich
- ward
- hodge
- jones
-watson
- swallow
- riewoldt
- mcveigh
- any of wc's captains

That's a pretty strong majority. The fact is though, GWS wouldn't entertain a swap for any of those players. To get Boyd would require a swap of someone like Pendlebury, Cotchin or Ablett which is never ever happening.
Hodge? Really? I mean, Boyd offers many more future years of service, but sell out the soul of your club?

There are only two ways that you'd trade your captain, even if Gary Ablett from 5 years ago was on offer:

1. He states he wants to leave
2. He wouldn't be in your best 22 if not your captain, AND he's not the heart and soul of the club. This refers to players like Van Berlo. Even that's debatable though.

Hodge? Really? I mean, Boyd offers many more future years of service, but sell out the soul of your club?
When I said in a vacuum I was meaning in terms of pure market value. Realistically most clubs I mentioned wouldn't trade their captain for Boyd because their would be a riot amongst the supporter base, even if market value dictates that they should.

You dont think JR is a gun KPF? 2 Colemans, a B&F, an AA and second most goals after Franklin since 2010. I think its safe to say hes a gun in his position.
Very good, yes, but no gun. He's a brilliant natural goalkicker, but isn't as good in the air as the best in the league. When he's kicking goals, he's great, but when he's not, he doesn't offer as much as other forwards in the league.

In terms of who I'd have in front of him - Franklin, Roughead, Tippett, Hawkins, Cloke, Schulz and Walker.

Incorrect. I had the misfortune of having to read your post garbage about Liam Jones. Thank god the trade period settled who was better once and for all.

LOL....Nice try. Griffin stated he would retire if he stayed at the bulldogs....doesn't sound like a bloke that was pushed, sounds like he was the one that did the pushing.

I can see why you're aggrieved. After Riewoldt you have Tom Lee. Whilst the Bulldogs have Boyd who they can actually build a side around.

LOL....Nice try. Griffin stated he would retire if he stayed at the bulldogs....doesn't sound like a bloke that was pushed, sounds like he was the one that did the pushing.

I can see why you're aggrieved. After Riewoldt you have Tom Lee. Whilst the Bulldogs have Boyd who they can actually build a side around.

Based on what? Surely your not going down the path that because he was a early pick he MUST be good.

Back