2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Round 14 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week is not on Lokan, it is on the board.
Today's is partially Lokan but mostly on the board.
We will be this uncompetitive if we field less than 14 AFL players.

Frederick and Jackson struggle. Jackson you cut some slack but Frederick is unreliable.
2.1 13 in three quarters is totally unacceptable with the players available today, thats lack of care factor, negative football and no accountability for players or coaches.
I don't expect to win but that is disgraceful.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Power only supporters, WTF have we really gained from becoming One Club?

Some sensible tweaking to the old system re which clubs selected draftees and how they were managed would have had to yield better results than the absolute shambles the Maggies have become.

No zones, leaves a kid born across the road from Alberton oval aligned to another snafl club, and what a crock of absolute sh*t that is, plus what was described by Kevin Sheedy as the greatest recruiting area in the country (the west coast of SA) is now apparently aligned to the dead legs, words just about fail me on that one, but I can come up with two, and they are - F*** ME!

And while I'm on the soapbox FFS mothball the PB's, I'm totally sick of seeing C and D grade players ( some of whom are unfortunately AFL listed) trashing the best jumper in the history of the game with their disgraceful and limp wristed non efforts.

Well, I just don't understand how powerless we were and are about these s**t conditions. Fighting for a small Port Adelaide zone would've been the minimum that the board should have done but I think they were just eager to give Hinkley his reserves at all costs.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Power only supporters, WTF have we really gained from becoming One Club?

Some sensible tweaking to the old system re which clubs selected draftees and how they were managed would have had to yield better results than the absolute shambles the Maggies have become.

No zones, leaves a kid born across the road from Alberton oval aligned to another snafl club, and what a crock of absolute sh*t that is, plus what was described by Kevin Sheedy as the greatest recruiting area in the country (the west coast of SA) is now apparently aligned to the dead legs, words just about fail me on that one, but I can come up with two, and they are - F*** ME!

And while I'm on the soapbox FFS mothball the PB's, I'm totally sick of seeing C and D grade players ( some of whom are unfortunately AFL listed) trashing the best jumper in the history of the game with their disgraceful and limp wristed non efforts.

I feel One Club did what we want to assist our AFL side until Lokan came on board

Duursma and Lord are the 2 that drop in.

Mayes and McEntee the 2 AFL Emergencies.
jerry-seinfeld-nope.gif

McEntee is baffling. He's been struggling in the SANFL and has shown nothing at AFL level.

There is no way that side should be getting beaten by 60 points. It's clear that there are issues in terms of implementing our game plan at sanfl level and having players perform.

The SANFL team needs major reform over the off season. Basically need to gut it and start again.

jerry-seinfeld-nope.gif

McEntee is baffling. He's been struggling in the SANFL and has shown nothing at AFL level.

15 disposals in the sanfl last week, no score.

Pressure acts must be off the charts. 🤯

It exposes the senior coach of said one club. Sack him.

15 disposals in the sanfl last week, no score.

Pressure acts must be off the charts. 🤯

His previous 3 games he had disposals of 9,9 and 14 with no goals. Averaging 15 disposals at 64% effeciency this season in the SANFL.

It's not a fair comparison because Horne-Francis is a number 1 draft pick, but he was dropped and went into the VFL and got 29 possessions and a goal today. McEntee has never been known as a goal scorer. It says more about the club and where it's at that an undersized player like McEntee, who's not a ball magnet and is not a goal sneak, is still good enough to be considered an AFL emergency.

Edit- Update. McEntee is now the sub :sunglasses:

Last edited:

Koch, Hinkley, Lokan, Richardson, et al is the problem, not one club

What the hell is Duursma doing in the 2's again? Hinkley I detest you.
Duursma has been total and utter garbage at AFL level all year. His non-selection is one of the few things at the club that isn't Hinkley's fault.

Last edited:
Port’s Steven Motlop gained confidence from registering 32 disposals and eight clearances while Dylan Williams had 24 disposals in his new role across half-back.

Father-son prospect Harper Montgomery, the son of Power premiership defender and assistant coach Brett Montgomery, had 17 disposals on debut while ruckman Scott Lycett returned from a lengthy spell with 16 disposals, five clearances and a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port’s Steven Motlop gained confidence from registering 32 disposals and eight clearances while Dylan Williams had 24 disposals in his new role across half-back.

Father-son prospect Harper Montgomery, the son of Power premiership defender and assistant coach Brett Montgomery, had 17 disposals on debut while ruckman Scott Lycett returned from a lengthy spell with 16 disposals, five clearances and a goal.

Motlop has played well at SANFL level. We should keep him there.

We’ve been destroyed by the system . Our top up rules are a joke . We’ve got a totally unbalanced side No experienced defenders or forwards for that matter , Mayes and Sutcliffe the rest are developing . Without Covid and injuries we can be competitive but this year pffft . I’m not angry at the coach or anything, we had Lycett returning , Hayes Visentini , Lord all trying to find a position , no genuine key position player.Lucky we had Duursma and Motlop .

I’ve liked Williams across half back

The system isn’t ideal but we were always going to struggle this year in the sanfl given the complete dismantling we chose to do with our list. Even at close to full strength we would struggle in this comp this year

There is no way that side should be getting beaten by 60 points. It's clear that there are issues in terms of implementing our game plan at sanfl level and having players perform.

The SANFL team needs major reform over the off season. Basically need to gut it and start again.
Hinkley ball doesn't work in the SANFL, may be a a day out at dish licker park with Kenny will do the trick.

jerry-seinfeld-nope.gif

You are right but as soon as we delist him and he goes to another SANFL club McEntee will be a star at SANFL level just as he was at Sturt before we drafted him. I have lost all confidence in Matt Lokan's ability to get the best out of players. I know Lokan is conforming to the Hinkley game plan but given the personnel he has at his disposal, last week being an exception, the Port Magpies should do a lot better.

You are right but as soon as we delist him and he goes to another SANFL club McEntee will be a star at SANFL level just as he was at Sturt before we drafted him. I have lost all confidence in Matt Lokan's ability to get the best out of players. I know Lokan is conforming to the Hinkley game plan but given the personnel he has at his disposal, last week being an exception, the Port Magpies should do a lot better.

Sam Skinner got more out of South Adelaide’s coaching and training facilities.

Again it isn't like the Port SANFL team, after those first couple years, did any better. One could say they objectively did worse than post 2014 Maggies.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back