360 XBOX 360 News(Articles, Accessories, and everything else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Help somebody out and all you get is complaining.... ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-DVI-VGA-Female-Converter-Adapter-Connector-AUS-/180552433957?pt=AU_Components&hash=item2a09c38125#ht_1277wt_905

Adapter_DVI_to_VGA.jpg

$3.99 VGA - DVI Converter
$1.80 Postage
$7.99 X-Box - VGA Cable (from previous post)
$4.99 Postage

$18.77 TOTAL

ALTERNATELY, as I don't have an HDMI xbox I took a little look see and I bet that if you cut away the bulky plastic of both the HDMI and the xbox plug and replaced that with a layer of cloth (gaffa) tape for insulation they would both fit.

$0 :D

2.jpg

Help somebody out and all you get is complaining.... ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-DVI-VGA-..._Components&hash=item2a09c38125#ht_1277wt_905

Adapter_DVI_to_VGA.jpg

$3.99 VGA - DVI Converter
$1.80 Postage
$7.99 X-Box - VGA Cable (from previous post)
$4.99 Postage

$18.77 TOTAL

ALTERNATELY, as I don't have an HDMI xbox I took a little look see and I bet that if you cut away the bulky plastic of both the HDMI and the xbox plug and replaced that with a layer of cloth (gaffa) tape for insulation they would both fit.

$0 :D

2.jpg

Unfortunately I have some more complaining. :D

I'm no graphicophile but I'm pretty sure converting something of lower quality to higher quality (VGA to DVI) compared to converting something of higher quality to lower quality (HDMI to DVI) would give two different results.

Anyways I'll see if I can scab one of those AV cables off a friend in the meantime and just use the cheapo method. :D

Alternatively I could just connect my 360 to my T.V and run a 25 metre ethernet cable through the house. I'm not likely to use my 360 too much normally (currently just trying to get it set up so I can pwn some of my friends on Reach during the holidays :cool:) so I can just pack the cable up when not in use.

Thanks. :)

I know what you mean regarding the possibility to degrading the signal and there fore the picture. But my VGA cable into my 23" 1080 monitor has heaps more clarity than my brother gets on his HD component cabled 32" 1080 100Hz TV.

Meh, your call though. In the meantime I'll continue longshotting snipers with an ironsighted SMG...

What do u guys think of the new dashboard ?
I like it myself, it looks a lot better and feels lot smooter to navigate imo

What do u guys think of the new dashboard ?
I like it myself, it looks a lot better and feels lot smooter to navigate imo

Prefer the old look, however this seems to have quicker load times and you can tell it's been optimised to work with Kinect.

My launch RROD this morning. Just went out and bought the new black slim and hdd transfer cable. Looks pretty compared to the old lorry that used to be parked on my tv unit

Yeah I was lucky as. Bought it in maybe mid 2006? Just after the Melb comm games if I remember correctly. Played the ass out of it. My mate gave me s**t early on saying it was gonna die as he's a ps man. He has since been through 3 ps3's to my single launch machine. Was always gonna die.... Just glad it did after the slim release!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the signal has to travel to your wireless router, over wireless to your box, then over wireless back to the router, its pretty much a physical impossibility not to have greater lag over a wireless network compared to an ethernet cable.

At my old house i used to have the phone jack and router next to the box, so it was easy as. New place is a bastard, home theatre is a mile from a telephone jack.It sucks having to roll out a ethernet cable across the house but i wouldn't game online any other way.

WiFi v Ethernet cable

Just to back this up I just did a dozen runs on speedtest.net and these are the average results on Telstra BigPond Elite cable.....

WiFi
Down 19.5 Mbps
Up 1.05 Mbps
ping 28ms

Ethernet cable
Down 28.2 Mbps
Up 1.18 Mbps
ping 18ms

So there you go. Make of that what you will...

My conclusion; why spend more money for WiFi to severely affect your performance??

It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

Anyone tried Foxtel on 360? Without AFL I doubt I will use it much due to not watching that much TV.

Hopefully the new TV rights will include internet streaming.

Anyone tried Foxtel on 360? Without AFL I doubt I will use it much due to not watching that much TV.

Hopefully the new TV rights will include internet streaming.

I havemate, my apartment block will never get foxtel so I signed up, basic + sports pack costing 30 bucks not too bad. Stream seems fairly good too.

Got a question for you guys, google hasn't been my friend on this one.

Since the dashboard update, my Live connection (Ethernet) consistently has slowly dwindled to the point where it now simply won't connect. Variously when testing it either says it can't connect to the internet (step 2) or it can but can't communicate with Live (step 3). It talks to the network/router ok though (step 1)

Now one of the error messages I get, says that Live needs a minimum MTU (I think that was the acronym) of 1364, so I figure ok, I login to the router and chck that setting, which was 1500, so even though it's higher (?) I change it to 1364 exactly as some websites suggest. Still doesn't work. So at this point I'm a bit lost (Being a tech noob).

Try plugging back in my old wireless adapter I used to use, and via wireless, it connects 110% of the time with absoloutely no issues whatsoever.

So now I'm at the point of an even stronger WTF?! It's clearly not an MTU issue, but something to do with how the xbox is talking to the router since the dashboard update.

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening?

Umm not sure if it counts but I set a specific IP for it so I could stick it in the DMZ and open my nat (Yes have made sure thos settings are all ok)

There is nothing wrong with the router far as I am aware - Using it right now to do this

A mate on live suggested it may be norton and windows 7 ****ing with my router, but have uninstalled n360 4 and no change

Umm not sure if it counts but I set a specific IP for it so I could stick it in the DMZ and open my nat (Yes have made sure thos settings are all ok)

There is nothing wrong with the router far as I am aware - Using it right now to do this

A mate on live suggested it may be norton and windows 7 ****ing with my router, but have uninstalled n360 4 and no change

Try plugging the xbox directly to the modem?

Ok so you have a IP in the DMZ I would check on your router what device has that IP. You might have contention for the same address

OK, thanks mate, will try that tonight.

But what I meant was I created an IP for it, so outside the range of what the router is normally using.

I do appreciate your suggestions though, I'm such a noob this has me absoloutely ****ed.

When you say plug directly into the modem, I use DGN-2000 modem/router, which is 4 port for hard cabling, + obviously sends out wireless signal as well. Compter, XBox, TV & Blue Ray all go directly into the 4 ports, with everything else accessing the router wirelessly. (Phone, Laptop etc). So does that count as plugging directly in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back