XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, only needed 5 minutes to see why Sunset Overdrive is a popular game, fantastic blend of gameplay mechanics and the music,style and humour all on point.

Once I get through my PS backlog will be looking to take my time through this bad boy :thumbsu:

I think my main reason for not including Destiny is because it is so god damn bipolar with what it gives us. The three raids which are probably three of the best five or so singular experiences I've had this generation are amazing the first time you do them. But then there are so many glaring faults with the game itself as well. The PvP is still the most enjoyable I've played this gen, but it is currently lag ridden and plagued with a completely unfair match making algorithm which forces better players into smaller, more laggier encounters.
really? i loved destiny but in my completely and utterly biased opinion Halo 5 destroys it as it has the one simple thing the crucible doesn't- fair starts.

and better objective/social modes (eg griff ball,infection,etc.). and better map design and a smoother gameplay experience from dedicated servers.

off-topic but imo halo Campaign + WZ firefight > raids and strikes.

Yeah Destiny PVP is very weak up against Halo 5, R6 and Overwatch. Sledge loves it when i bash Destinys awful PVP ;)

Destiny Raids are better than the rest of Halo 5 though imo.

Been meaning to get back into Halo 5 online but that 60gb update is scary for my 250gb quota.

really? i loved destiny but in my completely and utterly biased opinion Halo 5 destroys it as it has the one simple thing the crucible doesn't- fair starts.

and better objective/social modes (eg griff ball,infection,etc.). and better map design and a smoother gameplay experience from dedicated servers.

off-topic but imo halo Campaign + WZ firefight > raids and strikes.

I think Halo 5 offered the superior PvP experience as well. It basically removes the balance issues (weapons, classes, supers) and lag while maintaining the qualities that made Destiny PvP work.

Geez, only needed 5 minutes to see why Sunset Overdrive is a popular game, fantastic blend of gameplay mechanics and the music,style and humour all on point.

Once I get through my PS backlog will be looking to take my time through this bad boy :thumbsu:

Well if you are enjoying it after the first five minutes - which admittedly I was pretty undecided on - then you're going to love it once you get all the movement upgrades.

Yeah Destiny PVP is very weak up against Halo 5, R6 and Overwatch. Sledge loves it when i bash Destinys awful PVP ;)

Destiny Raids are better than the rest of Halo 5 though imo.

Been meaning to get back into Halo 5 online but that 60gb update is scary for my 250gb quota.

Mainly because you just call it baby tier, etc. It's only when I call you on it that you actual throw out genuine criticism, some of which is valid, some of which is an issue with all shooters (not being able to win with non meta guns has been an issue in practically every shooter).

I would agree with Halo 5 running smoother from what I've seen. The one thing I won't defend with Destiny is its connections. That's been an issue for a long time and I doubt it gets fixed until D2 if it gets fixed at all.

Destiny's gunplay feels like an evolution of Halos, so much so that it is hard to go back and play Halo. It didn't help that the Halo 5 campaign is pretty lackluster that I'm struggling for the motivation to finish it. Which I understand is rich given that I have played through Destiny's also weak campaign.

Overwatch is mint though, I'll give you that.

You'll notice that I said it was the most enjoyable, rather than the best. I'd probably agree that Overwatch is the best PvP shooter this gen. Destiny was just the best of the early batch (2013-2014) that I had played and I stuck with that. Bare in mind that I didn't have an Xbox at the time so I didn't have access to Titanfall. But I had it as being a better PvP shooter than the likes of COD Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, BF4 (glitchy mess on release + tank whores) & Hardline.

Now I expect others will disagree with me which is fine. But definitely the second wave of current gen shooters have raised the bar (Overwatch & the upcoming TF2) which is why I changed tact to claiming it is simply the PvP shooter I enjoy the most, rather than the best. Because with the current state of its connections + SBMM the game can't compete with the likes of Overwatch H2H anymore. That being said Trials of Osiris was more enjoyable for me at its peak than any singular game mode of another shooter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than 4k Blu Ray, does it offer anything else?
smaller and can deal with being upright so for some that would matter, me I will wait and see what scorpio looks like

HDR colour range, if you're TV supports it. Will make a decent difference in games that support it. Has the new controller as well.

I do have a fancy 4k tv ... hmm maybe. But I'll probably wait for Scorpion

Anyone know why my brothers xbone slows down the internet for everyone else around the house?

Whenever its on, the connection speed for other devices drops to under 1mbps
When it is off, the connection speed jumps back up to 5-6mbps which is the max for my connection (ADSL2+)

Anyone know why my brothers xbone slows down the internet for everyone else around the house?

Whenever its on, the connection speed for other devices drops to under 1mbps
When it is off, the connection speed jumps back up to 5-6mbps which is the max for my connection (ADSL2+)
Nothing is being downloaded when it's on? If I'm downloading something it destroys my net, makes downloading stuff a bit hard when home.

Yeah, I'd check to see if auto-updating is on.

When you say whenever it's on, do you mean he's playing online? Or it's just literally on.

Yea it will be downloading something i reckon, my net turns into dialup when the xb1 is d'loading but is fine if its just playing online.

Very impressed with the new update. Ticks all the boxes for me by making the store more accessible, various sorting options for games and apps, simple things like showing the actual downloaded amount along side the percentage and the big one for me, showing your download speed.

Would like to see Sony implement that last one as i reckon i get much better speeds downloading stuff on XBone.

Hey guys, need an opinion.

Thinking of getting Metal Gear V as it's a decent price on the Xbox market at the moment. Never played one before, unless you count the glorified demo that was Ground Zeroes. I have done a bit of reading and I don't care at all for the story, setting, and characters.

Gameplay wise, I enjoyed Ground Zero, so would it be worth my while to pick up Phantom Pain?

Very impressed with the new update. Ticks all the boxes for me by making the store more accessible, various sorting options for games and apps, simple things like showing the actual downloaded amount along side the percentage and the big one for me, showing your download speed.

Would like to see Sony implement that last one as i reckon i get much better speeds downloading stuff on XBone.
exactly the same for me. the % bar is something i really wanted after seeing it when i got a ps4. and i definitely do get stuff downloaded a lot faster on the xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back