XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

One without a graphics card?
I'm not up to date on the goings on in the graphics card world but I assume there is still graphics cards available, just not necessarily the one he would want.

I'm not up to date on the goings on in the graphics card world but I assume there is still graphics cards available, just not necessarily the one he would want.
On the whole they are only just starting to come back into stock now, but most are still well above MSRP. There was a point a few months ago when even low-powered 4 year old GPUs were going for more than they cost when they first came out. Pretty sure even pre-built PCs have months long waiting lists still.

Basically, trying to build/obtain a PC for gaming right now has at least as much frustration associated with it, but at least with a console you can buy it without having to pay overs

On the whole they are only just starting to come back into stock now, but most are still well above MSRP. There was a point a few months ago when even low-powered 4 year old GPUs were going for more than they cost when they first came out. Pretty sure even pre-built PCs have months long waiting lists still.

Basically, trying to build/obtain a PC for gaming right now has at least as much frustration associated with it, but at least with a console you can buy it without having to pay overs
Well there ya go. Didn't know it was that bad. Well he ain't getting anything without some decent luck then :(

Just had a look out of curiosity and 3080s are nearly $1000 over their launch prices still. At least they're available, that's a good sign. As for consoles I still think if you're actually proactive in hunting for one then the Series X is easier to get than the PS5. For the PS5 you need to go through a retail store and they don't always update their online stores. With the Series X you can play the refresh game and go directly through Microsoft. Just looking around and it also seems like there is still a greater demand for the PS5 which means there are probably more Series X consoles floating around.

Just had a look out of curiosity and 3080s are nearly $1000 over their launch prices still. At least they're available, that's a good sign. As for consoles I still think if you're actually proactive in hunting for one then the Series X is easier to get than the PS5. For the PS5 you need to go through a retail store and they don't always update their online stores. With the Series X you can play the refresh game and go directly through Microsoft. Just looking around and it also seems like there is still a greater demand for the PS5 which means there are probably more Series X consoles floating around.

Wish I could find a bloody series X.

Xbox is the easy choice this gen. Sign up for Game Pass and never look back.
That’s what I’m thinking so far. I thought I’d miss out on some Sony exclusives, then I looked in my drawer and realised I only had Horizon and God of War and the rest was games I can get anywhere.

I’d get a PC and game pass but it is impossible to get a graphics card right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s what I’m thinking so far. I thought I’d miss out on some Sony exclusives, then I looked in my drawer and realised I only had Horizon and God of War and the rest was games I can get anywhere.

I’d get a PC and game pass but it is impossible to get a graphics card right now.
Really? Currently missing out on the only real next gen games so far in my opinion. Demons Souls, Returnal and Ratchet.

It's cheaper to get a Series X & PS5 than it is to get a decent PC. It really depends on what you enjoy playing or just get all three...

Really? Currently missing out on the only real next gen games so far in my opinion. Demons Souls, Returnal and Ratchet.

It's cheaper to get a Series X & PS5 than it is to get a decent PC. It really depends on what you enjoy playing or just get all three...
Demons Souls I played on PS3 and although it looks amazing I don't think I could handle another run of that game. Has some of the most bs mechanics in any game.

Returnal doesn't interest me and Ratchet looks okay.

I'll probably end up getting a PS5 at some point to play GoW Ragnarok though.

Xbox is the easy choice this gen. Sign up for Game Pass and never look back.
Have only ever owned Sony consoles (PS1 through PS4) until I scored a Series X a few months ago. Game Pass is f*cking insane value. In the last couple of months I've played through Halo 1 and 2, Forza 4, MLB The Show 21, Hellblade, Alan Wake, The Medium, Day of the Tentacle, Edith Finch and am currently playing Sunset Overdrive and Slay the Spire (probably the most addictive game I've ever played). Next week I'll be giving Flight Simulator a spin. Over the next few months I want to finish the rest of the Halo games prior to Infinite being released as well as playing through Gears and the Yakuza series. This is before all of the Bethesda exclusives start appearing in the next few years.

I'll probably get a PS5 in a year or two when you can pick them up easily, but I must admit I'm in no hurry. I've hardly switched on my PS4 Pro since I got the Series X.

Gaming headset recommendations? Budget $100-$250

Play lots of warzone so would need to hear lots of the in game noise well.
Go another $19 and get this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back