XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Exact same with Dirt. I love racing games but after a few races of Dirt I was bored shitless.

I was expecting big things, visually looks awesome but just didn't get into it.
I was tossing up between hitman 3 or red dead but went red dead hoping its as good as reviews

I loved Dirt 1 & 2

Got Dirt 3 on release, after playing it..... my enthusiasm for the series dropped. I tried getting into Dirt 4 and wasn't impressed (luckily it was free). I assume 5 will have the same outcome for me.

Forza just makes all other racing games seem low budget. Although I did enjoy Project Cars 2.

It’s amazing it just starts slow. Take your time.

That will be a challenge, mainly play GTA online barely played the story. So used to playing NBA/Fifa and even WWE 2k where its fast paced as in quick results can play a game or two quickly here and there.

That will be a challenge, mainly play GTA online barely played the story. So used to playing NBA/Fifa and even WWE 2k where its fast paced as in quick results can play a game or two quickly here and there.

Yep I’m a bit the same recently. Been playing GTA online and Rocket League as opposed to the massive RPGs or Destiny.

Did you purchase the Xbox from Microsoft directly?

Nope, a target "drop" that was I was up at 5am anticipating. Of course, it didn't drop until about 8:30... the bastards... but at least it was same day pickup (compared to 2 week waits for Gamestop and 1 month for Walmart).

Exact same with Dirt. I love racing games but after a few races of Dirt I was bored shitless.

I haven't tried it yet but it's free so maybe I will. Have you tried Forza? You may even prefer Forza 3 to 4 since it's in Australia. Driving down to Lorne (they call it something else but the pub is definitely there by the roundabout), the great ocean road and the 12 apostles, following real drives I have done, was pretty cool.

I haven't tried it yet but it's free so maybe I will. Have you tried Forza? You may even prefer Forza 3 to 4 since it's in Australia. Driving down to Lorne (they call it something else but the pub is definitely there by the roundabout), the great ocean road and the 12 apostles, following real drives I have done, was pretty cool.
FH3 has been removed from the xbox store for lincesing issues. You will need to locate a disk version (e.g. second hand copy)

FH3 has been removed from the xbox store for lincesing issues. You will need to locate a disk version (e.g. second hand copy)

I'd say that I was lucky to have bought a disk.... but the disk drive doesn't work :(

I believe cdkeys.com still sells it if that's possible?

I'd say that I was lucky to have bought a disk.... but the disk drive doesn't work :(

I believe cdkeys.com still sells it if that's possible?
Damn are you trying to get the unit replaced when stock is available or whats going on there? I basically just have my copy of ssx3 permanently in the disk drive so its always ready. Dvd's every now and then.

Damn are you trying to get the unit replaced when stock is available or whats going on there? I basically just have my copy of ssx3 permanently in the disk drive so its always ready. Dvd's every now and then.

Target gives you a I believe 30 day warranty but even in 30 days time they'll be tough as anything to buy probably so the better option I think is sending it to Microsoft to repair.

Luckily I barely use the disk drive... but I mean still...

Yep love the Forza games. It makes other racing games look low budget. FH3 is hard to go back to after playing FH4 despite being in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting about these controller issues some are having with a sticky trigger and buttons, no problems on my end so far, only thing I’ve had happen since getting the console is the controller did lose sync but that’s only happened once.

There's only 18 Series X left on all of ebay

200.gif

There's only 18 Series X left on all of ebay

200.gif

How much over are they going for?

In the US it costs 500 retail, so then add on about 40 bucks worth of taxes and I've seen people complain of as high as 90 bucks of Ebay fees. You're then looking at having to see it at almost 650 just to break even. Right now they can still go for like 750-800 but that profit margin is too low to be worth it IMO, particularly given how hard they are to get.

Controller also has a sticky trigger already... a bit annoying too. Apparently a common issue as well, particularly with the RT. Noticed it playing FIFA and holding down sprint.

Called up Microsoft and they are sending out a replacement controller no questions asked. Don't even have to return the existing one.

I mean I'm still loving the console overall but it is a bit annoying having these glaring manufacturing issues. I'll be using my Xbox One controller (which is basically the same) until the replacement arrives.

Called up Sunday. Tuesday morning I get this ridiculously large box in the mail :)

1614704081604.png

.... AND JUST LIKE THAT, THE DISK DRIVE WORKS!

Must have been some fairy dust magic bullshit in that massive cardboard box Microsoft sent.

How much over are they going for?

In the US it costs 500 retail, so then add on about 40 bucks worth of taxes and I've seen people complain of as high as 90 bucks of Ebay fees. You're then looking at having to see it at almost 650 just to break even. Right now they can still go for like 750-800 but that profit margin is too low to be worth it IMO, particularly given how hard they are to get.

Averaging $1000 at the moment ($749 retail), but I'd expect that to rise sharply as the number of brand new machines on the market approaches 0 over the next week or so.

Also, certain members (ebay plus perhaps?) got targeted with 10 'no final value fee' listings when listing between 1st and 31st of December 2020. Absolutely worth their weight in gold, as ebay fees are frickin 10% (why does ebay have a complete monopoly on auction sites?) But I digress.

If you were smart, you would would make all 10 "no final value fees" listings active with any old item you knew wouldn't sell at that time. For instance, you could list a non-mint condition Chewbacca Pez Dispenser for 100k. Not gonna sell, but listing stays active.

Then, once you started getting your hands on PS5 and Series X stock in the future, you could edit those "dummy" listings that were still active to reflect the big ticket items you wanted to sell. Wait till they sell and voila, 10 consoles sold paying 0 final value fees, saving $1000s of dollars in the process.

That does rely on the user getting targeted with the $0 FVF offer. Otherwise, nowhere near as lucrative.

Last edited:
Obviously, selling through other classified ad media where you can just deal in cash being the most ideal, as no ebay or PayPal fees

Last edited:
Interesting about these controller issues some are having with a sticky trigger and buttons, no problems on my end so far, only thing I’ve had happen since getting the console is the controller did lose sync but that’s only happened once.
Exactly the same on my end. Controller is fine and only one time I lost sync but a reboot fixed it.

Okay I don't mean to show off folks, but I am having win after win today.

The HDR on my 70" 4k TV doesn't work. Plug in the xbox with HDR on and it'll flash black every 5 seconds or so. Same issue with the xbox one and series X, but both work fine on a different TV so it's really the TV's fault.

It's 10 months old. It's under both Samsung manufacturer's warranty and Walmart extra protection plan. I already had Samsung fix a different aspect of the TV, but since I heard this problem was common in Samsung parts I figured I'd try Walmart, since they could in theory replace the TV with a different brand.

Call up Walmart. They give everything the okay, send out parts and schedule a technician.

... I check FEDEX and the parts have been sent to my fiance's parents house... in a different ******* state. Basically their ****ed up my billing vs mailing address on the credit card.

I call up to rectify the issue. After a few holds, and zero complaining or anything on my part, the guy just says "it's going to be just easier if we reimburse you for the TV. We'll be sending you a cheque for the full price". Of course I asked "how do I have to return the TV then?" to which he replied "... you don't"

So voilà, I now have a 70" TV which works fine except for one small feature and $600 USD on the way.

Oh.... and it's still under Samsung's warranty so I can fix it through that :)

The HDR on my 70" 4k TV doesn't work. Plug in the xbox with HDR on and it'll flash black every 5 seconds or so. Same issue with the xbox one and series X, but both work fine on a different TV so it's really the TV's fault.

It's 10 months old. It's under both Samsung manufacturer's warranty and Walmart extra protection plan. I already had Samsung fix a different aspect of the TV, but since I heard this problem was common in Samsung parts I figured I'd try Walmart, since they could in theory replace the TV with a different brand.

Call up Walmart. They give everything the okay, send out parts and schedule a technician.

... I check FEDEX and the parts have been sent to my fiance's parents house... in a different ******* state. Basically their f’ed up my billing vs mailing address on the credit card.

I call up to rectify the issue. After a few holds, and zero complaining or anything on my part, the guy just says "it's going to be just easier if we reimburse you for the TV. We'll be sending you a cheque for the full price". Of course I asked "how do I have to return the TV then?" to which he replied "... you don't"

So voilà, I now have a 70" TV which works fine except for one small feature and $600 USD on the way.

Very cool. There’s a couple SSD cards right there 🤣

Haven't had any issues with my controller so far. The XBSX controller is so similar to the already fantastic xbox one controller with a few subtle differences that make it even better.

Of course it sits unused most of the time as I use the elite controller which is the best controller ever made

... I check FEDEX and the parts have been sent to my fiance's parents house... in a different ******* state. Basically their f’ed up my billing vs mailing address on the credit card.

Try and walk on water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back