Autopsy You get what you ******* deserve Swans by 29 Hayward silences his critics.

Remove this Banner Ad

d7e24398aa14edb7fc0ae3af3cdd04ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have read Francis has been playing better than Hamling in a similar role so far in the reserves. Both might in the frame though. Possibly just bring in Fox?

Sometimes seems like Fox and Rampe are seen as the 3rd tall and that won't change, if Rampe is fit either Fox goes forward or misses out. Be interesting if he gets to start next week

What a complete performance!!

Some people are a bit too critical, conditions were bad so fumbles galore was expected. But all 23 threw themselves at ground balls with complete disregard for their own wellbeing. Tackling effort was as good as I can remember. Pressure on the GWS ball carrier and around loose balls was immense.

Not going to single anyone out, that would be negligent on my part.

We are officially a serious flag threat now.

Yep needed to see a game like today to judge this side tough conditions in a tough contested slog and we excelled.

Most of that team has another ~50 games under their belt since that flogging.

Was closely watching when they got out to a near 3 goal lead in the 2nd we responded magnificently.
You can see the growing maturity of the team in those moments when games look like they could get away. Granted it went wrong against the Tigers, but a couple of times this season already, we've had bad patches in games which have put us on the back foot, and we've been able to 'reset', turn the tide and then hit back hard.

It was a great characteristic of the 2012 era Swannies - think of that glorious performance against the wees and poos in Launceston on Goodesy' milestone 304th game. This team is starting to build a similar characteristic - if we can mould in that hardness to find a way back into the contest, along with the individual brilliance littered throughout this team, then we will have all the tools needed to make amends for the inglorious (and undeserved) meek end to 2022.

Best game of the season for my mind . slow first quarter then smashed them all over the ground for the rest of the game. Grundy's best game for us after Briggs was dominant in the first quarter. Warner was probably BOG , Heeney again was in everything , Hayward four goals in those conditions and some great forward pressure. Jordan keeps on surprising me. Gulden got going second half. Melican is showing he is one of the better defenders in the comp. Everyone put in today.
Still think from what GWS showed in the first quarter that they will be challenging for top four at the end of the season. As much as i dislike them they have class players all over the ground.
Just hope McCartin is ok was playing well before he went off. At least we have some options to cover for him.

absolutely! ... and david king and co will spend the week telling everyone why and how
meanwhile, we'll just head west and beat fremantle

Mclean deserves some love too.
when he rucks we dont suddenly lose it, and he works hard, Feel like he reads it well, lowers the eyes, has developed into a smart efficient player imo

I trust him
McLean is the most consistent of our three young talls. He always find a way to influence a contest and play his part - helped of course by his relief work in the ruck (which has come on a lot in recent years). He is decent around the ground, and always comes up with a decent mark or two.

We need more from the three young talls - of course we do. But not a whole lot more collectively. We may be better suited with only 2 of them, but as long as they as a group keep contributing regularly and developing, they will continue to do their bit for the team. This year feels a bit like 2012 - where we didn't really have a dominant tall (though Sammy Reid had a terrific year), but relied on a mix of avenues to goal that made us very, very hard to contain.

mcinerney is as tough as they come, he's just not built to look tough ...
he's like an old rag with a knot in it ... a dog could chew on it for half an hour and it'd still be the same
Yep absolutely. Not saying he isn't 'tough', just greasy conditions don't necessarily suit a player like him. There is more than a passing resemblance in his play to how Marty Mattner used to go about it - but perhaps with a bit more 'showy' skill thrown in. Absolutely terrific today.

I reckon with it being our 2nd 6 day turnaround in a row there will be a couple of changes. I would say Parker, Campbell and Sheldrick (if fit) would be in the mix.

Doubt it to be honest, unless there are injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See if you still like GWS if that thug has retired McCartin which was a deliberate attack on the player.

It was an appalling act by Brown but I didn’t stop loving the Swans when Hall king hit Staker. I’d hate to be in western Sydney, playing in front of a handful of supporters in rugby league heartland and robbed of best players every year. Kudos where it’s due.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mclean deserves some love too.
when he rucks we dont suddenly lose it, and he works hard, Feel like he reads it well, lowers the eyes, has developed into a smart efficient player imo

I trust him

agree with that ... he's not grundy but he brings his own presence ... and has been developing that physicality since late last season
i reckon he's thriving

Yep absolutely. Not saying he isn't 'tough', just greasy conditions don't necessarily suit a player like him. There is more than a passing resemblance in his play to how Marty Mattner used to go about it - but perhaps with a bit more 'showy' skill thrown in. Absolutely terrific today.

ha, yeah, nice comparison to mattner, but yes, mcinerney is a far more creative, dangerous player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back