Your 3 best games of 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I couldn't find a GOTY thread (bizarrely- I remember one appeared in June for 2013), so please merge if Ive missed it. I havent played some which probably should make the list (Mordor, FC4, DA:I).

All in all, a fairly frustrating year for gaming.

Destiny was a massive disappointment, Watch Dogs was good for a 2009 Xbox 360/PS3 game, NHL 15 was a mess. I didnt even bother with this week's Assassin's Creed iteration.

Even critically acclaimed games like Child of light and valiant hearts struck me as critics reaching for something, anything, positive. Both left me very underwhelmed. For me, 3 stood out well above the rest.

1. Titanfall. This is the best game you've probably never played. It is the most refreshing shooter in years. Not because of its titans, which are awesome, but for the fact the field of play became a fully formed 3D environment. You're not just running along the ground, you are going vertical. The movement in the game is truly breathtaking.

Yes it had no campaign, and the options were scarce and it wouldnt be my number #1 in a good year, but please, please get the sequel. You'll love it.

2. Wolfenstein. Great graphics, spot on gunplay, lots of gore, meaty campaign, dismembering Nazis. What more needs to be said.

My only complaints were a slow first half, and a lack of truly original weapons.

3. NBA2K15. Typically great and improved gameplay, as usual. But this is a game that has reversed the trend towards microtransactions and monetisation. By curbing it and including a new offline mode, this game has done something good for consumers. Pay attention EA, and ram those ultimate teams right up your coight.

1.far cry 4
2. Shadow of Mortar
3. ??????????? Haven't played many games this year so have to go with Evil within by a default.

Pissed about Bayonetta 2, love that game, last one was on the 360 so I could play it, this ones only on wii.

Haven't got a wii so miss out on it

1. Dragon Age (Marvellous game)
2. Dark Souls II (Not quite as amazing as the first, but still enjoyed my time with it)
3. Wolfenstein (Leaps and bounds better than Far Cry 3.5, come on guys)

Special mentions to South Park, Rebirth (would be on there but I won't technically count it as a new game)

Surprised you've listed 2K15, 2K still refuse to make online halfway decent. They're definitely getting lazy with no genuine competition.

Best games this year were Far Cry 4, Dragon Age and Wolfenstein.
I've not played enough of AC Unity to put it in any best list.

Also South Park: The Stick of Truth deserves to be right up near the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Shovel Knight
2. Broken Age
3. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

No particular order..

GTA 5
Last Of Us
Tomb Raider

Like to chuck out a few hon mens to TWD seasons 1 and 2, Sleeping Dogs, Minecraft and the Metro games.

My top 3 in following order:

1. Dragon age Inquisition
2. The last of Us(remastered)
3. Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back