Your Best and Worst trade so far this year...

Remove this Banner Ad

swans4eva

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Single out the one trade which has been a blessing, going absolutely perfectly with perfect timing and then the trade which has single-handedly killed you this year.

Best Trade: Kennelly ---> Fisher (Round 9)

At this stage I had 50-60k left from previous upgrades and decided that I had to upgrade a player with it. I decided to go with Kennelly to Fisher. Two days later, Kennelly got injured in the first minute and got a 0, losing a lot of value. Since then, Sam Fisher has averaged 94 :D

Worst Trade: Rockliff ---> McNeil (Round 10)

When Goodes was supposedly at his lowest price, I decided I needed to make some money from the out of form Rockliff and trade him out to upgrade Martin to Goodes. He was priced at 200k then... Now he has recorded 5 95+ scores in a row and is a definite keeper. This one makes me cry.

my best trade:Kennelly to Goddard in Rnd 9. This trade was at the best possible time. Offloaded Kennelly in the round where he got injured with a 0. Avoided the donut and price drop. Since ive brought Goddard in, he hasnt scored less than 120:)

Worst trade:howlett to gysberts

Kennelly -> Webberley (right before the zero, hallelujah) :thumbsu:
Banner -> JKT (at the time seemed alright, but now with Banner playing and JKT stuck on the outer...) :thumbsdown:

Best
OUT Riewoldt ($445,000) IN Podsiadly ($77,800) which allowed
OUT Shuey ($140,100) IN Swan ($488,600)

Didn't get caught out by the Voldt trade which let me get rid of Shuey in Round 5.

Worst
Hall ($282,700) IN Johnson ($381,400)
Since this trade Hall has outscored Johnson and hasn't missed as many games.

Dishonourable mention Martin to Goodes

Capture-15.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww281/footycool/Capture-15.jpg

Brennan was a total flop

Best Trade: Drummond -> Goddard (Round 8) Traded in Goddard and he hasn't put a foot wrong since. :thumbsu:

Worst Trade: R.Shaw -> Drummond (Round 3) Showed my inexperience here. Should never have picked Shaw in the first place let alone traded him out for Drummond who is very injury prone and isn't really a good DT player. :eek:

Best Trade:
Brad Ebert ($357,400) -> Lenny Hayes ($456,500) - Round 10
Ebert was a perfect mid-pricer up until this point, averaging in the 90s and giving a nice little price rise. Jumped on Hayes, and since then Ebert's form has really slumped, while Hayes has been fantastic. :thumbsu:

Worst Trade (Theres a few :():
Ziebell ($287,500) -> Brown ($307,100).
Figured things couldn't get any worse for the big guy, and he looked like he was starting to come good. And now he's out. Offset a little by Zeibell's broken leg, but I would've been a trade up. Was a little too keen to get this trade done, as I had had it planned for 2 months :thumbsdown:

Worst Non-trade:
Not punting Waite when he first went out. Scores well ... but only 8 games played isn't worth it. Committed now though :(

Best:
Dangerfield > Rockliff

honourable mention:
Broughton > Sheppard
Seaby > Cox (before seaby sucked arse, and after hsi big scores)

Worst:
Voldt > Brennan (I think this trade changed the entire season for many, many players. those who went chappy were flying, the rest of us... not so much)

honourable mention:
Waters > Webberley (though nothing can compare to Voldt > Brennan)

Best

Hitchcock > Pods (Round 5)

Worst

Tippett > Naitanui (Round 5)

New to dream team made the mistake of doing a sideways trade was annoyed with tippett scores, learnt my lesson though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best

Bastinac > Hayes (rd 7)

Worst

My worst trades turn out to be my first 3 that I made.

Clark > Seaby (rd 3)
Medhurst > Brown (rd 3)
Riewoldt > Brennan (rd 4)

Had pretty consistent trading this season, with not many jumping out as horrible or great trades.

Best Trade: Hitchcock to Pods (Round 5). I was really unsure of this trade, but ended up deciding to do it when Hitchcock wasn't named for round 5. Since then, Hitchcock has played 6 games for an average of 58 and Pods has played 9 games for an average of 88.2. Have to say that the trade looks pretty good now.

Worst Trade: Tippett to Goodes (Round 10). Each week, I was becoming more and more sick of Tippett, and at Round 10, Tippett hadn't scored over 83 for the year (and that was against Richmond), which Goodes had scored back to back tons and had a low breakeven. Since then Tippett has averaged 77.8 and Goodes has averaged 78.2. So, minor win, but not worth the 120K the trade cost.

Best Non Trade: Waters to Grimes (Round 10). At Round 10, I was really considering upgrading Waters, after only scoring 1 score over 66 in his last 4 games and Grimes seemed the best choice as a cheap premium. I eventually didn't pull the trigger due to bigger problems (in Tippett and Kennelly). Since then, Waters has averaged 107.6 (even with the bad score this round) and Grimes has averaged 72.6 (and is now out with a hamstring injury). Seemed I dodged a bullet with this trade.

Worst Trade Choice: Howlett to Judd or Montagna (Round 11). Seconds to lock out and I had to quickly toss up between Judd and Montagna as trade targets for Howlett (who hadn't made the final 22). On (stupid) advice from my mate I decided to go with Judd as the more unique option (in my league). Since then Judd has averaged 87.3 and Montagna has averaged 118.5. So, you could definitely say that it is looking a very poor choice at the moment. Also, with the Barlow injury, it means I will have a (likely) final midfield of Montagna, Bartel, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Mitchell instead of Ablett, Montagna, Bartel, Selwood, Gibbs, Mitchell.

Worst:
Harvey to Brown after Harvey's round 2 score. Since then Harvey has killed it compared to Brown and Brown had a string of average games before going out injured.
Followed closely by Waters to Goddard just before Waters started hitting 100's every week.

Best: None really. Been a rotten year.

I'm finding it hard to find my best and worst trades.

On paper, if somebody had of said they traded R.Roberts out and then back in you'd think they wouldn't be doing that well. Same can be said for trading Rockliff out at only 200K value and trading in Ablett in at 530K.

But as you can see every trade had an end goal that significantly improved my team for the long run(Not to mention got me points earlier in the piece). I certainly haven't traded perfectly but I always had the end in mind. I'm walking a fine line now by having only 1 bench player in basically each position but I still have 5 trades left to sideways trade my best 22.

d3j.jpg

Best Trade
RD5: OUT Wright IN Podsiadly:thumbsu:

Worst Trade
RD6: OUT Dangerfield IN Sylvia:eek::thumbsdown:

That last one wins by a mile, I think I payed 418k for Sylvia and he's gone on to average about 70 for me, not even including the games he's missed where I've needed Hitchcock.

I suppose upgrading to Hargrave (from Maguire) just before his 111 and 95 scores was a huge mistake, though Maguire got injured which kind of softened the blow.

Waters to Scotland aswell... ouch:(

I'm finding it hard to find my best and worst trades.

On paper, if somebody had of said they traded R.Roberts out and then back in you'd think they wouldn't be doing that well. Same can be said for trading Rockliff out at only 200K value and trading in Ablett in at 530K.

But as you can see every trade had an end goal that significantly improved my team for the long run(Not to mention got me points earlier in the piece). I certainly haven't traded perfectly but I always had the end in mind. I'm walking a fine line now by having only 1 bench player in basically each position but I still have 5 trades left to sideways trade my best 22.

d3j.jpg

All good trades in my opinion, only slightly dubious one was the Hunt to Davis but if you needed the cash then and there was probably worth it :thumbsu:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back