13th – Jason Castagna, 32

Equal 14th – Jack Riewoldt, 29

Equal 14th – Daniel Rioli, 29

Equal 16th – Jake Aarts, 28

Equal 16th – Toby Nankervis, 28

18th – Marlion Pickett, 26

19th – Shane Edwards, 22

20th – Bachar Houli, 19

6 of top 10, 11 of top 20 in this years B&F make our 26 and under team.
Yeh I can’t see that group ever being the core of a premiership side, all but about 2-3 are just interchangeable role players.

Hardwick Koschitzke greaves
Day sicily scrimshaw

Phillips worpel Morrison

Cousins o'brien impey
Moore Lewis Morris

Reeves maginness howe

Cj , jeka, Nash, hanrahan

As expected Solid backline but everything else lacks class , We seriously lack players in the 24-26 bracket . Hopefully Lewis can have an injury free pre season and get back to 2019 form because that will help us . Reeves ,kosi and jeka are the only ones to not debut with jeka especially the club holding very high hopes for.

The idea that players that were part of a premiership team are automatically walk ups for other teams is so flawed. Most of these Richmond players are just filler that every team in the comp has. It's the top end talent that premiers have in spades over the rest that gets them to the top, not your run of the mill players filling holes around them

Yeah I left Garth out because I just don't think he'll make it.Mind you, don't like Naishs chances either

Neither do I. I don’t rate Chol either.

Ross, Aarts and Stack are the only ones that haven’t cemented a spot that I’ll say I’m confident will make it. Not guns. Just AFL quality players

B: Mason Redman, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Aaron Francis
HB: Jordan Ridley, Nick Bryan, Nick Hind
C: Zach Merrett, Andrew McGrath, Kyle Langford
HF: Jayden Laverde, James Stewart, Will Snelling
F: Jake Stringer, Peter Wright, Irving Mosquito
R: Sam Draper, Jye Caldwell, Darcy Parish
I/C: Dylan Clarke, Brayden Ham, Matt Guelfi, Harrison Jones

B: Kelly, Butts, McPherson

HB: Doedee, McAsey, Sholl

C: Keays, Milera, Hamill

HF: Jones, Himmelberg, McHenry

F: McAdam, Fogarty, Stengle

R: O'Brien, Crouch, Schoenberg

INT: PICK 1, PICK 9, Murphy, Hately

Rest: Frampton, Davis, Strachan, O'Connor, Worrell, Gollant, Other draft picks.

Hinge I honeslty have no clue about so couldn't say where/if he would fit. Obviously given we don't know the draft picks yet it's impossible to place them so I left on INT. Not hung up on precise positions.

Looking forward to finding out we are doomed for eternity but several showed plenty in a tough season toward the back end with a new coach, no full training.

Have I missed something/someone? Probably.

Will I be roasted by Crows fans for keeping Kelly in? Probably but you know it'll happen.

The idea that players that were part of a premiership team are automatically walk ups for other teams is so flawed. Most of these Richmond players are just filler that every team in the comp has. It's the top end talent that premiers have in spades over the rest that gets them to the top, not your run of the mill players filling holes around hs
I don't think this is the case with Richmond. They only have one player who really stands out.

But they are incredibly well drilled. A truly great "team" from the perspective of having all their parts working seamlessly together.

I think Hardwick, like Lyon before him but like all coaches really, has certain specific expectations around the type of roles he needs his players to play.

Whether a player gets a game for a certain team will depend on that team's game style.

I don't think this is the case with Richmond. They only have one player who really stands out.

But they are incredibly well drilled. A truly great "team" from the perspective of having all their parts working seamlessly together.

I think Hardwick, like Lyon before him but like all coaches really, has certain specific expectations around the type of roles he needs his players to play.

Whether a player gets a game for a certain team will depend on that team's game style.
Jeez how s**t are the rest of you when we only have 1 stand-out player (Dusty) and then a bunch of potatoes around him playing a team role?

What a ridiculous comment.

Jeez how sh*t are the rest of you when we only have 1 stand-out player (Dusty) and then a bunch of potatoes around him playing a team role?

What a ridiculous comment.
I watched all 4 Richmond finals this year, and the night they pumped Geelong in h&a.

I don't notice many stand out individuals when they play.... other than the obvious.

Rance used to consistently win the contests on the defensive end but he's long gone.

We have a clear best player, as have a lot of premiership sides. But we also have several other great players over the journey, Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Grimes, Vlastuin, Prestia, Astbury, Edwards, Houli.

+ the young guns coming through and then yes the role players that form the foundations of the list.

This idea that Dusty has carried a bunch of hacks to 3 flags is tired now. If that we're the case he's the greatest player ever in the history of the game by a mile.

The relevance of this comment to this thread is that coaches can come along and change the role of a player or totally change the game plan, which can either help individuals immensely or derail their career when they fail.

Perfect example of the former- Jack Steele.

So we look at our kids, attempting to determine who'll make it. But that might depend on our next coach, the game style they employ and how they use that player.

This idea that Dusty has carried a bunch of hacks to 3 flags is tired now. If that we're the case he's the greatest player ever in the history of the game by a mile.

Except that's not what I said. I made a couple of observations.

This thread will soon get derailed so I'll stop there before you touchy Richmond peeps put more words in my mouth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redman Zerk-Thatcher Francis
Ridley Brand* Hind
Merrett Parish Langford
Laverde Eyre* Jones
Mosquito Wright Stringer
Draper McGrath Caldwell
Snelling Cahill ??? ???

*Counting the 2 NGA kids this year since they'll come in.

Very short on good inside mids.
They are, but those solid B/B+ players can be the core of a good list, Richmond just need to add a couple of midfielders via free agency, hopefully Josh Kelly doesn't want to play for Richmond. I have some Richmond supporting friends who claim they think they can get him as a free agent for 2022.

Only team left is demons would the below be it or did I miss a dees player?

mids are strong as it’s their current best mids all falling in this category but the rest looks average

B: Hore Lever Salem
HB: Lockhart Smith Rivers
C: Langdon Oliver Brayshaw
HF: Fritsch Petty Spargo
F: Pickett Weideman Hunt
R: Jackson Viney Petracca
I: Baker Bedford ANB Chandler

Martin, Lynch, Prestia and Cotchin is what’s going to be hard to replace. Bolton was brilliant this year so he might help but at the end of the day they had to use picks 2,3 and 5 to find that quality and then somewhat get lucky that GC was so low on the ladder they didn’t match on Lynch.

Given that 11 of them make Richmond’s dynasty team, it would make sense that 11 of them are certainties to walk into every other team (which are vastly inferior to Richmond). The six I was referring to were the six that don’t get a game for Richmond, but get a game everywhere else.

Baker, Bolton, Rioli, Castagna, Graham, McIntosh, Ross, Aarts, Nankervis, Soldo, Stack and Chol walk into Melbourne’s best 22 for example. I mean, you guys are carrying blokes like Tomlinson, Pickett, Harmes, Rivers, Spargo, Melksham, Hunt, Lever, Hibberd, Jackson, Salem, etc. in your 22, who all range from poor to ordinary. In fact, I’d say only Gawn, May and Petracca get a game for Richmond. To suggest you couldn’t find room for 2 and 3 time premiership players (including a BNF winner in a premiership year) in every side is hilarious.

Wow, I honestly hope you’re trolling.

Otherwise you have some very strong delusion.

There are some very average level AFL talents there who play their role very well for Richmond.

Redman Zerk-Thatcher Francis
Ridley Brand* Hind
Merrett Parish Langford
Laverde Eyre* Jones
Mosquito Wright Stringer
Draper McGrath Caldwell
Snelling Cahill ??? ???

*Counting the 2 NGA kids this year since they'll come in.

James Stewart surely gets a game.

Wow, I honestly hope you’re trolling.

Otherwise you have some very strong delusion.

There are some very average level AFL talents there who play their role very well for Richmond.
Please tell me which other Melbourne players get a game for Richmond and where we hide them? Oliver the 2018 version maybe? Wouldn’t touch the rest of them.

The myth that we have a lot of average role players at Richmond has been debunked. I remember when Dan Butler fell to St Kilda for pick 70 odd because he was “just another average role player at Richmond”. Turns out he’s their second best player and borderline AA quality.

There’s a reason why our depth/fringe players get picked apart by other clubs each year. Guys like Butler, Stengle, Conca, Lloyd, B. Ellis, Miles, etc. all flourished elsewhere. Then there’s Markov and Higgins who will walk into their new respective teams. You’re suggesting guys who are actually entrenched into our best 22 wouldn’t get games elsewhere when there’s overwhelming evidence that guys who can’t get a game for us walk into other teams. And I’m the deluded one?

The idea that players that were part of a premiership team are automatically walk ups for other teams is so flawed. Most of these Richmond players are just filler that every team in the comp has. It's the top end talent that premiers have in spades over the rest that gets them to the top, not your run of the mill players filling holes around them
But they do walk into other sides and there’s evidence of it. See my post above.

James Stewart surely gets a game.
Thought he was a year older

Given that 11 of them make Richmond’s dynasty team, it would make sense that 11 of them are certainties to walk into every other team (which are vastly inferior to Richmond). The six I was referring to were the six that don’t get a game for Richmond, but get a game everywhere else.

Baker, Bolton, Rioli, Castagna, Graham, McIntosh, Ross, Aarts, Nankervis, Soldo, Stack and Chol walk into Melbourne’s best 22 for example. I mean, you guys are carrying blokes like Tomlinson, Pickett, Harmes, Rivers, Spargo, Melksham, Hunt, Lever, Hibberd, Jackson, Salem, etc. in your 22, who all range from poor to ordinary. In fact, I’d say only Gawn, May and Petracca get a game for Richmond. To suggest you couldn’t find room for 2 and 3 time premiership players (including a BNF winner in a premiership year) in every side is hilarious.
Soldo and nank displace gawn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back