Your three favourite opposition teams

What are your Top 3 opposition teams (discuss reasons)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Then he was never a bulldog or blue, if you ditch a team you've never been a true supporter.
Well he was firstly a Bulldog and secondly a Blue. Many many people followed their local WAFL club and had a team in the VFL, usually due to their favourite players from the WAFL being drafted to a certain VFL club or family connections etc.
Would you deny say a Melbourne Victory fan of being a legitimate Liverpool fan also?????
Its is and was (in the footy sense) very real to have two teams in the two comps back in the day.
Was still a Bulldog in the WAFL after the eagles came in(and still is) obviously though as the WAFL lost its prominence the focus shifted more towards the Eagles, but as you can imagine (or maybe you cant) its pretty easy to jump on a team from your neck of the woods. I guess he felt more represented and connected to West Coast than Carlton in the VFL as they actually came from the same place that he did....just like how I would go for a Perth based side if one entered the English football league system ahead of Chelsea (my fav english club).
I think there are only two acceptable situations to change your team in a certain sporting comp:
a- your old team is vanquished forcing you to find a new one
b- a new team representing your home town/region enters the league

Brisbane: Grew up in QLD as a kid, so I have a soft spot for them (Even though I had never heard of Aussie Rules till I moved to SA)

West Coast: "Brother from another mother" feelings for them but will never forget 2005/06 lol

GWS: Done alot of things right from top to bottom as a club and I hope break into the West Sydney rugby heart land.

Like -
Brisbane
Essendon (Dad's team)
Adelaide
GWS

Neutral -
St Kilda
Fremantle (will probably like again post Ross Lyon)
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Richmond (disliked them before 2018)
Western Bulldogs

Dislike -
West Coast
Melbourne
Collingwood
Sydney
Geelong

Hate -
Hawthorn (been too good)
Carlton

West Coast: "Brother from another mother" feelings for them
That's how I feel about the Crows too :) . Similarly, Port and Freo are rather similar :p.
I'm hoping for a Crows v. Eagles GF someday.

This is a weird thing to admit. But here goes.

Hawks - best club since the AFL inception. Just have respect for them re: 1991 & 2015.
Crows - like us, they are hated. I relate to them a bit tbh. Like watching them play footy.
Demons - loyal fans, play watchable footy most of the time. They deserve a flag.

Kangaroos - close 4th special mention. My dad followed them.

David Neitz dated my cousin when I was a young lad and was an awesome bloke so have a soft spot for Melbourne.

Brisbane’s 3peat team was hard not to love. Hard and talented.

North Melbourne, I live in the North and used to love watching Carey and Archer do their thing (pre-scandal)

Back