Smyth94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Oilers
Okay I'm going to buck the trend of all the "toast" threads, I don't feel like toast ATM...

Anyway, Zaka's goalkicking...Zaka, you're a gun and I love ya, but can you please start nailing those sodas, because it's costing/will cost us.

He'd improve by 50% if he started to nail these shots.

Agreed, he could be kicking 3 goals a game with the opportunities he gets.

Just off the top of my head, he's missed at least one very gettable shot per game

i'm not the least bit worried about 1 or 2 goal kicking abberations.

This kid is going to be a star.

He is not playing midfield because he is so good in the forward line (overhead work is excellent - even though he doesn't always take the mark). He needs to have the impact on the scoreboard otherwise we are just loosing a midfield rotation.

The 2 bad misses each game needs to stop. Based on the number of shots he is having he could kick 40 goals this season.

The guy is going to be a star and reminds me a lot of Higgins at the dogs. Not slow (but not blistering) and not tall or physically dominant. He is just incredibly gifted "footballer".

Yeah he's a great genuine footballer. Will be a gun midfielder for us in the future, who can play forward if needed. His contested marking for his size is absolutely terrific and he has a great ability to find space in the forward line. I'm not stressing too much about his goal kicking, i think its more of a confidence thing at the moment. Also considering its his only real weakness we could just play him a bit further up the ground and use him more as a linkman (kind of like Monfries role) which would make good use of his strengths. Just needs to build up his tank a bit more, put on a little weight and we have found a 10 year player in my opinion.

Smart footballer, knows where to go, and often nullifies a contest when not in the box seat to win the ball or when its 50/50.

Kicking will improve, his overall technique is okay, he doesn't kick through it sometimes, hence doesn't make the distance from 35-40 which isn't great!

Maybe he needs a Michael Symons run-up??? :eek:

He had the chance to just about ice the game twice last night and fluffed it.

We have the best set shot in the league on our list so I hope they are taking advice from him.

He is not playing midfield because he is so good in the forward line (overhead work is excellent - even though he doesn't always take the mark). He needs to have the impact on the scoreboard otherwise we are just loosing a midfield rotation.

Having a real problem understanding why he is not spending more time in the middle. Hope we are not turning him into another Monfries, hes too good for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back