Round 2: Essendon vs Hawthorn @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that a lot of people overrate Cyril
To put Ryder in the same sentence is utterly insulting though.

Cyril- inconsistent but absolute match winner

Ryder- above average plodder

Can't ever remember Ryder winning a game off his own boot.
You should probably watch more Essendon games then.

I'm not saying he's the best ruckman in the comp, but he's better than you're making out.

I agree that a lot of people overrate Cyril
To put Ryder in the same sentence is utterly insulting though.

Cyril- inconsistent but absolute match winner

Ryder- above average plodder
okeymete

andrew coombs Stanton does that role as well. In fact, he's been doing it and averaging over 22 possessions every year since 2006. Doing this also getting the #1 tagger for the most part and not starting 20 metres ahead of the play from every stoppage. Smith has never averaged more than 20 disposals over a full season. And Hill's elite endurance? lol.

Lol. Are you and checkraiseulite in a "troll off" or something?

Google "afl draft beep tests"

Then watch who is still running hard to give the ball to Rioli to win the game.

Lol...
Hill averaged 16 touches last year. Someone with "elite endurance" averages 20+. He may get to the stage where his endurance is elite at AFL standard, but he's not there yet

mm it's debatable but i think we're comfortably better. Geelong were definitely a good honest team, but we always had it over them when it mattered. they were fairly solid across the board, being able to squeeze the most out of average players like enright, corey, kelly, mackie, ottens etc, but those players just aren't in the same league as hawthorn's stars.

Obvious troll is obvious,

I come away from that game very flat and upset we didn't win, Like someone posted a few pages back "We had them and we let them off the hook" Now this is not to say Hawthorn didn't deserve it, What I'm saying is Essendon lost it, We could have gone for the kill but instead we tried to hold on until the final siren, Now this tactic may work against a North or a Carlton but Hawthorn I don't think so, Hawthorn will not let you have it they won't give in and say take it you wanted it more, This is a premiership winning team with a winning mentality and they gave us the finger in the dieing minutes.

I also know we can farking play football and can now go into any game thinking we're here for the chocolates.

See you next time Hawkers.

Yes, it's an exaggeration, but it proves a point. Put our outs back in and their outs back in, we win that by 6-7 goals....
No, you win by 3-4 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go back through the last decade on BF and find a premiership team who's supporters haven't thought their players are superior to the rest of the competition. Geelong, Collingwood and even Sydney come to mind. Geelong had legitimate claims around 2007-2009 and the Pies 2010-2011. Sydney pinched one from a superior side in 2012 ( as Hawthorn did in 2008 ) and the proof of that was shown last year and will continue on into the future.

There is your delusion underlined right there.

2012. Sydney by 37 in Tassie. Hawthorn by 10 in Sydney.

Sydney by 10 in the Grandfinal.

Played 3 times won 2 and won the most important when the stakes were at their highest and pressure at the max.

Pinched:rolleyes: Give us a spell ! Superior side:rolleyes: seek counselling.

Hill averaged 16 touches last year. Someone with "elite endurance" averages 20+. He may get to the stage where his endurance is elite at AFL standard, but he's not there yet
Hey mate, when someone educates you about footy, you should thank them. Not make a bigger fool of yourself by contradicting them and talking through your arse.

Brad Hill and Isaac Smith are both absolutely elite amongst AFL footballers when it comes to endurance running. They are both far and away Hawthorn's best runners. This is not always reflected by the possession count. Most endurance running in AFL matches goes unrewarded. Neither player spends much time accumulating possessions in the handball chains at the clearances or off waxing possessions off half back. Their job is to stretch the opposition by sprinting forwards when Hawthorn gains possession and sprinting hard back on defence when the opposition gets the ball.

Mitchell, Hodge and Goddard usually get a lot of possessions, but none of them are great endurance runners. They're okay, but a long way from elite as runners. They position themselves in the thick of the action. Their teammates also look for them because they make good decisions and their team's best at distributing the ball.

Hey mate, when someone educates you about footy, you should thank them. Not make a bigger fool of yourself by contradicting them and talking through your arse.

Brad Hill and Isaac Smith are both absolutely elite amongst AFL footballers when it comes to endurance running. They are both far and away Hawthorn's best runners. This is not always reflected by the possession count. Most endurance running in AFL matches goes unrewarded. Neither player spends much time accumulating possessions in the handball chains at the clearances or off waxing possessions off half back. Their job is to stretch the opposition by sprinting forwards when Hawthorn gains possession and sprinting hard back on defence when the opposition gets the ball.

Mitchell, Hodge and Goddard usually get a lot of possessions, but none of them are great endurance runners. They're okay, but a long way from elite as runners. They position themselves in the thick of the action. Their teammates also look for them because they make good decisions and their team's best at distributing the ball.
I do that when somebody does. Why don't you take your own advice?

I feel dumber for having read 20 pages or so of this thread.

More whining than a weekend holiday in the Barossa Valley.

Some of the worst trolls this side of Lord of the Rings

You wonder why some folks even bother to watch Friday Night Footy if it causes them so much angst

There is your delusion underlined right there.

2012. Sydney by 37 in Tassie. Hawthorn by 10 in Sydney.

Sydney by 10 in the Grandfinal.

Played 3 times won 2 and won the most important when the stakes were at their highest and pressure at the max.

Pinched:rolleyes: Give us a spell ! Superior side:rolleyes: seek counselling.
You are well and truly in the minority on your last point. As Adam Goodes has pointed out Sydney played to their absolute peak in the GF and still needed a couple of freakish goals to get over the line against a side that blew it chances. Hawthorn were a superior side in 2012 and have been since.

If Bellchambers and Ryder arrived at Hawthorn tomorrow, McEvoy and Hale would be at Box Hill and then out the door come trade time for "better opportunities".

Dempsey and Winderlich, if fully fit (big if) would be best 22 at any club. They're seriously, seriously good players. If any Hawks want to name their absolute best 22, if be happy to give them the players they'd replace.

Melksham would battle at Hawthorn, would be a fringe player.

Ryder got creamed by McEvoy. Why would we take him? Bellchambers is probably an upgrade to Hale but I think Hale is much closer to his level than you give him credit for. Hale steps up in finals, Bellchambers is still a unknown entity. Maybe BC could play as a permanent forward (I feel he's the most dangerous up forward).

I have time for Dempsey but who would he replace whilst still maintaining balance in the side? I could probably fit him on the bench but he wouldn't be in my starting 18. Winderlich wouldn't start a game with our plentiful medium/small forward options. Handy depth though.

Melksham wouldn't be anywhere near our 22. Maybe 25-30.

Ryder got creamed by McEvoy. Why would we take him? Bellchambers is probably a marginal upgrade to Hale but I think Hale is much closer to his level than you give him credit for. Hale steps up in finals, Bellchambers is still a unknown entity.

I have time for Dempsey but who would he replace whilst still maintaining balance in the side? I could probably fit him on the bench but he wouldn't be in my starting 18. Winderlich wouldn't get a game with our plentiful medium/small forward options.

Melksham wouldn't be anywhere near our 22. Maybe 25-30.
Like Paddy has done in every other time they've played? Bellchambers is currently better than both your ruckmen.

He's a very handy HFF, would easily get in ahead of Puopolo and Simpkin, but would be in your bottom 6. Winderlich also would get in ahead of Puopolo.

Eh, he'd be fringe 22, I'd take him ahead of (again) Puopolo and Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back