Preview Changes & pre-match discussion vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No structual damage. No risk of further damage. Thats what the docs said during the dogs game. Ziebell then when on to play the game out. So is there something there not saying?.

Dissapointed he is not playing, big game and we could really do with him out there, question is now should he just walk straight back in next week?. Wasnt exactly in ripping form before being withdrawn.

Hope Currie plays well and clunks some marks.
As Nahas really didn't do anything wrong.

Maybe they are hoping with two ruckman we can work over Grundy.

Why would the club disclose the extent of JZ's injury when every opposition club listening in. As much as I'd like to know what is actually wrong with JZ, I can understand the club's reluctance to reveal it fully. I would say he has some very deep bruising or he stretched a ligament or two, nothing serious but with the way JZ plays maybe the club is protecting JZ from himself.

Who knows, all I know is that we've beaten Port and Swans without him so if there is a little doubt, why risk him.

By the way, I'm glad Currie is playing, I reckon he's in for a good game. I can see him kicking 3-4 with the focus on Petrie, Black and LT. I'm tipping it.

Sent from my waffle machine using Tapatalk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Scott's giving the midfield combination every chance to prove themselves, before bringing JZ back into the fold because they are yet to mess things up.

I am liking the idea of using JZ up forward as well.

I'm happy to back the best sports physio in the land to clear whether Ziebell is right to play or not. Obviously frustrating I'd rather pick those at (closer to) 100%.

Interestingly, Ziebell and Swallow (if I recall correctly) were our best players in our last two games against the Pies respectively. Midfield will have to step up.

Also Jacobs should play a full game this week otherwise his match fitness will suffer. Don't know who we'd put as sub though, McKenzie?

It's the club's right to do so. No one on here had prepared for Currie coming back for this one, let's hope the Pies didn't either.

I actually expected Currie to come back if its not wet. Nahas was good in Sydney, but Brad loves his structures and seemed pretty happy with what the Dogs and Power games brought us. But while this was the change I was expecting, I personally would have hoped for JZ in of course, and preferred to see Wood rather than Currie. Still if Currie does actually clunk those marks that he was apparently grabbing from everywhere in the preseason, I will happily eat my words. Question is, does Maxwell go to Currie?

Hi guys,

if you are willing to venture into enemy territory, my weekly match preview is now up on the collingwood website.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-04-17/easter-saturdays-ultimate-preview

A few of you may already be familiar with my work as I have been doing these for about 5 years. They are as unbiased as possible taking into account that they are written for the collingwood website.

This should be a crackign game and was a really fun one to preview.

Regards
Thanks.
Good Read.

2013: "why do you match committee insist on picking underdone or out of form players?"
3owo8e.jpg

2014: "why wouldn't you pick Ziebell? He must be at least 80% fit"

Sorry for being negative as I hate being that about North, but * me how does Currie get a game? He is nowhere near AFL standard. I hope I'm sensationally wrong but Jesus (tis the season) if he actively inadvertently sabotages us like he did against Port Adelaide I'll be going hard at Brad Scott. I'm expecting Goldy to suffer as a result of this as well. I'm flat.

2013: "why do you match committee insist on picking underdone or out of form players?"
3owo8e.jpg

2014: "why wouldn't you pick Ziebell? He must be at least 80% fit"
I think the issue is being told one thing and then the opposite being the actual case come team announcement time. (that said, he was a 50/50 as stated by Mr. Scott.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back