Preview Changes & pre-match discussion vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes especially when I work tomorrow

link_seek.jpg

I just hope the club isn't working on the 'we're winning so why change' it formula.
scared what will happen against collingwood's midfield without swallow and ziebell.
we won't keep winning with inside 50 discrepancies like we have. to be a dominant and successful side we need to be able to dictate and dominate the midfield which we really haven't done yet.

Noticed Robin Nahas has been dropped. I liked him at the Tigers though he went missing at times. I thought last week against Sydney he looked lively and made a contribution. He also looks a bit stronger in body this season, been on the weights. Do you guys think he is a good out?

Noticed Robin Nahas has been dropped. I liked him at the Tigers though he went missing at times. I thought last week against Sydney he looked lively and made a contribution. He also looks a bit stronger in body this season, been on the weights. Do you guys think he is a good out?

Bad out, IMO.

I just hope the club isn't working on the 'we're winning so why change' it formula.
scared what will happen against collingwood's midfield without swallow and ziebell.
we won't keep winning with inside 50 discrepancies like we have. to be a dominant and successful side we need to be able to dictate and dominate the midfield which we really haven't done yet.

Didnt look too shabby vs Sydneys vanilla midfield last week

Not that worried about the 6 day break. Despite some poster asking why we don't run a million 200m sprints like the Power does, I think our fitness is now elite enough to keep backing up.

Loved reading about Basti saying at Utah while they thought they couldn't go anymore, the coaches kept yelling at them 'This is the 4th quarter'.

Yeah I agree. He looked hungry and willing last week. Shame not to give him more for his effort. He can be very useful.

Very unlucky. Was good in the preseason too despite others being picked for round 1 who did less.

I didn't watch the game but from good posters thought he had intensity and defensive pressure in addition to his possies, which goes out the window when we play Currie who either marks or usually doesn't and can be exploited the other way. He needs to start taking his opportunities in the air to justify his selection.

Did Nahas fall out with the coach with you guys, or just no spot for him? (and it looks like Tigers could do with a small forward) Maybe just lost form as he was pretty good a few years ago but unsighted for a while.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for being negative as I hate being that about North, but **** me how does Currie get a game? He is nowhere near AFL standard. I hope I'm sensationally wrong but Jesus (tis the season) if he actively inadvertently sabotages us like he did against Port Adelaide I'll be going hard at Brad Scott. I'm expecting Goldy to suffer as a result of this as well. I'm flat.

I think he's been quite impressive in the ruck actually. He's clearly a square peg in a round hole up forward though.

He is getting a bit of the ball but decision making and execution isn't great.

I think he's been quite impressive in the ruck actually. He's clearly a square peg in a round hole up forward though.
The benefits of him in the ruck over the Dish is not worth the total lack of pressure he provides in the forward line when the ball hits the deck, his unsure hands and the negative impact on Goldy's game a second main ruckman provides. Furthermore, we need Drew in that relief ruckman role as it gets him in the action when he's not seeing the ball, crucial for a captain.

But man I'm barracking for him tomorrow. I hope he gives me a big FU and clunks some grabs deep in the fifty. I just don't want him running around like a headless chook and drawing another man to the contest when Drew or Blacky compete in the air.

Prove me wrong Dan (please, please)

I like curries ruck work and skills, seems to me he is a bit slow around the ground, but I'm sure if he was slotting atleast one or two goals we would all be singing a different tune. Don't worry guys I'm sure brad will throw an unexpected curveball to the final team as per usual

Currie and Nahas could work well together.

If Nahas plays front and square of Currie he will have a field day- guess boomer could do this.

Feel boomer will have a big bearing on this game in space. Cant see anyone other than Toovey who could go with him and he is most likely to be used on LT.

Their rebound must be stopped and Pendles/ Beams as well

Very unlucky. Was good in the preseason too despite others being picked for round 1 who did less.

I didn't watch the game but from good posters thought he had intensity and defensive pressure in addition to his possies, which goes out the window when we play Currie who either marks or usually doesn't and can be exploited the other way. He needs to start taking his opportunities in the air to justify his selection.

Did Nahas fall out with the coach with you guys, or just no spot for him? (and it looks like Tigers could do with a small forward) Maybe just lost form as he was pretty good a few years ago but unsighted for a while.

When he is on he is tenacious defensively as a forward. Chases and brings good pressure.

I noticed early last year he just didn't look interested and appeared a bit lazy. He hardly got a look in after that as Jake King and Shane Edwards were preferred and did quite well. Whether his attitude was something to do with a falling out at the club i have no idea.

Think he is a good pick up for North and suits the team. Hope he goes well with you guys. Looks like he is being used as a gap filler but perhaps there won't be any permanent role for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back