Preview Round 6 Changes and Pre-Match Discussion Vs Essendon (MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a quick look over on the Essendon board, they are talking like they have already lost, god they are a miserable lot :p

Off the top of my head I believe he's their leading goalkicker so I think they might stick with him. No small defender out for Dempsey just says to me that it's one of the defenders already in the line up if the move is made.

Just my take though and at the end of the day the decision should have no bearing on the match at all.
I also don't know, and can't be bothered checking, but I would have guessed Chappy would be their leading goal kicker.

Loving the fact that we've gone in unchanged for consecutive weeks. Anyone know how long it's been since that's happened? I'm assuming 2011/12. Great to see Buckley and Co are making everyone earn their spot! Players can't be picked on reputation. Not sure why people want Dwyer/Adams in the team at the expense of Langdon, it would completely upset the balance of the team. Yes I know other players such as Goldsack can play Langdons role, however Buckley has players playing specific roles right now. Langdon won't be having a rest until Sinclair and Willams are ready. Plus this will be great experience for the kid.

Loving the fact that we've gone in unchanged for consecutive weeks. Anyone know how long it's been since that's happened? I'm assuming 2011/12. Great to see Buckley and Co are making everyone earn their spot! Players can't be picked on reputation. Not sure why people want Dwyer/Adams in the team at the expense of Langdon, it would completely upset the balance of the team. Yes I know other players such as Goldsack can play Langdons role, however Buckley has players playing specific roles right now. Langdon won't be having a rest until Sinclair and Willams are ready. Plus this will be great experience for the kid.
Langdon has been calm, collected and commanding and plays his role like he was born for it. Doesn't deserve to be dropped until either he gets too tired as a first year player, or Marley/Seeds/Sincs wrestles it from him.

Chapman 9 goals
Hardingham 9 goals

Happy days :thumbsu:

Elliott 13 goals :)

I remember we were unchanged for consecutive weeks late 2013, but at that time it was the first for a few years i think

I remember we were unchanged for consecutive weeks late 2013, but at that time it was the first for a few years i think
Yeah but that was probably because we had no fit players remaining to come back into the side.:drunk:

Been a long time since we've had 39 fit players on our list. (22 seniors and 17 listed players in the VFL apparently).

is Langdon the likely sub?
If you are asking from a supercoach POV then YES.

If you are asking from a team logical point of view then no.

Just had a quick look over on the Essendon board, they are talking like they have already lost, god they are a miserable lot :p
Yeah they are all doom and gloom over there...they are saying if Caff does a job on Watson they are F@#K all chance of winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez the fear and hatred for Macaffer is rather humorous these days amongst oppo fans.

No change is fine with me. I imagine Langdon will start sub.

Yep, the way in which one particular Essendon poster has run through him this week in their pre-match thread has been odd. Fair enough if you don't rate him as a footballer, but you can't ignore the success he has had in his role.

For instance as a footballer, IMO, Leigh Brown was a scrub, however he was successful in a role that defined his career. There is just no denying it! Talking Caff down means nothing when the success he's having is staring you in the face.

I don't rate Goldsack, but we're the number one pressure side in the league this year and while Goldsack continues to contribute to that in a large way he'll remain in the 21.
Did you get a stat from somewhere or just guessing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back