The Vent Thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you ******* kidding me? So not only does throwing a decent chunk of change at player sponsorship not get me a sub to the site, but now I can't use TT without paying for a sub.. When I bought this app at the outset because it was advertised through BF...

Greedy campaigners

Basically the TT addon was causing general problems so it got disabled, and then has been re-enabled on a trial basis. The membership angle is to throttle usage.

The infrastructure is solid, but it's not a simple case of the app using far more CPU per user than the web site*. It is a case of certain queries it runs can lock entire tables on the database. The site doesn't need to be busy for this to happen. It really is a case of the bigger you are, the harder you fall. Unfortunately it's not that uncommon for bugs in add-ons to cause big systems like ours major issues which would not be noticed at all in most run-of-the-mill systems.

* As it is Tapatalk has always consumed about 5 to 10 times more cpu per user than people using the web version

Basically the TT addon was causing general problems so it got disabled, and then has been re-enabled on a trial basis. The membership angle is to throttle usage.

Throttled to the haves & have nots more like. I have increasingly given more & got less from this site. Absolute disgrace that will stick because those that can afford it & want their convenience back will crack. Meanwhile the least able get ****ed.

We are s**t. Am I doing this right?

Almost, but you forgot to add that Leppitsch has very little idea about team selection and that the A.F.L. are screwing us.

Last edited:

One real vent I had today which was noticeable to a lot of Lions fans around me at the game was how soft we are with so many players scared to put their head over the ball or actually be physical, but they would rather sit back and stand off the contest being pedestrians..

Yep i was at hte game to D12 and i came on here to write a similiar thing, but more in the line of missed tackles and getting brushed of the ball so easily. Most of these are they young guys and not physically developed enough yet, but i would like to see Mayes and Paps made to work on this in the off season.

Oh and being there live, so many times we went for a short option that was turned over (se bewick in the last muinute in the ifrst quarter, when he had a man on the wing on his on and did not kick, cost us a goal).

I would like some more brains in our side on the field, infact i would be applying some mathematical formula and methodology on IQ / decision making / skill level , putting an overall figure on it for the team and chosing accordingly. The team for each game needs to be above that number, how that is made up is depended on personal available.

Tapatalk sucks anyway.

Posted on my iPhone using Safari like a boss.

It has its flaws, yet other apps like forum runner aren't even given a look in. The user cp stuff is horrid in safari. Just another "for only the cost of a cup of coffee a week" grab.

Tuppertalk nevuhh woks fir mee propper an iz totull shizen!!!

Pissted an moi ould crappi Nawkia uzink lef handed Eguptian braille,:drunk:

And it's still more readable than some of the drivel posted by people using computers with proper keyboards.

How does the nomination process work for the NAB rising star? How could Diz possibly miss out this week? Even if it is based on a form basis, for a first year key position play, he has done absolutely awesome!!!

How does the nomination process work for the NAB rising star? How could Diz possibly miss out this week? Even if it is based on a form basis, for a first year key position play, he has done absolutely awesome!!!

Menzel has been really good this year so I think they've just decided to reward him. There's probably a few occasions where he could have got one but didn't. He's Carlton's leading goalkicker this season.

Good thing for Gardiner (and Paparone!) is they'd have to be bloody close now, just have to put their hand up once more.

As for the nomination process I'm fairly sure it's whoever they feel like with no explanation given. They do take past form into account though.

e: for a vent 7 asterix MRP and 7 asterix Rising Star panel :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Menzel's nine kick and two goal performance against the hapless Saints is worthy of a Rising Star nomination compared to Gardiner's stellar display...right...and to top it off, Rockliff suspended for a love tap whilst Chapman is allowed to throw punches at an opponents heads.

I'm not sure the AFL couldn't have taken a bigger crap on the Lions than they did today.

You can't say some club's are not favoured than others in the AFL landscape...the game and administration really is becoming farcical, particularly when you follow a club such as ours.

I just can't ******* believe MRP lotto has done it to Rockliff again. Like the round 1 soft as hell debacle wasn't enough.

On AFL 360 tonight they were basically all calling out how soft the Goddard suspension was (led by Mark Robinson) - it was very similar to what Rocky did in round 1. However it was twice as bad as what Rocky has now been booked for (don't think AFL 360 dealt with Rocky's suspension at all from what I saw unfortunately).

* me - the line between insufficient force and a level 1 charge is now verging on being utterly corrupt. Players the AFL want to see keep playing like Ablett and Franklin routinely get let off for these minor hits, and many more each week don't even get looked at (I think it was Paul Roos on 360 tonight who said something about the Goddard incident - that there was so many of those each week that the inconsistency of just plucking out one is just ridiculous - he didn't use those exact words, but that is what he meant).

Yet when it is someone the AFL don't mind having in the gun - e.g. Rockliff - he gets sighted for some incredibly soft bullshit that was in a clearance situation and would only be a 50/50 chance of even being a free kick.

* me, what has this ******* game come to?

For the good of the game and the sanity of all Lions fans, the Club has to stand up for Rocky this time and challenge this ridiculousness. Grow some balls for once and speak out about this bullshit like other Clubs do. He won't get another week if we challenge - it is a ******* line in the sand - this bullshit stops here.

If the MRP bleeds, we can kill it!!!

(How about that for a Vent?)

(By the way, see video of the incident via the following link http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-07/match-review-panel-findings )

I just can't ******* believe MRP lotto has done it to Rockliff again. Like the round 1 soft as hell debacle wasn't enough.

**** me, what has this ******* game come to?

I agree totally. We have to challenge the stupidity, even if just to have the media replay the incident a bazillion times tomorrow so that more people get to ask 'he got cited for that bullcarp?'

If we lose - and we probably will - then we lose a key cog for the Eagles and Suns games, both winnable by my reckoning. But hopefully we win some respect within our diminishing supporter base for kicking it to the pr*cks who don't care about what happens North of Uluru (unless it happens to Gaz or Buddy). Get a higher pick and keep our head high.

If we win, then we might as well have our best crack at the next three weeks and see if we can end up with 6 or 7 wins - and also our dignity.

We lose, we win. We win, we win. The only way we outright lose is if we keep bending over and taking this.

This takes me back to the ridiculous Charman "on balance of probability" striking charge he got done with ages ago. Unless there's some vision we haven't seen I haven't seen anything that actually shows him striking. Mother-******* ridiculous.

Didn't someone get done for striking Selwood (Joel) based on some grainy, long distance vision, where all you could see was Joel double over?

What is truly incredible, is the inconsistency as others have mentioned. Based on the incidents booked on any given week, you could find several more from the same week and at the same time, you could get half of them off based on the ones they have ruled as okay. Maybe they have a quota, or respond to emails of complaint. Surely they don't watch every minute of every game. Maybe they're instructed "Find me a high bump, a jumper punch, a rib tickler and bonus points for a chinese burn". Once they find the items on their scavenger hunt list, they can knock off for the day.

Bit off topic, but on the Petrie/Lake thing, am I the only one who thinks Petrie goes for the face/gouge before Lake grabs his throat? I watched it a couple of times and there are 2 goes at his face. Maybe that is why he decided all of a sudden that he was "okay with it".

Bit off topic, but on the Petrie/Lake thing, am I the only one who thinks Petrie goes for the face/gouge before Lake grabs his throat? I watched it a couple of times and there are 2 goes at his face. Maybe that is why he decided all of a sudden that he was "okay with it".

I don't know if you're ever been in a wrestle like that, but you've got very little leverage to get someone off you. The face is one of the few points you can target and raising our hands around our head is instinctively the first thing you do especially when someone's got you in a headlock.

Not condoning eye-gouging for a second, but Petrie had just been bodyslammed, put in a headlock and was having pressure applied to a chest that would've had a bit of air knocked out of it. In that situation like that your focus is fully on that moment. It's fight or flight stuff. Where you are, what sport you're playing all leaves you and you just want the guy off you. You can actually see about 5 seconds later when he's being choked it seems to come back to him where he is and he throws his arms back in a sign of non-involvement.

Fair enough, just seemed he went for the face before Lake goes to the throat. Considering the defense of Petrie has been that he was being choked, I found it interesting.
On 360 last night it was mentioned that Petrie's charge was before the choke and basically Robbo apologised for his initial reaction in the Hun. There was close up footage showing scratch marks on Lake's face prior to him choking Petrie. Photos in today's Hun (i haven't looked yet)

Fair enough, just seemed he went for the face before Lake goes to the throat. Considering the defense of Petrie has been that he was being choked, I found it interesting.

Oh yeah, I think Lake's reaction was, in part at least, caused by Petrie's reaction. But in Petrie's case I'd be going for the "but he started it Mum" defence. As for Lake's he's a w***er so I've got no time for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back