Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Andrew Swallow going to massively improve our midfield enough to justify trading Kennedy?

Are North desperate enough for a key forward to trade their captain?

Good questions but I am throwing up a typical example of the aggressiveness we need to take a step towards fixing our midfield.
Instead of the "she'll be right just go with the norm and don't take any risks attitude"
We will find ourselves in exactly the same position this time next year and still be arguing about how our players are too good to trade away but we still cant win games. :drunk:

I don't rate his butcherness so to me we kill 2 birds with one stone.

Swallows kicking skills aren't that great either.

Add to it he's 28 next season, and still not at his best since his Achilles injury and we would be fools to get him in for that price.

Good questions but I am throwing up a typical example of the aggressiveness we need to take a step towards fixing our midfield.
Instead of the "she'll be right just go with the norm and don't take any risks attitude"
We will find ourselves in exactly the same position this time next year and still be arguing about how our players are too good to trade away but we still cant win games. :drunk:

In the examples you've thrown up so far, aggressiveness is only going to help us if it involves taking people by the throat and squeezing until they agree to sign trade papers.

There's being aggressive and there's being ridiculous.

The last I heard was that the contract should be wrapped up in a fortnight, then in the presser he says hopefully he stays with us and we will find out before the end of the year, but hey I hope your right mate I can be a glass half empty type of guy at times !

I'm not too confident Lycett will resign with the wce .probably goneski .

In the examples you've thrown up so far, aggressiveness is only going to help us if it involves taking people by the throat and squeezing until they agree to sign trade papers.

There's being aggressive and there's being ridiculous.
Oh well. Fair enough. Status quo it is then.
Looks like we better get used to the bottom rungs of the ladder.

Oh well. Fair enough. Status quo it is then.
Looks like we better get used to the bottom rungs of the ladder.

Because the only two options are outlandishly ridiculous trades or status quo.

Seems like our recruiting department thinks the same - maybe they cannot/wont back themselves in to identify those gems in the 20s. FWIW this line of thinking is, in my opinion, why we are so (dare I say it) vanilla and why the likes of Smith, McInnes, McGinnity, Sinclair, Wilson, to name a few, remain on our list.
It's not about that, its about this...
Our recruiting and development really needs an overhaul.
So until that happens, we are much better off with what we have than dud picks in the 20's.

Putting contracted players up for trade can be risky. They can't be traded unless they agree and it can piss them off, think Bradshaw at Brisbane - refused to be traded then went to Sydney the following year in the PSD

Question for Smotie - how often do you see big name, top of the line contracted midfielders being traded? Serious question.
I can think of a few uncontracted top midfielders being traded. Can't think of any contracted but like I said, I have thrown up 2 players we could look at targeting. Are they possible? Who knows but my point is if we keep the same s**t we get the same smell.
Status quo isn't going to fix anything.

It's not about that, its about this...

So until that happens, we are much better off with what we have than dud picks in the 20's.
You can't think of any undud picks in the 20's?
Darling is a dud?

I can think of a few uncontracted top midfielders being traded. Can't think of any contracted but like I said, I have thrown up 2 players we could look at targeting. Ate they possible? Who knows but my point is if we keep the same s**t we get the same smell.
Stasis quo isn't going to fix anything.
So you come up with zero names, but then continue on with your two names. That's all well and good, I can do the same thing. However don't go insinuating other people want the status quo when, in reality, we're just being realistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't think of any undud picks in the 20's?
Darling is a dud?
Oh you give me one name? Thanks. I'll give you one back - Weedon. If this game goes much further, I guarantee I will name more average players than you do top-liners.

I think there will be some surprises at the end of the year. I don't think Simpson will be sitting around with the same players and not changing anything. He will be more savage with our list than people think I reckon.

So you come up with zero names, but then continue on with your two names. That's all well and good, I can do the same thing. However don't go insinuating other people want the status quo when, in reality, we're just being realistic.

I never questioned whether our midfield is a problem. I understand that it absolutely is. However what would moving on Priddis/Masten/Selwood achieve? Lucky enough to get a second rounder? I think I'd rather the status quo than taking a chance on a random pick in the mid 20's.

You said you wanted the status quo.

Your point is?

You have already admitted you would prefer the safe route.

His point is, you've suggested two trades that just will not happen.

When some of us point out that those two trades you've suggested will not happen, rather than come up with some other, possibly more realistic trade to support your point, you just assert that we're happy to see the side sit at the bottom.

I'd love to see us get an A-grade midfielder in. I just can't see how it will happen in this draft/trade period unless we jag one with our top pick, or Waterman turns into one. There's no current players available as far as I can see. If you can show me otherwise, please do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back