Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be happy to get one of Petracca ,Brayshaw ,Laverde ,Pickett or Tom Lamb a tall fwd /mid type at 193 cm

Laverde is the type of player we are missing. Pickett too but they may feel they have the forward pocket covered with Karpany and possibly Newman. Hopefully we can pick up Jarrod Garlett in the 2nd round.

Hi Guys,

Hypothetically would you guys consider this trade:

Ben Stratton, Luke Lowden and our 1st Round Pick this year for

Luke Schuey and a 3rd or 4th rounder

Just putting it out there and letting a debate take its course

Waterman didnt get an invite to the Draft Combine so people are thinking that he might not cost us our second rounder.

For what it's worth, the D&T board is in the middle of its usual trial run of the phantom draft and the rules are that players can be taken by anyone regardless of academy/father-sons etc. Waterman went at pick 34.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys,

Hypothetically would you guys consider this trade:

Ben Stratton, Luke Lowden and our 1st Round Pick this year for

Luke Schuey and a 3rd or 4th rounder

Just putting it out there and letting a debate take its course

No. We desperately need mids, we're not going to trade one, potentially our best mid, for a backup ruck and a medium defender both of which we have in spades.

For what it's worth, the D&T board is in the middle of its usual trial run of the phantom draft and the rules are that players can be taken by anyone regardless of academy/father-sons etc. Waterman went at pick 34.
I was just checking that out, coincidence?

Interesting - that would be our mean our third wouldnt it?

I was just checking that out, coincidence?

Interesting - that would be our mean our third wouldnt it?

Yeah pretty much. Our second pick should be mid-late 20s, if no club was prepared to bid a pick before that then we'll get him in the third :)

Cheif needs to add a fingers-crossed smiley.

No. We desperately need mids, we're not going to trade one, potentially our best mid, for a backup ruck and a medium defender both of which we have in spades.

Theoretically that 1st round pick could be a Dunstan (St Kilda) type player as well as getting Stratton who could be a general down back for you and Lowden to back up Nick Nat next year. The 4th round pick in the deal will more likely be a bust anyway so we get Schuey. That's 3 player s to 1.

In that instance would you consider that deal for either Gaff or Masten then...

Yeah pretty much. Our second pick should be mid-late 20s, if no club was prepared to bid a pick before that then we'll get him in the third :)

Cheif needs to add a fingers-crossed smiley.
Haha yeah that would be especially needed on the D&T board. Ive noticed people murmuring about taking B.Abbott in the 2/3rd round of the ND, what do you think? I would have though a player like him would be a RD first rounder.

I wouldnt mind Jack Cripps as ruck/fwd depth and long term prospect material. If we can lure Patrick Cripps back from Carlton we'll have a Crippocalypse on our hands.

Last edited:
From Knightmare on the D&T Board - "Ahern probably isn't a first rounder but second round onwards he's someone I like and after pick 25 or so he could be considered. "

Ahern is so damn clean and smooth. Just oozes class. Would love him in our team.

Dream Draft

1st Pick - Laverde/Pickett
2nd Pick - Ahern
3rd Pick - Waterman

Instant Midfield.

From Knightmare on the D&T Board - "Ahern probably isn't a first rounder but second round onwards he's someone I like and after pick 25 or so he could be considered. "

Ahern is so damn clean and smooth. Just oozes class. Would love him in our team.

Dream Draft

2nd Pick - Ahern
3rd Pick - Waterman

Instant Midfield.
That would go a long way to solving our midfield depth problem. It will still take a season or two for those guys to come on - but it would make me more optimistic for the future. We'd still have 3-4 picks left to use, who else would you take?

Theoretically that 1st round pick could be a Dunstan (St Kilda) type player as well as getting Stratton who could be a general down back for you and Lowden to back up Nick Nat next year. The 4th round pick in the deal will more likely be a bust anyway so we get Schuey. That's 3 player s to 1.

We have Lycett (subject to re-signing) and Sinclair to back up Naitanui. And we have Hurn and Ellis as generals down back. We need mids, good quality mids.

Your first rounder is basically the only thing of value (to us) you've put up in that trade, and I don't think it'd be enough to get Shuey or Gaff off us. Maybe Masten but I have my doubts about that as well.

Dream Draft

2nd Pick - Ahern
3rd Pick - Waterman

Instant Midfield.

swannies took him with our first rounder. Petracca, Brayshaw, Laverde and Pickett were all gone :(

What about Brennnan, Smith, McGinnity and Wilson for your Hill.

That's 4 players for 1!!!

I know what you're thinking. We must have gone crazy. Well we have. At CRAAAAZY VOZZO's potato emporium we're overstocked and they've all got to go. Get in whilst stocks last.

There is no way that trade would ever get done for gaff or shuey. we'd be trading one of our only decent mids for a medium backman (i do rate stratts but we are good in that area) and a back up ruck who will likely not get a game for us next year as he'd definitely be behind nic nat and lycett and even perhaps sinclair in our ruck order. The first round pick is very speculative given it would be around 16-19 or so depending on compos and hawks position, so i don't see much value in us trading a known quantity for a speculative pick.

That'd be like us asking for one of your young mids like isaac smith or brad hill in return for callum sinclair, schofield and pick 18. I'm not sure that you guys would be too keen on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back