Roast 2014 Comical commentary thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it with Bruce McEvaney that in every game preview he rushes through his sentences and never actually finishes them... it's like he's so in awe of the others around him (although we are talking Lethal and the Duck) that he feels he doesn't deserve that much air time around them? Here's a thought - stfu then, or speak less. Not that hard...

uh... Dermie... they're not really dogs. They don't have heads. That would be gross.

(4th quarter of the Adelaide v West Coast game, when Eddie Betts tried to keep it in bounds but was called out and the boys in the booth were debating how close the call was.)

He almost knocked the head off somebody's hotdog in the stand, he was that far out.

Did anyone catch his one today,
5 or so mins left in the first and suckling gets pinged for holding it

"The umpires have been really consistent about that early on, it's good to see"
It was the first holding the ball call or the game, so I guess they were right, 100% consistency

What did flog Barrett do this time?

@Robbo_heraldsun: not a bad round.Time for #thetackle.. likes/dislikes. best 25 make the column. expecting 50 to mention Barrett! But do try to stick to footy

The entire commentary from start to finish today must go close to being the most comical all year.

I'd prefer to listen to Harley than Tim Watson and McVeigh.

What did flog Barrett do this time?

@Robbo_heraldsun: not a bad round.Time for #thetackle.. likes/dislikes. best 25 make the column. expecting 50 to mention Barrett! But do try to stick to footy
Read the latest sliding doors article (sic) on the AFL website - especially the Essendon part and you'll understand.

The entire commentary from start to finish today must go close to being the most comical all year.

I'd prefer to listen to Harley than Tim Watson and McVeigh.
Gold Coast game in Tassy (funny that actually) was probably the worst for mine.

Yeah, MMM! Everything's a Carlton Draft, McDonald's or Harvey Norman stat. Can't stand the way they pretend like they've been eating whatever special burger is on the market that weekend. :rolleyes:
Or ABC with that Irish guy commentating. Seriously sounds weird having an Irish guy commentating.
I see you've had 277 Carlton Draughts on BigFooty so why don't you pick up the new McDonalds McFeast on the way home. I know Barry Denner normally picks up 2 on the way home. Fantastic stuff!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And please [smack], please tell me [smack] that they aren't grooming Luke [lip smack] Darcy to be the next generation of [smack] play-by-play commentators [smack].

I sure picked the wrong game to debut my new higher fidelity headphones.

Yeah, MMM! Everything's a Carlton Draft, McDonald's or Harvey Norman stat. Can't stand the way they pretend like they've been eating whatever special burger is on the market that weekend. :rolleyes:
Or ABC with that Irish guy commentating. Seriously sounds weird having an Irish guy commentating.
That's what it is like on all the American broadcasts

That's how they make their money as they don't have the luxury of selling set advertising time
It is how it should be here on tv, as it'd force the commentators to comment on the game

Maybe just because it was Bruce , but I thought "Two cousins going hard at each other" came out like a sexual double entendre.

Also, do they call him "Macca" as some sort of effort to make him seem more blokey?

Maybe just because it was Bruce , but I thought "Two cousins going hard at each other" came out like a sexual double entendre.

Also, do they call him "Macca" as some sort of effort to make him seem more blokey?
In today's climate, Taswegian's could probably sue the commentator for a comment like that, Couldn't they?

Watson - Dahlhaus got a too high free kick on Spangher in a marking contest near the goals. 'Good play by Dahlhaus, he didn't have a realistic chance at getting the ball just attacked the contest' Aaah, if you are in a marking contest and it is not realistic isn't a free for interference?

Darcy - Roughead (Dogs one) knocks the ball out of bounds in front of Puopolo. 'No doubt about what he was trying to do but a call by the umpire'. If there is no doubt why no free?

Of all the dickhead commentators on air, the most intelligent remarks on TV, come from Big Barry Hall. Now that is a worry.

Was in the same frame of mind yesterday. Of all the commentators, he's the one who seems to be the most professional. Strange, really.

And please [smack], please tell me [smack] that they aren't grooming Luke [lip smack] Darcy to be the next generation of [smack] play-by-play commentators [smack].

I sure picked the wrong game to debut my new higher fidelity headphones.
You should have got a bablefish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back