Time to start trading with West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

wc need big bodied mids & could surely do with a stopper.
how about Menegola for their 3rd round pick?

We've already got Selwood who is an accomplished stopper and Hutchings has stepped up in recent weeks and done very well. Can't see any interest in Menegola who has never shown any ability to play at AFL level, let alone stopping the games best players. He's an athlete, not a footballer, and we've got enough of those kind.

I would have done Thommy Shero for McGovern before he showed some talent.. that wouldn't get it done now.
Maybe MDB (sorry LY bud!) or even Neale tbh.

Lets not forget that McGovern should be playing for us F/S!

It may be my mental illness whispering in my head and i EXPECT a red card (sorry Seppo) but rather than trading, we could just combine the teams

West Coast and All of the Middle Bit to the Border Including Perth and Freo Sharks
Coach: rtb
Assistants: stone, summa, that guy with the glasses and Simpson
Mascot: a big shark

FF BALLAS KENNEDY WALTERS
HF LECRAS DARLING NICNAT
CE HILL BARLOW ROSA
HB JOHNSON MACKENZIE IBBO
FB DUFFIELD DAWSON HURN
RR SANDI FYFE MUNDY
BENCH GU NEALE PLODDIS MORABITO

RET. PAV MCPHARLIN COX

DEPTH SPURR SCHOFIELD MCMANUS + others

Would win 5 in a row
Would lose our souls
After the initial mass suicides, the remaining wa fans would all be friends
The government would stop following me

It may be my mental illness whispering in my head and i EXPECT a red card (sorry Seppo) but rather than trading, we could just combine the teams

West Coast and All of the Middle Bit to the Border Including Perth and Freo Sharks
Coach: rtb
Assistants: stone, summa, that guy with the glasses and Simpson
Mascot: a big shark

FF BALLAS KENNEDY WALTERS
HF LECRAS DARLING NICNAT
CE HILL BARLOW ROSA
HB JOHNSON MACKENZIE IBBO
FB DUFFIELD DAWSON HURN
RR SANDI FYFE MUNDY
BENCH GU NEALE PLODDIS MORABITO

RET. PAV MCPHARLIN COX

DEPTH SPURR SCHOFIELD MCMANUS + others

Would win 5 in a row
Would lose our souls
After the initial mass suicides, the remaining wa fans would all be friends
The government would stop following me

McManus?

My combined Freo/WC team:

B: Spurr, McKenzie, MJ
HB: Sutty, McPharlin, Duff
C: Hill, Barlow, Pearce
HF: Walters, Pav, Fyfe
FF: Ballas, Kennedy, Mayne
Foll: Sandi, Mundy, Crowley

Bench: Neale, Mz, Ibbo, Clarke

Last edited:
Much as it pains me to say , MDB would be an excellent fit at WC . He would bring leadership, determination and toughness to them. Currently He seems to be on the fringe with us and it will be hard to see where He will fit in going froward.

With Yeo/Rosa/Selwood all returning next year, Sheed getting another pre season under his belt and Waterman and a top 10 pick added to our list I can't see where MDB would fit into our team. He definitely doesn't lack determination/toughness, however we need foot skills and pace, which he does lack. Could probably mentor Wellingham/Masten over the preseason I guess.

I would hate to see a Freo player doing well over there. If we're desperate for a trade (and I don't think either club are) then draft picks only. And even this seems too scary for me to contemplate.

My combined Freo/WC team:

B: Spurr, McKenzie, MJ
HB: Sutty, McPharlin, Duff
C: Hill, Barlow, Pearce
HF: Walters, Pav, Mayne
FF: Ballas, Kennedy, Clarke
Foll: Sandi, Fyfe, Mundy, Crowley

Bench: Neale, Mz, Ibbo, Suban,

Can't see any team beating that... seeing as we have an extra player on the field and all ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read in the West today that Scott Lycett has received a lot of interest, but no one was interested in that timid little mouse - Andrew Gaff.

The Eagles are now about to sign Lycett on a 3 year deal, meanwhile they are now stuck with Andrew Guff.

Yeah, WC don't need DeBoer or Neale or even Barlow really.
They need Hill or Fyfe and they aint getting them.

Exactly, same goes for our talls. If we traded an A grade tall for one of your A grade mids it would just be robbing Peter to pay Paul for both teams. Neither of us have A grade mids/talls rotting away in the WAFL.

Although I'd happily take Neale/Barlow, but they wouldn't solve our problems.

I read in the West today that Scott Lycett has received a lot of interest, but no one was interested in that timid little mouse - Andrew Gaff.

The Eagles are now about to sign Lycett on a 3 year deal, meanwhile they are now stuck with Andrew Guff.
30 and 3 on sat, spewing we are stuck with him.

Walters for Gov? Small for a tall suits both teams needs

IMO Sonny is almost top 5 for importance to our side and I'm not just saying that because he's my buddy. Gun small forward that can rotate capably through the midfield. Where would you say McGovern sits in your best 22?

Walters for Gov? Small for a tall suits both teams needs

giphy.gif

Na

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back