2nds The Adelaide Crows Reserves - sponsored by Bendigo Bank

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really - struggled in last game & imo Lyons is more afl ready.

Bob will get another chance in time.

Sorry, I disagree with you on this one, Matty has the 'mongrel' factor in spades, something I am yet to see at all from Lyons and although Matt is not quick.....Lyons is dead set slow. Late in the game in the forward pocket Lyons had a scoring opportunity or at least a chance to set one up when he was leading a Tigers player by 3 or 4 metres and fair dinkum the Tiger player made the ground up in 4 or 5 strides.....Lyons for his size and build is just so slow and it definitely brings his defensive pressure into question for that reason!!

We saw last night what Lyons level is, a solid but unspectacular player whose glaring lack of pace is an issue. He needs time to settle but he is not going to add much to our lineup IMO.

We saw last night what Lyons level is, a solid but unspectacular player whose glaring lack of pace is an issue. He needs time to settle but he is not going to add much to our lineup IMO.

Trade bait in my opinion.

Lyons to Melbourne

pick 35 or thereabouts to GWS

Jonathan Giles to the Crows

He's also not coming because he wants to play AFL every week and will only go somewhere he can, which was the point of Mattrox's comment

how ironic - he isn't playing AFL today and hasn't played since round 10 and isn't injured.

But him fitting a need and him coming are 2 different things. He would have come when he was uncontracted if he was going to.

however, at that time he was playing for GWS on a regular basis. He has not played AFL since round 10 this year.

That isn't happening anymore with Mumford, Boyd, Patton and Cameron over taking him and delegating him to the magoos.

I imagine the GWS would be looking at removing a number of existing contracts and we could pick him up at a cheap rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like?

We need a ruckman - who can we get?

He fits a need.

We only need a backup or a replacement for Jenkins... depends on how they want to go.

I'd rather just use a low draft pick.

Our early draft picks and trades need to net a lot more pressing needs, outside midfielder/good ball movers/ 3rd tall/ 2nd tall (depends on Hartigan)

I've seen a couple of games and haven't seen Osbourne contest a bounce in the middle at all. Doesn't even seem to ruck that much in the forward line as usually Gus or Smack are resting down there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back