Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do we really need a player like Yarran? He is a medium-Tall forward when we need some small forwards.

He's tallish but is a quality ground level player, better than Hill.

I want forwards with strong contested games, which someone like Yarran doesn't have.

He's tallish but is a quality ground level player, better than Hill.

I want forwards with strong contested games, which someone like Yarran doesn't have.

No tank to play as an outside midfielder? Like the other Hill's? Actually, our Hill looked ok playing further up the ground the last few weeks.

I agree, worth a rookie list spot. Would turn him into a forward though, like they did with Nicoski. Has a big engine and good agility - just lacks skills - but up forward it doesn't matter so much.
Why get Lucas and play him up forward when we could, I dunno, just draft or trade for a forward?

What has Lucas ever shown to suggest that he would be an effective forward at AFL level?

And it is odd you compare him to Nicoski, who was highly skilled.

Why get Lucas and play him up forward when we could, I dunno, just draft or trade for a forward?

What has Lucas ever shown to suggest that he would be an effective forward at AFL level?

And it is odd you compare him to Nicoski, who was highly skilled.

LOL, no he wasn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Repeating it doesn't make it anymore accurate. Why do you think he was moved to the forward line? Because his kicking in defense kept turning into opposition goals.
Was moved to the forward line due to his injuries, I thought that was clear.

He was injured his entire career. He wasn't move their because he suddenly got injured. Its because his skills were ordinary.
Honestly bewildered that anybody would describe Nicoski as 'unskilled'. His kicking skills and clean hands (especially in 2011) were up there with the main features of his game.

Honestly bewildered that anybody would describe Nicoski as 'unskilled'. His kicking skills and clean hands (especially in 2011) were up there with the main features of his game.

Nah he was a terrible kick. Not many of our players from that era actually had good skills - but it wasn't needed like it is today.

Ever kicked 41 in a season?

LOL all your doing is proving my point. Nicoski's career looked finished at 70-80 games. He couldn't play defense anymore, he was too much of a liability with his kicking. Moving to the forward line saved his career. I can tell you are a young person because all you remember is his last year (2011).

LOL all your doing is proving my point. Nicoski's career looked finished at 70-80 games. He couldn't play defense anymore, he was too much of a liability with his kicking. Moving to the forward line saved his career. I can tell you are a young person because all you remember is his last year (2011).
He moved to the forward line due to injuries primarily, as I have already said. It's like a freakin' roundabout. :rolleyes:

He moved to the forward line due to injuries primarily, as I have already said. It's like a freakin' roundabout. :rolleyes:

Why would he need to change positions due to injuries? Even if that were true, playing in defense is a lot safer than playing in the forward line - see Mitch Brown. You have no idea what you are talking about. How you even became a mod is a mystery to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back