Preview AFL Round 22 - Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG, 7:40PM Saturday 23 August

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Marngrook last night - Stokes ( i know he plays for Geelong) but jeez hes a coccky little smart aarse - and ive found out the ridiculous reason why he wears his socks down - its an Aboriginal tradition - what a load of feucken nonsense

He actually queried Paddy Ryder ( nice bloke- spoke very well) for playing with his socks up

Geez,take a chill pill and relax.
Don't take everything so seriously.

Watched Marngrook last night - Stokes ( i know he plays for Geelong) but jeez hes a coccky little smart aarse - and ive found out the ridiculous reason why he wears his socks down - its an Aboriginal tradition - what a load of feucken nonsense

He actually queried Paddy Ryder ( nice bloke- spoke very well) for playing with his socks up

Varcoe's last two yrs reminds me of Alan didaks last 2. You can dress it up all you like but he is irrelevant now.

Friend , be careful. Be very careful. Not only could Varcoe make you eat your words , if you post assertive stuff like that here you are going to create a stir and we will have to act.

You mean 100 points in front of whatever the Hawks kick?

There is a stat , top the head . They have lost every game when the other side made it 100 points.

I asked what we have to do to kick a 100. After thinking about it , I think we need to kick straight for a change. Has there been a game this year where we have no wasted 5-7 shots?

There is a stat , top the head . They have lost every game when the other side made it 100 points.

I asked what we have to do to kick a 100. After thinking about it , I think we need to kick straight for a change. Has there been a game this year where we have no wasted 5-7 shots?
I'd be happy finishing 1 point in front at the final siren. We are probably going to miss shots, but if we can get enough shots we should get 100+. Hawk needs to have good delivery and Bartel, Selwood, Motlop et al need to have their kicking boots on. No SJ or GHS doesn't help but still many options.

I'd be happy finishing 1 point in front at the final siren. We are probably going to miss shots, but if we can get enough shots we should get 100+. Hawk needs to have good delivery and Bartel, Selwood, Motlop et al need to have their kicking boots on. No SJ or GHS doesn't help but still many options.
Yes miss shots but we must be closer to 15 10 , than 12 12 or 10 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Varcoe's last two yrs reminds me of Alan didaks last 2. You can dress it up all you like but he is irrelevant now.
Dude how would you like it if they posted something like that on our board? Have some respect.

BTW guys I'm sure we are on the same page if I say I hope it's a cracking game, close result and no injuries.

The day looks like it will be a fine one , and tonight will follow that. The cold may not be totally gone but its warming. So Im thinking that this may well be a good chance for TV to play himself into some form. One can only hope so ,cause at his age he should be playing his best footy. The style of footy now probably doesn't really suit him , but Hawks are a side that will back themselves more than some. This is one team he should play well against , perhaps even must play well against.

The day looks like it will be a fine one , and tonight will follow that. The cold may not be totally gone but its warming. So Im thinking that this may well be a good chance for TV to play himself into some form. One can only so , at his age he should be playing his best footy. The style of footy probably doesn't really suit him , but Hawks are a side that will back themselves more than some. This is one team he should play well against.
Great opportunity for him tonight. Effort must equal output.

If the Hawks can't bring the 'white line fever' out of him, I'm not sure anything will.

I will be most interested in who is sub. I hope it is Thurlow and Hartman gets to play pretty much a full game. We need more midfield grunt with GHS and SJ out and Hartman fits the bill better than Thurlow is this regard.

Perhaps Hartman is a good emergency for the finals if we have any injuries or suspensions. I would like to see him play next week if SJ or GHS is not fit for the last H&A game. Needs as much exposure as possible. Then again so do Thurlow and Bews.

It is one of our biggest issues right now - if we have injuries or suspensions in the finals the guys coming in do not have enough senior games under the belts to expect them to perform well. Would have liked Bews, Thurlow and Hartman, who seem to be the most likely of the new generation of Cats to come into the side, really needed to have had 15 or so senior games by now. Sure not a lot but better than the few they have now.

I will be a bit more excited if Hartman comes in and get 20 possies, half a dozen tackles and quite a few pressure acts. Has a bit of leg speed about him and that is something we can use to beat the Hawks today. For me he has come from no where - where I expected Thurlow and Bews to make it from the footage and reports I had seen.

Schoenmakers is playing in the vfl (along with mcevoy) so unfortunately for us he wont be playing tonight.

As far as hartman goes he is odds on to be the sub.

Apparently they're running trains to werribee, and then busses to southern cross... Could work going to the game, but can't imagine 5,000 poeple or however many catch the train to the football finding their way to southern cross after the game, getting on a bus to werribee, then getting on a train smoothly...

Apparently they're running trains to werribee, and then busses to southern cross... Could work going to the game, but can't imagine 5,000 poeple or however many catch the train to the football finding their way to southern cross after the game, getting on a bus to werribee, then getting on a train smoothly...
It will be a cluster *. Just drive IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back