Preview AFL Round 22 - Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG, 7:40PM Saturday 23 August

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No chance without Hawkins.
Very remote chance with him if he is fit.
Hawks all year seem to me the team to beat, along with Swans- can't see much that has changed in that assessment.
But as we know, strange things happen when Cats and Hawks get together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time Geelong had 4 indigenous players in the same team ?
This will be the first time Varcoe,Stokes,Motlop,Bundy & Hartman will have played an AFL H&A game together.

Edit : forgot Trav.He's just so quiet you don't notice him ;)

Good point. My Cats memory goes back to mid 90's territory and the only other indigenous players I remember playing for us at all are Ronnie Burns and Justin Murphy. Djerrkura too but he hardly played. There's probably some more I'm forgetting.

No chance without Hawkins.
Very remote chance with him if he is fit.
Hawks all year seem to me the team to beat, along with Swans- can't see much that has changed in that assessment.
But as we know, strange things happen when Cats and Hawks get together.
The fact they have lost 5 games hasn't changed that assessment? They looked very ordinary last week.

Justin Murphy didn't really play for us…..

One of the worst recruiting efforts in history.
I don't think Milburn flattening SOS and then clapping the crowd (I was an 11y.o in the crowd, my father told me to take my cats jumper off as I had #39 on the back), whilst Murphy was on the bench was good, absolutely ensured that Murphy left the club, although he hadn't done much for us during that year.

I don't think Milburn flattening SOS and then clapping the crowd (I was an 11y.o in the crowd, my father told me to take my cats jumper off as I had #39 on the back), whilst Murphy was on the bench was good, absolutely ensured that Murphy left the club, although he hadn't done much for us during that year.

Murphy having a go at Milburn in public should have been told to collect his gear, p off and get changed in the carpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back