Preview AFL Round 22 - Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG, 7:40PM Saturday 23 August

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is for tomorrow, and from here on. The other clubs know what we know. If the other clubs get a chance , Hmac and Blitz will be given no cruise ride. They can hurt us , if we are down to only 1 ruck.

That's where someone like Walker could come in handy. While he's obviously not like Cox or Sandilands in the ruck, you know he'll at least try to provide a contest around the ground and could be useful as a pinch-hitter in the ruck to give either McIntosh or Blicavs a chop out should the other ruckman get injured.

Ceglar's form in the VFL has been very good. From the eight games he's played in the VFL this year; averaging 18 disposals, 5 marks, 34 hitouts and 1 goals per game. He was our in-form ruckman before being dropped. His follow up work as well as his second/third efforts are quite good for someone of that size.

I reckon Will Langford will be given the tagging role on Selwood. It won't be an easy task but it will be a good learning experience playing on a player like Selwood who I reckon is the second best midfield behind Ablett. On paper the midfield dual looks like a 50/50 split.

The game could come down to the two teams ruck brigade and who can have a bigger impact. Earlier in the year McInosh was clearly the best big man on the ground and dominated in the ruck.

Between you and Minerboy I'm all confused.

You guys are contributing way too much sensible stuff here......you guys sure you're Hawks supporters? :D

You're allowed to recognise when Varcoe does something well. If Varcoe doesn't take his man the other way Thurlow gets smashed as soon as he gets the ball. Same with Caddy holding the handball to draw a man. Thurlow's calmness was quality as well. It was excellent teamwork between the 3 of them to set Thurlow away with time and space so he could settle and take a shot from 50 under relatively little pressure despite the Blues having a lot of numbers around there. Both Varcoe and Caddy were classic examples of creating space for a teammate and Thurlow was able to use that space to ultimate effect.

Played a bit of footy did you?

Now you're just messing with my mind! :p

tumblr_mm681qNocA1qfrw7to1_400.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His first involvement in the game was winning a crucial one on one against Yarran (from memory) and then getting a clean possession to start an attack. Given the nature of the game in the second half, I don't think any goal that was kicked by Geelong can be dismissed and that one was a ripper. Could have (and definitely should have) had another to seal the game - though in that situation, a point was nearly as good: we just needed something out of the game to stay more than a game ahead of the Dockers. He made things happen and definitely deserves his spot this week. I wouldn't be banking on him playing in finals though.

Not dismissing his goal….it was good….just trying to cool expectations on the lad….he has a long way to go.

As I said, I like the kid, and he shows a bit, but there's a lot of hype surrounding his performance on Friday last week, that I thought was a little over the top.

And we all know what happens around here when a player fails to meet lofty expectations!

I think we both agree that 2015 may see a lot more of JT at AFL level.

Whatever happened to Daniel Currie from North. He looked like a player a year or so ago, and he seems to have completely disappeared from the scene.

Tho he does appear on my bench in Fantasy!! ( Grrrr )

My question is for tomorrow, and from here on. The other clubs know what we know. If the other clubs get a chance , Hmac and Blitz will be given no cruise ride. They can hurt us , if we are down to only 1 ruck.
I think most clubs are in the same position (at least the ones in the finals). Maybe Hawthorn have the luxury of three ruck men that can capably fill that role in the seniors, not sure anyone else does. And I think the Swans are now down to one (I could be wrong though).

Lang is the non-playing AFL emergency - both Brown & Bews in the final VFL team for tonight. Interesting to see that it is Lang (last in) who is the one sitting out.

Not dismissing his goal….it was good….just trying to cool expectations on the lad….he has a long way to go.

As I said, I like the kid, and he shows a bit, but there's a lot of hype surrounding his performance on Friday last week, that I thought was a little over the top.

And we all know what happens around here when a player fails to meet lofty expectations!

I think we both agree that 2015 may see a lot more of JT at AFL level.

He does indeed have some way to go DTC, and I agree we'll see more of him in 2015, but I thought he showed exceptional composure last Friday night, especially after being introduced when the game was at its tightest.

It was the composure that excited me, not the stats.

Lang is the non-playing AFL emergency - both Brown & Bews in the final VFL team for tonight. Interesting to see that it is Lang (last in) who is the one sitting out.

Brown and Bews need big games to get back in the 1's. Both could potentially play a role come finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back