Preview AFL Round 22 - Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG, 7:40PM Saturday 23 August

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken in good humour but ...... I wonder how it would be taken if we posted the same on your board.

I wish you no luck , but no bad either. Have a good , no injury game and get set W1 of the finals.

Depends if you mean by moderators or regular posters. Our mods are harsh on trolling but very accommodating to opposition posters who post with respect. I'd like to think my post was taken for what is was (as you say, a little humour).

As for some of our regs, we have a number who get way out of line as soon as any oppo supporter steps in, no matter what they post. I think most clubs do. It does get tiring. Always found your board one of the best to post on as an opposition supporter and also in terms of quality of discussion. :thumbsu:

No luck to you too - good or bad.

Depends if you mean by moderators or regular posters. Our mods are harsh on trolling but very accommodating to opposition posters who post with respect. I'd like to think my post was taken for what is was (as you say, a little humour).

As for some of our regs, we have a number who get way out of line as soon as any oppo supporter steps in, no matter what they post. I think most clubs do. It does get tiring. Always found your board one of the best to post on as an opposition supporter and also in terms of quality of discussion. :thumbsu:

As I said. There has been much debate over us being to lenient while our guys have been banned for trivial stuff. Don't mention softdrinks over on the Swans board at all. I much prefer to have contributions from other in here , just have to stay on the correct side of the line ( as you have)

Luck , you don't need it. We will be going all out to win without you guys having luck as well.

Tell me is Ceglar really playing that well? And who takes Selwood?

You guys are acting like they've continually dropped Bews for players like Hunt.
They haven't. Geelong has pretty much played the entire year with the back 6 they will tomorrow night.

Again, I fail to see how he has been harshly treated.
I actually think they've handled him pretty well. In the games he's played they've given him way more game time than I would have expected.

It's all semantics.

In my mind, there's a difference between being 'harshly treated' and 'harshly dropped'.

He hasn't been harshly treated. He's been given some games in the seniors (probably without 'banging the door down') and has done well enough when elevated.

For me, he has been 'harshly dropped' in the sense that his performances in all his games have been more than passable. He hasn't played a single game where he hasn't adequately fulfilled his role.

But that's not to say his omission hasn't been understandable on each occasion, given the player/s returning and their respectives role/s in the team.

Perhaps the best summation of my viewpoint would be 'harshly (yet understandably) dropped'.

Which gives due regard to his more than satisfactory performances at the top level yet acknowledges where he sits in the current pecking order at the club.

He's done well. And he's going to remain on the cusp of really cementing a spot for a little while yet.

As I said. There has been much debate over us being to lenient while our guys have been banned for trivial stuff. Don't mention softdrinks over on the Swans board at all. I much prefer to have contributions from other in here , just have to stay on the correct side of the line ( as you have)

Luck , you don't need it. We will be going all out to win without you guys having luck as well.

Ceglar's form in the VFL has been very good. From the eight games he's played in the VFL this year; averaging 18 disposals, 5 marks, 34 hitouts and 1 goals per game. He was our in-form ruckman before being dropped. His follow up work as well as his second/third efforts are quite good for someone of that size.

I reckon Will Langford will be given the tagging role on Selwood. It won't be an easy task but it will be a good learning experience playing on a player like Selwood who I reckon is the second best midfield behind Ablett. On paper the midfield dual looks like a 50/50 split.

The game could come down to the two teams ruck brigade and who can have a bigger impact. Earlier in the year McInosh was clearly the best big man on the ground and dominated in the ruck.

Ceglar's form in the VFL has been very good. From the eight game he's played currently averaging 18 disposals, 5 marks, 34 hitouts and 1 goals a game. He was our in-form ruckman before being dropped. His follow up is good for someone of that size.

I reckon Will Langford will be given the tagging role on Selwood. Won't be easy but I will be a good learning experience playing on a player like Selwood who I reckon is the second best midfield behind Ablett. I reckon on paper the midfield dual looks like a 50/50 split.

The game could come down to the two teams ruck brigade and who can have a bigger impact. Earlier in the year McInosh was clearly the best big man on the ground.
Saw Will giving his pooch a run in a local park recently. Surprised how tall he is.

I think at this stage the match committee would have no concerns at all throwing Bews into a finals side if the match ups necessitated it. His non-selection this week says nothing more than they want to have another look at Thurlow who has had very good VFL form to underpin an encouraging sub performance last week.
Maybe, just maybe, the MC know that there is another late change/changes planned.

Hi guys,

Spoke to my friend from the club today, said a few interesting things I thought I would share.

1. They are a massive wrap for blicavs, they are most impressed with his athleticism and ability to work defensively especially late in games, expect him to keep getting better and better.

2. Hawkins is fine, was no issue last week and there is no problem going forward with him, just had a crap game

3. The club is most worried about playing Fremantle in the finals, thinks they are starting to come good at the right time, they are a little worried with what they saw at skilled stadium against them.

4. Dawson Simpson unlikely to play again this season, that his back has gone again

Last edited:

Ceglar has been a great pick up by the Hawkers. Have seen him a couple of times in the VFL and on TV in the ones a few times. Quickish for a tall, agile and good below his knees. Can mark too. He has made the Spudavoy deal look superfluous to me. The dinosoaur has been dropped for being dare I say it ... a dinosaour. Under rate Ceglar at our peril.

We need to find our Ceglar this trade season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

Spoke to my friend from the club today, said a few interesting things I thought I would share.

1. They are a massive wrap for blicavs, they are most impressed with his athleticism and ability to work defensively especially late in games, expect him to keep getting better and better.

2. Hawkins is fine, was no issue last week and there is no problem going forward with him, just had a crap game

3. The club is most worried about playing Fremantle in the finals, thinks they are starting to come good at the right time, they are a little worried with what they saw at skilled stadium against them.

4. Dawson Simpson won't play again this season, that his back has gone again

Given Hamish's advancing years, item 4 sounds like very unwelcome news for 2015 and beyond.:(

Saw Will giving his pooch a run in a local park recently. Surprised how tall he is.

Last week I "watched" a pretty thing sashay out of the local supermarket and then realised I was being followed by her big husband... Juddy is also surprisingly tall in the flesh.

Def need to poach a ruck. Whats GWS and GC got?

Maybe Lowden from Hawks.

What's Fitzpatrick from the Dees like in the ruck? He seems pretty mobile for a guy 200cm, but I don't think I've ever seen him in the ruck.

He's playing well enough without ever being an aspiring Dean Cox. Deserves his spot IMO - whether that bodes well for us a team or not is another debate. Hale has put in some putrid efforts recently and is lucky to be getting a game. I'm not talking poor games due to bad form but seriously piss weak efforts. I like him and he's been serviceable for us in the past few finals series so I guess the selectors are holding out hope he can produce his better stuff soon but while there's not much difference in form, I think he's extremely lucky to hold his spot ahead of McEvoy for the reasons regarding his efforts I just mentioned.

With SJ out it would seem Langford walks straight to him (Selwood) without much thought but Shiels is a decent option too and it may even be a worthwhile way of getting Sewell to get back in the swing by following Selwood around. You know he'll be in the vicinity of the ball a fair bit at least.

Def need to poach a ruck. Whats GWS and GC got?

Maybe Lowden from Hawks.

My question is for tomorrow, and from here on. The other clubs know what we know. If the other clubs get a chance , Hmac and Blitz will be given no cruise ride. They can hurt us , if we are down to only 1 ruck.

Goddamit.

Was getting all ready to dislike this just cos it's a Hawk poster, but it's proving kind hard since it's a sensible, rational post....who woulda thought it? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back