Preview Changes v West Coast. Season finale @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to a footy game in any circumstance you are doing the right thing. Don't let the missus tell you otherwise *

*Conditions apply. Does not extend to Melbourne or StKilda fans. Also is not applicable to interstate trips to Adelaide
Missus enjoys the footy even though it's still a bit foreign to her.

So I managed to win the Round 21 HostPlus Facebook comp, and now I have 4 tickets coming my way - any idea where they'll be?

Hi All,

I'm considering flying up for game on Sunday and have a couple of questions.

1. Can tickets be purchased at the gate easily enough ?

2. What sort of car parking is available near the ground ?

Hi All,

I'm considering flying up for game on Sunday and have a couple of questions.

1. Can tickets be purchased at the gate easily enough ?

2. What sort of car parking is available near the ground ?
G'day mate, hope you do end up flying up for the game! It's always great having opposition support on the Coast. There's another thread that I'm going to dig up that has a lot of helpful information about parking and getting to/from the game. I'll edit this post if I find it!

Tickets can definitely be purchased at the ground. Though I usually always buy tickets online beforehand so I can pick my seats, etc, I've had to deal with the ticket office at Metricon a couple of times that they've been very helpful in allocating seats according to your preference (and without the bullshit Ticketmaster fees).

As for car parking, Metricon has got to be the worst stadium in the AFL for car parking. You've got a few options though. There's paid parking within walking distance at various golf clubs, etc, usually for around $20 or so. Otherwise, there's a Park n Ride service that leaves from a huge (free) carpark about 5 mins bus ride from the stadium. You park your car there and a free shuttle bus will take you to and from the match. Otherwise you can park easily around Broadbeach and catch the shuttle in from Victoria Park.

How easy it all is will depend heavily on where you're staying, but I'd personally recommend taking the Park n Ride or simply parking around Broadbeach in the morning, having a coffee and breakfast, maybe a walk around the mall and park, then catching the free shuttle to the match. I always leave from Broadbeach, which is the 'main' method of getting to the match, and there's always dozens of supporters (GC and opposition) walking around the mall - good pre-game atmosphere.

Keep in mind that if you do end up parking at Metricon, driving in general around the stadium on game-day is pretty s**t, so be prepared for traffic!

But yeah, I'll try to locate that thread for you and it'll have all the parking/transport info for ya!

Last edited:
G'day mate, hope you do end up flying up for the game! It's always great having opposition support on the Coast. There's another thread that I'm going to dig up that has a lot of helpful information about parking and getting to/from the game. I'll edit this post if I find it!

Tickets can definitely be purchased at the ground. Though I usually always buy tickets online beforehand so I can pick my seats, etc, I've had to deal with the ticket office at Metricon a couple of times that they've been very helpful in allocating seats according to your preference (and without the bullshit Ticketmaster fees).

As for car parking, Metricon has got to be the worst stadium in the AFL for car parking. You've got a few options though. There's paid parking within walking distance at various golf clubs, etc, usually for around $20 or so. Otherwise, there's a Park n Ride service that leaves from a huge (free) carpark about 5 mins bus ride from the stadium. You park your car there and a free shuttle bus will take you to and from the match. Otherwise you can park easily around Broadbeach and catch the shuttle in from Victoria Park.

How easy it all is will depend heavily on where you're staying, but I'd personally recommend taking the Park n Ride or simply parking around Broadbeach in the morning, having a coffee and breakfast, maybe a walk around the mall and park, then catching the free shuttle to the match. I always leave from Broadbeach, which is the 'main' method of getting to the match, and there's always dozens of supporters (GC and opposition) walking around the mall - good pre-game atmosphere.

Keep in mind that if you do end up parking at Metricon, driving in general around the stadium on game-day is pretty s**t, so be prepared for traffic!

But yeah, I'll try to locate that thread for you and it'll have all the parking/transport info for ya!

Cheers for the info, we've booked flights into Brisbane, and going to hire a car, only doing a day trip, due to unable to get time of work on Monday, and flights from Brisbane work our a bit cheaper, using our velocity points, the total flight cost return is $43 bucks.

I think we'll go the park and ride from Broadbeach, i'll look online tonight and buy tickets, i like the idea of getting the seats i want before the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Suns want to have a guess at your 22 for Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

I forget how many injuries we copped against the Bombers but if the coach wants to play to win it will be as close to unchanged as possible

But we have a history of going in to the final round with a lot of players having sendoff games. So it could be tricky to guess haha.

GOOD NEWS :p

This is an absolute hail mary, but we can still finish 8th

We need:

Hawthorn to beat Collingwood
StKilda to beat Adelaide.
Sydney to beat Richmond by about 65 points*
SUNS to beat West Coast by about 65 points

* Basically with the bottom 2 games we need about 133 points differential to make up percentage. So even if the SUNS win by about 40 and Sydney win by 90 it would do the trick.

I forget how many injuries we copped against the Bombers but if the coach wants to play to win it will be as close to unchanged as possible

But we have a history of going in to the final round with a lot of players having sendoff games. So it could be tricky to guess haha.

Cheers. My crack at the matchups if you play the same 22:

FB Bennell McGovern Brown
FF Matera Day Martin

HB Hurn Mackenzie Butler
HF Rischitelli Lynch Sexton

C Yeo Priddiz Gaff
C Bennell O'Meara Swallow

HF Hill Darling LeCras
HB McKenzie Tape Harbrow

FF Lycett Kennedy Cripps
FB Cameron Thompson Kolodjashnij

R Naitanui Selwood Shuey
R Leslie Prestia Stanley

I Schofield Masten Ellis
I Lemmens Lonergan Shaw
S McGinnity
S Summer

E Cox Sheed Tunbridge

Cheers for the info, we've booked flights into Brisbane, and going to hire a car, only doing a day trip, due to unable to get time of work on Monday, and flights from Brisbane work our a bit cheaper, using our velocity points, the total flight cost return is $43 bucks.

I think we'll go the park and ride from Broadbeach, i'll look online tonight and buy tickets, i like the idea of getting the seats i want before the game.
Couldn't find the post with all the parking info unfortunately, but Broadbeach is definitely the best option imo! Plenty of free parking near the beach and around the surrounding streets, plus it's super easy getting to and from the game. Plenty to do in Broadbeach too.

Also, if you buy a game ticket online beforehand and print it off, you'll get public transport on the coast for free before and after the game. I.e., you could be in Surfers Paradise in the morning, use your ticket to catch the tram down to Broadbeach, go to the game, catch the shuttle bus back to Surfers, chill out in there, then catch a tram/bus back to your car, etc.

Anyway, enjoy the game mate!

Couldn't find the post with all the parking info unfortunately, but Broadbeach is definitely the best option imo! Plenty of free parking near the beach and around the surrounding streets, plus it's super easy getting to and from the game. Plenty to do in Broadbeach too.

Also, if you buy a game ticket online beforehand and print it off, you'll get public transport on the coast for free before and after the game. I.e., you could be in Surfers Paradise in the morning, use your ticket to catch the tram down to Broadbeach, go to the game, catch the shuttle bus back to Surfers, chill out in there, then catch a tram/bus back to your car, etc.

Anyway, enjoy the game mate!

I think I'll be doing the public transport and parking somewhere near to bus it in. My mum reckon it's a real dick parking at the ground.

On the above note, if anyone else wants 4 tickets, they are printed out and ready to swap for a cold beer or sexual favours.

4 x Gold A tickets, second tier on wing. Primo seats
i"ll by you a beer if you hold the target so I can drink mine. if you have 4 spare tix I will take them.....you have my number

Is there a heap of parking there ?
HEAPS OF PARKING NEAR THE ALLSPORTS BAR. 2 minutes walk to the train station. 10 minutes wait to fill the bus ,5mins on the bus 3 minutes to do the ticket and bag check to enter the ground and a 4 min walk to the nthn end for a beer and a tear when you lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back