Preview Preliminary final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, MCG, 20 September 2014 @ 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
15000 Port supporters have tickets....please Melbourne Hawks rock up and drown the feral campaigners out. You have no idea what it will be like for the next 6 months if Port get up

They are expecting 70,000+ at the G. So yes Port will have 15000, but we will have 55,000+ supporters. Im sure we will drown them out. Wont take lond until they are heading back to Adelaide with their tails in between their legs!!

They are expecting 70,000+ at the G. So yes Port will have 15000, but we will have 55,000+ supporters. Im sure we will drown them out. Wont take lond until they are heading back to Adelaide with their tails in between their legs!!

Yeah but how many neutral AFL & MCC members? Either way I hope we are louder than ever and are all over them all game. We need as many Hawks there as possible

Yeah but how many neutral AFL members? Either way I hope we are louder than ever and are all over them all game. We need as many Hawks there as possible

Usually the prelim is all supporters of both clubs. Its not the GF where the 2 clubs competing get absolutely reamed by all the bs neutral AFL/MCC members and all the corporate s**t!

Sorry for the intrusion. I have a query you may be able to help with (not jumping the gun but getting prepared). Based on last two years, do you know if it is possible to upgrade a junior/concession GF ticket on the day to an adult ticket?

I have a Priority 1 family membership (2 adults, 4 junior) but if it's a North/Hawthorn GF I may wish to get more than 2 adult tickets for Hawks-supporting family members. Cheers!

Its not.

That said there is little chance that they'd do a check on you at the gate anyway

Given we've made a measurable improvement to our goal conversion this stat has me excited. If we were to kick 6.2, 7.1 or 8.0 in the first quarter and keep Port to just a couple goals that would go a long way to putting them away early. Port only came back against Freo because they wasted their opportunities and then lost their own belief to keep running when Port got a run on.
Exactly

Not content with completely farking up the price of food, ticket pricing, game scheduling, the MRP and god knows what else this year the AFL wanted one last monumental utensil up. I give you a twilight final.

I cannot go because of the time slot. It is the dumbest time slot imaginable. You cannot do anything in the afternoon due to the early start. It wipes out your night due to the late finish.

It is infuriating. But of course for the AFL it is all about the fans :rolleyes: Piss off it is. Idiots.
For the TV Fans.

"Don't Go Quietly"...

Ticket Sales are tracking very well for this game so the AFL will use it, as it did for the 2012 Preliminary Final against Adelaide, to justify its inclusion in the fixture moving forward.

The AFL want to position 4.45pm to be the new 2.10 Saturday Afternoon slot...

Can someone explain how the times lot is favourable to TV viewers? I for one simply don't understand the logic. I would assume that the majority of the population eat dinner during the 4:30-7:30pm period. I would also assume anyone with a family will be bathing their kids in this timeslot. For me, with a young family the timeslot is an absolute nightmare.

I can only guess that by that time the majority of people are home and the TV is on. Weather or not they are actually watching is another thing.

Yeah but how many neutral AFL & MCC members? Either way I hope we are louder than ever and are all over them all game. We need as many Hawks there as possible

Posted this on the MB

Up until yesterday afternoon ticketek split up supporters according to whether they want to sit in 'HAWKS' or 'PORT' bays. They have since removed this so there is no way of tracking supporter numbers further

I posted this on the Hawks board but during the member allocation period ticketek (about 11am on Monday) appeared to split bays 67-33 between Hawks and Port members:

Hawthorn - M1, M7, M8, M11, M12, M13, M14, M32, M33, M34, M35, M36, M50, M51, M52, M55, M56, M57
Port Adelaide - M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M10, M15, M16, M30, M53

AFL / MCC members take up is 40000 so that's a pretty major component of the ground. The Hawks have about 4000 AFL Members (Gold / Silver) and about 10000 MCC members. Halve that (7000), add visitor passes and you've probably got the turnout of Power and Hawk fans at the game.

So far ticket sales are in the early 60,000's so once MCC walk up is included it should be tracking for low 70,000's with Series Tickets involved

Hawks fans were allocated 67/33 of the General Admission bays during the member only period. They moved around 25000 tickets to Hawks members and 9000 tickets to Power members.

We'll probably have 40000 to 45000 there and Port around 15000 to 20000. The rest will be neutral MCC members and AFL members (although at $150 per ticket we won't be seeing too many neutrals rocking up I fear!).

Hawthorn doesn't have a very big base in the AFL members but we've got a pretty big following amongst the MCC set...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not.

That said there is little chance that they'd do a check on you at the gate anyway
Just on this - has any AFL members out there ever had their tickets/ cards checked?

Just asking outta interest, as my father-in-law has offered me his Full AFL Members card if we make the granny (I'm only a Silver Member), but I said no as I would feel bloody awful if I got sprung with his card and it was confiscated.

Just on this - has any AFL members out there ever had their tickets/ cards checked?

Just asking outta interest, as my father-in-law has offered me his Full AFL Members card if we make the granny (I'm only a Silver Member), but I said no as I would feel bloody awful if I got sprung with his card and it was confiscated.

Never in 15 years. Just show up last moment when it is complete pandemonium. If you show up an hour or so before you are more likely to get checked. I have never been checked but I always show up last minute.

I wouldn't bother the risk mate - IF we make it, both the Swans and North have bugger all AFL members so you should be fine to upgrade your own.

Last edited:
Sorry for the intrusion. I have a query you may be able to help with (not jumping the gun but getting prepared). Based on last two years, do you know if it is possible to upgrade a junior/concession GF ticket on the day to an adult ticket?

I have a Priority 1 family membership (2 adults, 4 junior) but if it's a North/Hawthorn GF I may wish to get more than 2 adult tickets for Hawks-supporting family members. Cheers!

Not sure if your talking an AFL membership or club membership, but......
I had a family membership last year, bought all the kids allotments and mates took them, they had to go to the membership tent or ticketeck tent (, cant remember,) and pay the difference to upgrade to adult, but you can definitely do it.
Why would they turn there back on extra $$$ per ticket?

Never in 15 years. Just show up last moment when it is complete pandemonium. If you show up an hour or so before you are more likely to get checked. I have never been checked but I always show up last minute.
Cheers for the tip. I think I'll probably go chicken and either try and get one using mine, or stay home & watch with my 8-year old son.

It's also my birthday that weekend, so I'm half-planning a GF Birthday party (although, as for the previous 2 years, I'm leaving it til I find out if we've made it before organising - just a little superstition but it's worked so far lol).

I sit in the AFL members, and basically with the exception of the grand final, its always 95% supporters of the clubs playing. I assume MCC would be similar.

I sit in the AFL members, and basically with the exception of the grand final, its always 95% supporters of the clubs playing. I assume MCC would be similar.

I've never understood why you'd go to the GF if you didn't support one of the clubs playing. Much more fun to watch at home with a BBQ and cheap beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back