Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a little concerned Higgins is coming to Carlton. No Syd, I don't think the salary cap situation will support a Higgins type FA coming.
What if we traded off Mitchell for a pick
Retirements of Goodes, Okeefe and Shaw
Malceski could leave
Tommy Walsh, Marsh and Lockyer delisted

Against St. Kilda he had a good game...St Kilda.
Since Ablett has been out his output has been down massively.
Crouch is the better player now and always.
19 year old getting 40 touches against the best team in the comp...compared with prestia getting 31 against St Kilda

And one of them missed the under 23 AA team... would you believe it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And one of them missed the under 23 AA team... would you believe it

Crouch missed much of the year with injury, so thats very understandable.

He had the most votes in our best and fairest for the 2nd half of the season.
He will be better than O'Meara and Wines and Prestia....and thats not bias talking.

I'm a little concerned Higgins is coming to Carlton. No Syd, I don't think the salary cap situation will support a Higgins type FA coming.
Great bloke. Great family. But not a Sydney type I think. Too outside - and if he does try to go inside his body lets him down.....

I was thinking about him a replacement for Malceski

Why would Malceski leave? Swans saw him through a difficult period post his knee reconstruction, and both have reaped the rewards. I assume it's for a larger contract that he probably feels he deserves?

Would he leave on a sour note if it came to be?

And as for Higgins - I think he'd work well at Sydney running off a half-back. Although one of my mates at work is an avid Doggies supporter (the buddy-cash waving fan from a few weeks ago - who was not being racial BTW) believes/heard that Higgins has issues with the coach as he doesn't want to be played off half-back... Make of that what you will.

Why would Malceski leave? Swans saw him through a difficult period post his knee reconstruction, and both have reaped the rewards. I assume it's for a larger contract that he probably feels he deserves?

And as for Higgins - I think he'd work well at Sydney running off a half-back. Although one of my mates at work is an avid Doggies supporter (the buddy-cash waving fan from a few weeks ago - who was not being racial BTW) believes/heard that Higgins has issues with the coach as he doesn't want to be played off half-back... Make of that what you will.

Higgins wants more midfield time apparently - but is behind a long list of better mids or better potential mids - so is unlikely to get his wish.

Why would Mal leave? He hasn't signed for next year

Few scenarios:
Jonathan gilles end up at the dons
Sam Reid to Carlton for jeff garlett, Zack tuohy and pick (first or second round)
Mitch Clark to the hawks psd wouldn't be suprised if Leroy jetta signed aswell.
Jarrod waite joins freo
Shaun Higgins signs with Carlton

Few scenarios:
Sam Reid to Carlton for jeff garlett, Zack tuohy and pick (first or second round)
Jarrod waite joins freo
Mitch Clark is not going to slip to pick 17/18 in the PSD, there are 5-6 clubs that will pick him up before Hawthorn have the chance.

Mitch Clark is not going to slip to pick 17/18 in the PSD, there are 5-6 clubs that will pick him up before Hawthorn have the chance.

I think which ever club he publicly declares he wants to go to he will end up. Maybe wishful thinking that he comes to the hawks though. But would suit our system pretty well, also possibly best chance at success. The only other club I could maybe see him going to is the pies .

Few scenarios:
Jarrod waite joins freo

Sydney get royally bent over! 2 blokes that won't make their 22 for a guy in their 22...sounds fair? What a ridiculous trade. Meh on Giles, solid but I prefer other options. Would rather go after Callum Sinclair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back