Strategy Hypothetical Pick Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For discussion around possible Pick swaps heading into, or during, the draft

What is/ isn't fair, which picks are going to be the hottest property, the players that'll be in every clubs sights on night 2, etc.!

also not sure if Blues are going to take 5 picks at the draft. They have
10, 29, 49, 64, 74

If they are only taking 4, To make it all Kosher with AFL rules, can trade 48 & 63 for 49, 64 & 74

On same note, Saints have 47 & 73 and Hawks can look to trade 48 & 63 for that too. 73 will become around 67 after bids are matched and is only needed for points anyway for Vickery( assuming that is the idea of holding that last pick)

Are these viable on draft night if the players we want aren't there?

Swans 14 and 41 for GWS 19 and 31
and
Swans 17 for Collingwood 25 +27

Swans take 19, 25, 27, 31 to the draft. Depending on who's there and the offer flip one into 2023 on the 2nd day

Are these viable on draft night if the players we want aren't there?

Swans 14 and 41 for GWS 19 and 31
and
Swans 17 for Collingwood 25 +27

Swans take 19, 25, 27, 31 to the draft. Depending on who's there and the offer flip one into 2023 on the 2nd day
If the players aren’t there why would you trade back instead of trade into 2023? You are at a disadvantage unless you are approached for the picks. As hawks I would give you our 2 f2 picks for 14 and 17 and you would likely take it.

If the players aren’t there why would you trade back instead of trade into 2023? You are at a disadvantage unless you are approached for the picks. As hawks I would give you our 2 f2 picks for 14 and 17 and you would likely take it.
Bit under, I would add one of the 30's pick we get from lions in as well to make it balanced.

Don't think any one has the cattle to take both picks together unless it is team with F1's of top teams & package it with f2's

Best option is split them and trade 14 and 17 seperately

Would do F2(WB)+24 for pick 14

below is snapshot of current pick position for 2023

View attachment 1560359

I think it depends. If lets say Essendon or St Kilda back themselves and say "we are going to have a really good year in 2023" they could offer their 2023 first rounder, and Sydney could hope they have a poor year.

I think it depends. If lets say Essendon or St Kilda back themselves and say "we are going to have a really good year in 2023" they could offer their 2023 first rounder, and Sydney could hope they have a poor year.
Essendon won't put our F1 on the table

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is fair. If Essendon thought they would make the top 8 in 2023 it would probably be a good deal for you guys, but if Essendon finish bottom 4 then it would be a terrible deal.
I don't think there's any chance of top 8.

Which is fair. If Essendon thought they would make the top 8 in 2023 it would probably be a good deal for you guys, but if Essendon finish bottom 4 then it would be a terrible deal.
I dont think we are top 8 next year, I can only see us jumping Hawthorn for sure (by their design), and then maybe Adelaide and Gold Coast depending on injuries and how each teams fixture shakes out.

We have gotten even younger again and so it is going to get bumpy.
I can really only see us trading our F2 and 22 to get ahead of a Davey bid at 14 or 17.
Such a deal is unlikely to happen until Sydney know for sure they aren't gonna get a F1, if they are even interested.

Let me put it this way.

14+17 is roughly equivalent to pick 9 or 10 this yr. Ask Saints or Blues if they will trade their picks for that and it is a line-ball.
With next yrs being seen a far better draft, 9 or 10 is equivalent to a pick 13-15 next yr.

So any club missing Top 8 are surely not in the mix. I would say clubs likely to be top 4 are the only ones who would put their F1 up.

So one off Cats, Freo, Lions, Pies, Tigers, Demons( + Sydney). Demons, Pies & cats are the only ones with F1s.

Pies and cats can't trade their F1 without getting back F2/3/4s. Demons are the only who can make a deal if Sydney wants F1

Swans will be looking to land a top 10 pick in 2023 for their 2022 picks. I can't see them taking anything outside of that.
I doubt any of the lower teams will be looking to trade out of next year, but I think you'll probably get F1 offers from Carlton and Melbourne for the picks separately (with back-end swaps smoothing it out).

I doubt any of the lower teams will be looking to trade out of next year, but I think you'll probably get F1 offers from Carlton and Melbourne for the picks separately (with back-end swaps smoothing it out).
Either way will be interesting to see what they get offered vs what they take (if anything)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back