Unofficial Preview 2015 NMFC Fixture Thread (full fixture PG11/post 256)

What should Roos do/request from 2015 fixture?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

7 Saturday night games is pleasing! Three Etihad games against Freo, Port and Sydney are massive pluses.

Not anymore, moved back last year.

I used to grab my tickets roughly 2 weeks out. No idea what the bloke above is on about, I had no issues with viewing the game. Comes down to what you like I guess mate. I enjoyed the hill, sounds like he didn't.

I have stood on the hill twice for our (being NM) games and it was frustrating. Great for you that you didn't have an issue with it, but that doesn't mean everyone else experienced the same.

The stand is by far the better option IMO. For a local game sure, I would probably prefer the space on the hill with mates and a footy etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NMFC.com.au breaks down how the 2015 fixture compares to 2014.

Six-day breaks
2014: 8
2015: 7

With three fewer Friday night games in 2015, less six day breaks were to be expected.

Etihad/MCG split
2014: 11 games at Etihad, 2 at MCG
2015: 11 games at Etihad, 2 at MCG

Interstate trips (excluding Hobart)
2014: 6
2015: 5

Even with an extra game in Hobart for 2015, Victorian fans still see the same total of games as 2014, with one less interstate trip on the agenda.

Promisingly, all five of the interstate trips have a substantial break around them:

- Round 1 at Adelaide Oval is the season opener
- Round 8 at Patersons Stadium is after an eight day break, with another eight day break before Round 9
- Round 12 at Spotless Stadium is after a seven day break, heading into the bye
- Round 14 at Metricon Stadium is after the bye, with a seven day break before Round 15
- Round 17 at the Gabba is after an eight day break, with a seven day break before Round 18

Games against top eight sides from previous year
2014: 9
2015: 11

In Round 3, North will start a six-game stretch where it plays every single 2014 finalist except for Sydney. However with only one of those games an away interstate encounter (Round 8, Fremantle), it’s a big chance to set up the season.

Free-to-air games
2014: 10 (one TBD)
2015: 12 (one TBD)

Timeslots
Friday nights
2014: 5
2015: 2

Saturday afternoon/twilight
2015: 5

Saturday night
2014: 3
2015: 7

Sunday early/afternoon

2014: 3
2015: 6

Sunday twilight/night

2015: 1

The changes in North’s fixture from a timeslot perspective are clear when looking at the above breakdown. The loss of Friday games has seen a heavy increase in Saturday nights, whether home or away.

With only one Sunday twilight game in 2015 and six games either in the early or middle slot, it is a more family friendly day for families making the trip.

Pretty happy with that fixture overall.

Doubleups against the two teams we beat in the finals, plus Brisbane and Richmond.

Piss-easy run home to the finals. A big Melbourne team, an interstate team and a terrible football side at Blundstone.

We have a dream run in the 2nd half of the year

GWS Giants - Spotless Stadium
Gold Coast - Metricon Stadium
Geelong - Etihad
Essendon - Etihad
Brisbane - Gabba
Carlton - Etihad
Melbourne - MCG
St Kilda - Blundstone
Fremantle - Etihad
Western Bulldogs - Etihad
Richmond - Etihad

I count 9+ wins!

Pretty happy with the fixture, though I'm not going to try to predict how many wins we'll get, will have a lot more confidence if the boys hit the ground running and keep the attitude from the finals (first two, not the last one...)

EDIT: Typo

Disappointing to see Boomer's likely 400th in bloody Brisbane. On another note, that's a good looking run home. GWS, Gold Coast, Geelong, Essendon, Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne, St Kilda, Fremantle, Western Bulldogs and then Richmond.

Back