Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bontempelli is going to be a beast after adding 7kg to his frame. Doggies have some good kids but have absolute no outside speed which is something they have been trying to fix for years... Also does anyone think Boyd will be given the "Capper" treatment from his new teammates? I would be personally pissed off if I was a dogs player when a kid comes in and gets 1m a year fr 7 years after a handful of games. Can just see them going for shots at goal 60m out than passing it to Boyd just like Capper when he was a Bears player.

Bontempelli is going to be a beast after adding 7kg to his frame. Doggies have some good kids but have absolute no outside speed which is something they have been trying to fix for years... Also does anyone think Boyd will be given the "Capper" treatment from his new teammates? I would be personally pissed off if I was a dogs player when a kid comes in and gets 1m a year fr 7 years after a handful of games. Can just see them going for shots at goal 60m out than passing it to Boyd just like Capper when he was a Bears player.
Nah - I think your level of thinking might be directly related to your level of football played.

You play as a team to win a flag, play for yourself and you play to get flogged.;)

Nah - I think your level of thinking might be directly related to your level of football played.

You play as a team to win a flag, play for yourself and you play to get flogged.;)
Sorry I don't really understand what you are getting at. The Capper incident was real and had nothing to do with my footy. They loathed him because of his salary, his personality and the fact that he came in straight away and was the number one player that sponsors/fans etc wanted.

Except its capper. Even without the salary most would have hated him. If he does his job and puts in the hard work i dont think anyone will care. He is a big name player and will attract interest and support to the club. As long as he doesnt turn into a spud they will be fine.

Sorry I don't really understand what you are getting at. The Capper incident was real and had nothing to do with my footy. They loathed him because of his salary, his personality and the fact that he came in straight away and was the number one player that sponsors/fans etc wanted.
I disagree with you. Capper had no issues initially but he then began to play poor for long periods and then the grumbles started. When the match committee decided enough was enough the then owner, one Christopher Skase overrode the decision. This sent the worst of possible messages to the players and even lead to the infamous dust up on the training track when Johnny Fidge put Warwick on his behind and paid the penalty.

Capper kicked 2 bags of hundred for the Swans IIRC on one of the smallest grounds in the comp and this tended to suit him as a traditional FF who could mark. Carrara was a different ground altogether. I recall going to watch his first ever game at Carrara with 3 other people all sharing the excitement of such a player turning out for our lowly team. I recall the bemusement at his inability to get low and with that once knocked off the ball his lack of abilty to get back up and chase. I recall we put it down to first game nerves etc but the truth was it was much the same over the next couple of seasons with it being obvious he had lost the other players confidence and then that was shattered by the owner of the club itself by his intervention in supporting a player who should have been dropped.

I have no hesitation in saying that Capper was and still is the most disappointing big name recruit for any team in any sport that I have ever supported.

Last edited:
I have no hesitation in saying that Capper was and still is the most disappointing big name recruit for any team in any sport that I have ever supported.
Twisted stats but true - 3 years at the bears, 34 games [only 10 of them wins], 66 frees against and only 2 tackles in his last year.

Yeah Capper… :rolleyes:

Sounds like Beveridge has been tapped for the Dogs.

Sub editors everywhere frothing with excitement

Don't know what you mean? did pic post - *edit works in preview only?

http://i.imgur.com/6tg8rmV.png

6tg8rmV.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beveridge..well that's interesting.. There have been a lot of folk with 'Ridge' in the surname associated with the Footscray area......I believe one of the founders that went on to take over parts of Werribee was Sue Ridge....

Saints not seeking compensation for losing Beveridge unlike the spoilt brats at Collingwood.

Hah. Goes to show how much I paid attention to the rest of the league this years trade period when I didn't even realise that Jaksch went to Carlton.

Looking at Rob Kerr's draft wrap, in 2012, we were tossing up between him and Mayes for pick 8.

Beveridge..well that's interesting.. There have been a lot of folk with 'Ridge' in the surname associated with the Footscray area......I believe one of the founders that went on to take over parts of Werribee was Sue Ridge....
And since 1954 it's been Heartbreak Ridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back