Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what substances you may be taking down at Collingwood..Or whether Ed has got his own McGuire dictionary going on?... Use what ever synonym you want... an arrangement, an understanding, an obligation, a pact or even a promise....it is still a contract..

A rolling agreement that was relevant and current for the 2014 season.
There was nothing set in place and agreed to for the 2015 football year.
That is why he is completing the draft and is free to go after his 4 week notice is served.
There was no contract.

Collingwood didn't bitch and moan about GC taking Eade.
They were happy to release him and give him his blessing when they were compensated by GC.
When you induce a contracted executive to break his contract there is always costs associated with such a movement.
Right. OK.

So Eddie holding his breath and stamping his feet and refusing to release Eade is not bitching and moaning? Then coming out with

"These clubs ...come out of nowhere and disrupt our football department plans, which were well in place ..."

Then taking Balme even later in the year is not hypocrisy?

Are you about to tell me what is good for Collingwood is good for football?

As much as it pains me to say this

But I agree with Coat. If there was no contract or employment details in place for 2015 and Balme worked on a 1 year basis (End of draft they sit down and discuss whether or not Balme works the next year etc) then it is Apples and Oranges and a completely different kettle of fish.

Eade was in a locked 3 year contract, if Balme had no contract or employment for 2015 then there is no issue and not even in the same ball park as the Eade scenario.

A rolling agreement that was relevant and current for the 2014 season.
There was nothing set in place and agreed to for the 2015 football year.
That is why he is completing the draft and is free to go after his 4 week notice is served.
There was no contract.

That might well be.....But your original comment....was

Blame is on public record that he doesn't believe in contracts.
He never had one at Collingwood.
He also never had one at Geelong.
It's just the way he operates, very old school

He refused to release him until they were monetarily compensated, then bitched about clubs stealing administrators from other clubs. Then goes and does it himself. That is hypocritical and speaking in Collingwood terms, it is black and white.

But this is the thing with Collingwood and McGuire specifically, he threatens to "go to war" with clubs if they approach anybody from the club but has never had a qualm about poaching players/administrators/coaches from other clubs and using their size and clout with the AFL to do so. But Collingwood has got what it wants, Buckley at the helm and the rest of us will sit back and see how that plays out.

He refused to release him until they were monetarily compensated, then bitched about clubs stealing administrators from other clubs. Then goes and does it himself.

He didn't bitch about clubs stealing admins from other clubs.
He bitched about clubs approaching senior staff at points in the planning stage that was too late.
Last year Koch rightfully did the same thing when St. Kilda approached Richardson well after the trade period and he did the same as McGuire.
As I've asked, where exactly is McGuire going to source a replacement for a Eade from?
The Eade case (a contracted senior executive with 2 years to run) and Balme case (an uncontracted employee with no agreement for 2015) is comparing apples with oranges.
Even Brian Cook has said this.

As much as it pains me to say this

But I agree with Coat. If there was no contract or employment details in place for 2015 and Balme worked on a 1 year basis (End of draft they sit down and discuss whether or not Balme works the next year etc) then it is Apples and Oranges and a completely different kettle of fish.

Eade was in a locked 3 year contract, if Balme had no contract or employment for 2015 then there is no issue and not even in the same ball park as the Eade scenario.

I also agree that it's apples and oranges...but Collingwood should return whatever money they received from the Suns as it cost no more than a mobile phone call to get Balme to the Pies.

But, wouldn't hold my breath as the club is run by a racist egomaniac who feels he is above the game itself :thumbsdown:

There is a lot of talk about fruit going on here. Bewdefol.

93263.png

Essendon - what an unmitigated mess of a club at the moment. Now Thompson has gone in a huff and the circus around Hird continues on and on...
How can anybody in that place actually focus on football?

Essendon - what an unmitigated mess of a club at the moment. Now Thompson has gone in a huff and the circus around Hird continues on and on...

Step one.
Ban the players from reading Bigfooty Bay 13.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking up Neil Craig and then losing Bomber was a terrible move in hindsight.

Picking up Neil Craig and then losing Bomber was a terrible move in hindsight.
In hindsight. Madness from the start. Hird should have been given the arse a year ago and Bomber given the keys to Bomberland on a 3 year deal. There was never much made of Melbourne's 'supplements programme', but Craig was up to his eyeballs in misleading or refusing to answer questions asked.
Someone at Essendon has really lost the plot, and even if nothing comes of the ASADA stuff, they have real problems with the choices they make, and will continue to do so.

Losing Thompson? No good. Be a shame if he is lost to the game. Have the Bulldogs got a coach yet? He may be completely sick of the bullshit of the game?

No Bulldogs haven't yet. Was what I was going to say. More than likely will end up there. The coach selection committee would be effing useless if they didn't speak to him.

Story is Craig may be in the running for the job though so will make it interesting. Thompson would love the bulldog list wouldn't he with boyd on it and build it the way he wants?

There may be a bigger underlying reason as to why Bomber is suddenly off tap with all and sundry.
meh, there were always those rumours.

I'm still confused with the seemingly about-face by the bomber board re the suggested hours from a Hird sacking around their B&F time to now? Was it a total people power affront, a board bluff or spineless back-peddle? I still cannot get a read on it?

I'm still confused with the seemingly about-face by the bomber board re the suggested hours from a Hird sacking around their B&F time to now? Was it a total people power affront, a board bluff or spineless back-peddle? I still cannot get a read on it?
I had some sort of privileged info from a very well placed Essendon Godfather and high ranking legal man very early on, when the AFL changed its stance (Vlad) things did a 180 degree turn and suddenly the shutters went up, that group was ushered out and things changed substantially. Fortunately someone has just started connecting up all of the dots, allegiances, relationships, deals and come up with either a very intricate web of potentially explosive developments which could lead to major implications for some pretty big figures or its the greatest conspiracy theory ever presented.

If you go with the former, Bomber is off tap and will not be touched by anyone. Essendon have ushered in a "new group" of Coaches because neither of the old will be left / available / wanted when it is all said and done.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...ran-the-program.1081442/page-20#post-36077322

Jump in about Page 16. FWIW the mail provided corresponds with a lot of what I was told.

I think they wanted to sack him but realised they would be up for a mighty lawsuit if the final straw was Hird exercising his legal right to appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back