Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure they have just turned on Petracca now and are trying to justify why they are going to take McCartin over him. I wouldn't read to much into what they have to say about it, most of them had Petacca as their display pics only a few days ago.

Seems they have jumped off him since the Mccartin going number one rumours have kept going. I'm personally not worried. Had put up some amazing numbers and the rumours are just that.
Some saying Mccartin amd Petracca a line ball decision so maybe they want the key position player and that's understandable.
These "rumours" you speak of were not started by or on our board, they came from the media and came out when the first hints that we were taking McCartin started to come out.

Starting with Sam McClure's revelations on Monday night on 3AW, who were the first to break the news that we were taking Paddy:

Mark Stevens then reiterated this from up on the Gold Coast, a day or two later:

So everyone on our board started digging to find out what they were referring to and it didn't take long to get the answers. Some had been hearing this sort of thing for a good couple of weeks or more, but had preferred to keep it under wraps, as it was looking very likely that we were taking him anyway and there was no need to deflate everyone with that sort of news about someone we were about to draft. So mostly it's been going around in PM's, as no-one wanted to write it in a public forum, but I see someone now has come out and straight out said what they believe the above tweets were referring to, on the latest page of the trade/draft forum on our board.

Last edited:

Even University?
This is an unconfirmed photo of University change rooms

Interior_chinese_lodging_house,_san_francisco.JPG

The mail is very, very strong on that. They're better judges than me obviously but IMO I don't see him (De Goey) as top 10 material.

Well - I say De Goey did very well in the Interviews and Mental Side.

Agree - Strong Mail it’s De Goey at 5 but Don’t Rule out Lacverde or Pickett IF GWS Don’t Pick him at 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These "rumours" you speak of were not started by or on our board, they came from the media and came out when the first hints that we were taking McCartin started to come out.

Starting with Sam McClure's revelations on Monday night on 3AW, who were the first to break the news that we were taking Paddy:

Mark Stevens then reiterated this from up on the Gold Coast, a day or two later:

So everyone on our board started digging to find out what they were referring to and it didn't take long to get the answers. Some had been hearing this sort of thing for a good couple of weeks or more, but had preferred to keep it under wraps, as it was looking very likely that we were taking him anyway and there was no need to deflate everyone with that sort of news about someone we were about to draft. So mostly it's been going around in PM's, as no-one wanted to write it in a public forum, but I see someone now has come out and straight out said what they believe the above tweets were referring to, on the latest page of the trade/draft forum on our board.

I looked and couldn't find what you are referring to.

The AIS fella in the draft telecast hinted that he is a utensil.

What's the real story with Petracca?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back