Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father, bless him, told us from the very beginning of our working careers that if we weren't happy then quit and go find something that does - we spend more time working than anything else in our life and if you aren't happy there, then that starts to impact on every aspect of your life
Excellent post, completely agree with what you were taught.

A lot of people don't seem to enjoy life and it stems from their paranoia about their careers.

Any job you're happy in? As long as you're happy (and not a detriment to those close to you) what really matters?
I am a few beers in, but I read your post as "whatever job you can get, just take it"

Basically CouchPotato summed up my thoughts.

I have done jobs I'm not happy in. But it's always been very temporary, and never persistent.

It's soul crushing seeing people in jobs that they hate and they can't find a way out. It's soul crushing enough for me and I'm not even them. I'm just listening to them, or watching them destroy themselves from a distance. So I can only imagine what it's doing to them.

Well hate to break it to some people, but the world isn't all rainbows, sundaes and puppies. Reality is people have bills and your bills don't give a * whether you're happy, unhappy or otherwise. By all means chase a career and aim high but don't refuse to do it tough in a temporary job just because you see it as beneath you.

Well hate to break it to some people, but the world isn't all rainbows, sundaes and puppies. Reality is people have bills and your bills don't give a * whether you're happy, unhappy or otherwise. By all means chase a career and aim high but don't refuse to do it tough in a temporary job just because you see it as beneath you.

Don't think I said that - done lots of crappy jobs over my lifetime but only until I found another job that I thought I might like. That was the "rule" - you couldn't leave one job till you had another so there was always going to be some crap jobs along the way.

In saying that, it would be a pretty sad state of affairs if you had to stay in a job just to pay the mortgage - you would hope you would be learning a new skill with the view to being able to move on

In saying that, it would be a pretty sad state of affairs if you had to stay in a job just to pay the mortgage - you would hope you would be learning a new skill with the view to being able to move on
It'd be suffocating, particularly if you have those that depend on you for everything they hold dear.

I'm grateful to have a job I love. Can't wait to go every morning.

Anyway - a friend of mine just texted me and told me about a mutual friend of ours who apparently posted a 'selfie' (ugh) of herself at a relative's wake with the coffin in the background. I don't think I've ever been annoyed by something so much (I cringe at the thought of what goofy, wacky cornball hashtag she used).

Yuck.

I'm grateful to have a job I love. Can't wait to go every morning.

Anyway - a friend of mine just texted me and told me about a mutual friend of ours who apparently posted a 'selfie' (ugh) of herself at a relative's wake with the coffin in the background. I don't think I've ever been annoyed by something so much (I cringe at the thought of what goofy, wacky cornball hashtag she used).

Yuck.

that's disgusting. that's whats wrong with this world, people are all about themselves, me me me showing off at all times. no idea what generation it is Y Z or whatever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twits who play thier music through thier speaker on public transport. I dont want to hear whatever crap you like. Buy a pair of earphones and use them

How about work colleagues that sing at their desks? Not just humming to themselves either, singing out aloud (usually in unison with their friend sitting next to them). It's infuriating.

The idiotic use of '-gate' to make some goofy viral moment or 'social media storm' out of a complete non-event like the colour of some broad's dress or fat ass twerking at an award ceremony. Enough already.

I never understood how the -gate suffix came to mean scandal. The Watergate was the name of the hotel McCord and his lads got busted in, it wasn't a scandal about water.

My ex (when we were still dating) saw one of my Nixon books in my bookshelf many years ago and I mentioned how I love reading about Watergate and she literally thought it was a scandal about water prices or a water utility provider. This is someone who once chided me for not knowing what girl group Beyoncé was in.

How about work colleagues that sing at their desks? Not just humming to themselves either, singing out aloud (usually in unison with their friend sitting next to them). It's infuriating.
Thankfuly I don't have that problem. They get drowned out by the various bit of machinery going.

I wish the machinery in my head (grinding gears and blowing gaskets) would drown it out. I sometimes have to put my Beats headphones on.
I've got a turret punch. When that's belting holes in thick steel you can't have a conversation with a person standing next to you.

use of "world record" to describe a record in footy (afl).
Has anybody else got it? Other countries do play footy. Its a world record.

The biger problem is US only leagues that have World Championships/Series.

Has anybody else got it? Other countries do play footy. Its a world record.

The biger problem is US only leagues that have World Championships/Series.

other countries have professional leagues?

which leagues in USA have world series? baseball right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back