The never ending Priddis debate - part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're right. He's probably starting to edge ahead.

How many Brownlows between that lot?

Premierships are a team effort. Priddis has been carrying this team for years.

I will treat your posts as serious and not a troll.

You indicated the term "our best ever" This includes players from the beginning of our club and not only include brownlow as individual awards but number of games played, Premierships, level of performance in games, lifting or rescuing our team in crucial situations (like Embley in the dying stages of the 2006 GF), skill level etc etc.
The players I mentioned and Godfather have done it for our club time and again.

Great players lift team mates to greatness. Cousins and Judd did this many times as did Kemp, Kerr, etc etc. A premiership IS a measure of a great player, not THE only measure but one of many.

Priddis has been one of our best performers for the past seven years but seriously he hasn't been competing against much.
I would venture to say that he wouldn't have got many games in 2007 if Cousins wasn't suspended. He is that far behind Cousins it's not funny across all areas.

So where has Priddis been carrying the team to? You make the statement as if he has carried us to a premiership or continued finals appearances. You forget that during 2011-12 when Embley, Cox, Glass and Kerr were having great years THEY carried us to the finals. Since they have departed Priddis has carried us to 13th and ninth. Not very exciting is it.

And you haven't answered the question...would you put him above ALL those players mentioned? I wouldn't.

If I lined up ALL the players who have played 50 or more games for the Eagles I would pick McGinnity ahead of Priddis. The reason I would is McGinnity has pace and can at least compete in a few positions and not become a witches hat like Priddis.

Other than that you must be smoking some weed to make the comment that he is past Judd and Cousins. Come back when you are sober.

If I lined up ALL the players who have played 50 or more games for the Eagles I would pick McGinnity ahead of Priddis. The reason I would is McGinnity has pace and can at least compete in a few positions and not become a witches hat like Priddis.

Other than that you must be smoking some weed to make the comment that he is past Judd and Cousins. Come back when you are sober.
I think you're the one on the gear, mate. Why limit it to those who have played 50 or more games? By your logic anyone with pace and can play a variety of positions are better than Priddis.

Priddis is best in the midfield, thus he is played in midfield. Sandilands is best in the ruck, thus he is played in the ruck. Why play a guy out of position for the lols?

I think you're the one on the gear, mate. Why limit it to those who have played 50 or more games? By your logic anyone with pace and can play a variety of positions are better than Priddis.

Priddis is best in the midfield, thus he is played in midfield. Sandilands is best in the ruck, thus he is played in the ruck. Why play a guy out of position for the lols?

For the lols? I didn't say that. Doesn't Sandilands play forward sometimes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says he would pick mcginnity ahead of priddis

Complains about others being trolls

Lol
Yep. I'd pick mcginnity over priddis every day of the week.
At least he has pace and can play as a tagger keeping up with his man or play forward or back. Simpson played him forward last year. His tackling pressure harassing 2 and three people constantly was great. And he kicked that goal.
Priddis on the other hand gets treated like a witches hat unless they are standing next to him in congestion and receive the ball.

Yep. I'd pick mcginnity over priddis every day of the week.
At least he has pace and can play as a tagger keeping up with his man or play forward or back. Simpson played him forward last year. His tackling pressure harassing 2 and three people constantly was great. And he kicked that goal.
Priddis on the other hand gets treated like a witches hat unless they are standing next to him in congestion and receive the ball.
Cool. Mcginnity kicked a goal. Give the man the brownlow

I will treat your posts as serious and not a troll.

You indicated the term "our best ever" This includes players from the beginning of our club and not only include brownlow as individual awards but number of games played, Premierships, level of performance in games, lifting or rescuing our team in crucial situations (like Embley in the dying stages of the 2006 GF), skill level etc etc.
The players I mentioned and Godfather have done it for our club time and again.

Great players lift team mates to greatness. Cousins and Judd did this many times as did Kemp, Kerr, etc etc. A premiership IS a measure of a great player, not THE only measure but one of many.

Priddis has been one of our best performers for the past seven years but seriously he hasn't been competing against much.
I would venture to say that he wouldn't have got many games in 2007 if Cousins wasn't suspended. He is that far behind Cousins it's not funny across all areas.

So where has Priddis been carrying the team to? You make the statement as if he has carried us to a premiership or continued finals appearances. You forget that during 2011-12 when Embley, Cox, Glass and Kerr were having great years THEY carried us to the finals. Since they have departed Priddis has carried us to 13th and ninth. Not very exciting is it.

And you haven't answered the question...would you put him above ALL those players mentioned? I wouldn't.

McGinnity ahead of Priddis, surely you jest or have brought your obsession to a whole new level.

Priddis has his limitations, but McGinnity? Come on?

hell yeah I'd pick the Badger over Priddis everyday of the week!! Purely on this one video alone below.. apart from that he could out compete priddis in every aspect of the game.

Priddis couldn't do this if he started running the week before.

Could we perhaps graft magoos legs onto the tortoises body.

If priddis had pace we wouldnt be having this argument.
And if he could kick properly...

And if he could evade trackles...

And if he could hand ball to tream mates in the clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back