ICC World Cup Quarter Final Australia v Pakistan

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to watson for fighting through the riaz spell...excellent knock by steve smith once again and glenn maxwell played well even though he had 2 absolutely stupid shots.
Yup. Watson cops alot but credit where it's due he was under a crapload of pressure but worked through it and got us towards the total. Bit of luck with the dropped catch but capitalising on some luck is what makes a good cricketer. Hope he can back it up against India.

Well I'm saying that the only tickets that have been available for the past week were $70+. If you didn't or weren't able to buy tickets in advance, and were for example maybe finishing work half way through the game, are you really going to stump up $70 at the gate to see half a game? Don't know too many people that would, even if they love cricket.

I judge the players by how they play and I love the way the Aussies play, aggressive and positive and always play to win - GO AUSSIES :thumbsu:

The problem with this can be that some people start to make personal judgements of the players as people based on what they do on the field. Watson makes a poor stroke and gets out, or Haddin drops a catch, and suddenly he's a "shit bloke" and a terrible person, when all they've done is make a mistake or not succeed on the sporting field.

Well I'm saying that the only tickets that have been available for the past week were $70+. If you didn't or weren't able to buy tickets in advance, and were for example maybe finishing work half way through the game, are you really going to stump up $70 at the gate to see half a game? Don't know too many people that would, even if they love cricket.
If you can't get the day off when the match date is known months in advance or don't just want to take a sickie, or even if you have to get in to work and miss a fair bit of the match if you are too tight to pay $70 you obviously don't love cricket much. Which must be a lot of people in SA, ffs it's no regular meaningless tri series match or something, it was a WC quarter final. It was a shithouse attendance.

If you can't get the day off when the match date is known months in advance or don't just want to take a sickie, or even if you have to get in to work and miss a fair bit of the match if you are too tight to pay $70 you obviously don't love cricket much. Which must be a lot of people in SA, ffs it's no regular meaningless tri series match or something, it was a WC quarter final. It was a shithouse attendance.
Unfortunately I would say that all CWC matches were poorly attended at Adelaide Oval. I managed to get to all but the Pak v Ind match.

I had an RDO scheduled myself, and I refused to pay $70 for a ticket when I was looking what was available more than a week before. Totally understandable IMO that walk-ups wouldn't pay that for half a game.

Unfortunately I would say that all CWC matches were poorly attended at Adelaide Oval. I managed to get to all but the Pak v Ind match.

Apart from the India-Pakistan fixture (arguably the best atmosphere for any sporting event ever held in Adelaide), and last night's final, the other two games Adelaide got were Bangladesh-England and Ireland-Pakistan, which are hardly marquee fixtures for the neutral. Combine that with the large gap between games, scheduling them on weekdays, and Adelaide also having the Fringe Festival and Clipsal 500 going on during the World Cup, and it's somewhat understandable why there hasn't been full houses at Adelaide Oval each time out, and why people's time, interest and dollars may have been elsewhere.

Not sure what that means.

How many Australian batsmen can you remember that were as big as Watson and succeeded? Hayden was the only one who truly flourished. Symonds was another, but as a test player he was ordinary.

Watson's technique relies on the big forward press, and not much else. Not many players will average 50+ with that technique. Watson's skillset dictates that he is never going to be a player that averages 50+.

He has been a successful cricketer considering his talent and technique.
Symonds averaged 40.61 with the bat and 37.33 with the ball at Test level. That is not ordinary.

Last edited:
My first ever Aussie ODI attended, really enjoyed it.

Just about all our bowlers did their bit, but Finch & Clarke were just liabilities, especially the former wasting a review on a clearly plump LBW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What utter, utter crap. Who are you to tell people who they should support? What makes your point of view so indisputably correct? Some people might prefer to honour their heritage, and that's fine. Some people might honk the Australian cricket team is full of flogs and not like them, and that's fine. Some people as kids might've preferred another teams colours and taken a liking to them, and that's fine. Some people may have grown up as a big fan of Brian Lara and decided to support the West Indies, and that's fine.

Nobody, can tell anyone what they should think of sports sides and who they should support. And any attempts to do so just make that person look like an arrogant, self important flog.
If you were born here and lived here all your life, why don't you support your home country? Maybe, just maybe, your parents home country is calling you to vacate this country! ;)

If you were born here and lived here all your life, why don't you support your home country? Maybe, just maybe, your parents home country is calling you to vacate this country! ;)
Because guys like McGrath and Hayden and Warne, amongst others, might've (very understandably) struck someone as utter flogs that someone didn't want a bar of.

The Wacky Paki fans at it again

They've had a mock funeral for Pakistan cricket

445138-607bf008-cf57-11e4-9cb0-ca25d560d473.jpg

Oh and of course this

Televisions were smashed and cricket equipment was burnt, the Gulf Times reported.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/c...selfie-obsession/story-fnp050m3-1227272445164

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back