General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neither of those deals was huge overs though. And Howe is also one of our most experienced players (and well respected players), rather than a junior midfielder or KPP with two years under their belt.

Who says it would be huge overs? Howe and a first rounder for treloar .. Or in last years terms 7 and a first rounder for a future superstar midfielder

Some serious over rating of Howe hear , other than taking a hanger he is nothing more than an average afl player
I totally disagree.. There is some massive underestimating of Howes importance to our side.. He is exceptional at intercept marking which is invaluable for relieving pressure and then rebounding from defence.. We had missed his marking desperately during the nab challenge and it showed on Saturday.. He reads the play unbelievably and I think is turning into a genuinely good player.. if we lose him at the end of the year it will be our greatest loss for a fair while, big call but he is a unique player to our side

I totally disagree.. There is some massive underestimating of Howes importance to our side.. He is exceptional at intercept marking which is invaluable for relieving pressure and then rebounding from defence.. We had missed his marking desperately during the nab challenge and it showed on Saturday.. He reads the play unbelievably and I think is turning into a genuinely good player.. if we lose him at the end of the year it will be our greatest loss for a fair while, big call but he is a unique player to our side

I think Grimes is just as good at reading the play and intercepting the ball , with the extra odd clanger or 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some serious over rating of Howe hear , other than taking a hanger he is nothing more than an average afl player
Intercept marks in the back line. Versatility
GWS were willing to give up pick 7 so I think you underrate him and not us who overrate him.

I think Grimes is just as good at reading the play and intercepting the ball , with the extra odd clanger or 3
Get your hand off it, Grimes isn't close to Howes ability to intercept the ball, also nowhere near as good on the attack.. you seriously need to sit down and just watch what Howe does for us..

Get your hand off it, Grimes isn't close to Howes ability to intercept the ball, also nowhere near as good on the attack.. you seriously need to sit down and just watch what Howe does for us..

Grimes is a fantastic intercept mark where's Theseventhhamster to get my back

Never mentioned his attacking ability

I do watch what Howe does , he's a very good player in the backline and Ive said numerous times I prefer him back than forward .. What I'm saying is I would use him as trade bait , which to get something you have to give something of value

Grimes is a fantastic intercept mark where's Theseventhhamster to get my back

Never mentioned his attacking ability

I do watch what Howe does , he's a very good player in the backline and Ive said numerous times I prefer him back than forward .. What I'm saying is I would use him as trade bait , which to get something you have to give something of value
Love Grimey, got sick of talking about him. As to Howe I'm kind of hoping he ends up a super utility who swings forward when we have the momentum like that dickhead from West Coast last time they were good.

I don't understand why you would trade someone who is important to your structure though.. You trade blokes who are surplus when you have someone else who can play their role.. We don't have anyone who can play Howes role, and more to the point I don't think we should be moving on any of the players in the best 22 who want to stay.. we need to build a strong culture and show we are loyal to the guys who are loyal to the club.. and anyway, I want us to build our list the Roos way, and that's not by throwing a lot at one player..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back