2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am counted twice as I have a bronze membership so I can go to SANFL games and bring my wife to 3 AFL games as well as my SMA Membership.
Wonder how many SMA members have some form of crows membership such as a Boundary Line.
Right here, SMA and Boundary Line membership for me and my lad.

If they can generate temporary barcodes for that last trial game there should be no problems generating a QR code to enter using a phone which would be even easier. Ticketek issue single game tickets using their mobile ticket app which I have used before. I've mentioned it before but taking that a step further it would be nice to be able to then email or print off a temporary 1 game barcode to give away if you cant attend that week.

At the AGM they said they were working on a sell back to the club option where you notify the club you are unavailable, they take the 'seat' back for that game and offer it for sale again through ticketek. It was something like 50% of the sale price would be returned to you if it was sold. They said the announcement would happen sometime around week 2/3 of the season.

If there's one thing we can take from all these numbers, it's that none of them measure the fan base better than the figures below. That is all.

2014 AFL Home Match Attendance

Adelaide Crows 48,046
Collingwood Magpies 48,007
Essendon Bombers 45,067
Port Adelaide Power 45,029
Richmond Tigers 43,195
Hawthorn Hawks 42,728
Carlton Blues 39,461
Sydney Swans 38,716
Geelong Cats 36,583
Fremantle Dockers 36,215
West Coast Eagles 34,198
North Melbourne Kangaroos 28,935
Melbourne Demons 25,638
St Kilda Saints 23,296
Western Bulldogs 22,266
Brisbane Lions 19,736
Gold Coast Suns 16,092
GWS Giants 9,226
ALL 33,696
Yeah nah.
The big Vic clubs play home games Vs other big Vic clubs.
Some of the smaller Vic clubs play low attendance home games in other states.

Yeah nah.
The big Vic clubs play home games Vs other big Vic clubs.
Some of the smaller Vic clubs play low attendance home games in other states.

Define 'big'.

IMO they are big because they have attending members which makes the stat very relevant.

Define 'big'.

IMO they are big because they have attending members which makes the stat very relevant.
You will get a different list if you were to only consider games Vs interstate sides. Also part of the point was that those averages include home games in Alice Springs for "smaller" Vic clubs.

As an example the record low anywhere for Hawthorn home game Vs Port was 11,000 at the MCG in 2004. 5 weeks earlier they got 42,000 Vs Essendon.

For mine the 3 clubs have always been AFC, WCE and Collingwood , but Collingwood do have the advantage over the other 2 of many games Vs teams from their own state.

You will get a different list if you were to only consider games Vs interstate sides. Also part of the point was that those averages include home games in Alice Springs for "smaller" Vic clubs.

As an example the record low anywhere for Hawthorn home game Vs Port was 11,000 at the MCG in 2004. 5 weeks earlier they got 42,000 Vs Essendon.

For mine the 3 clubs have always been AFC, WCE and Collingwood , but Collingwood do have the advantage over the other 2 of many games Vs teams from their own state.
Fair enough.

It is great advertising for the club and great for advertising but some of the stuff on BF lately is ... well I can't think of a word for it.

More memberships means more income and greater chance of attracting sponsors.

Anyway this all started from someone disputing that there are approximately 8000 11 game members for both clubs that are not club members as such and the clubs got $0 from them last year but will get $50 pa from each one of those memberships this year.
Your point about it being about the extra $$ is very valid.

That in mind, if Port pass Crows will you be saying, yeah we have more members but we make less money out of them as out fees are less across the board and we have less 11 game members?

My card just arrived in the post, thank goodness.

Let's hope the players perform better on the field than the admin has with the ticketing situation.

Your point about it being about the extra $$ is very valid.

That in mind, if Port pass Crows will you be saying, yeah we have more members but we make less money out of them as out fees are less across the board and we have less 11 game members?
There is no question both clubs and Port in particular have to and are trying to increase the number of 11 game members. Many people on both boards have been saying that for a long time.
Having said that both clubs have made giant strides since the AO move.

Wrt increasing prices the answer is yes of course, but that is determined by supply and demand. The demand needs to increase before prices can go up.

However, this is not the premier league and hopefully they will always be affordable for the average punter.

There is no question both clubs and Port in particular have to and are trying to increase the number of 11 game members. Many people on both boards have been saying that for a long time.
Having said that both clubs have made giant strides since the AO move.

Wrt increasing prices the answer is yes of course, but that is determined by supply and demand. The demand needs to increase before prices can go up.

However, this is not the premier league and hopefully they will always be affordable for the average punter.
I think you partly missed my point that yeah numbers are great to spout and boost public profile, but the only number that matters is the bottom line $$ really when it comes to memberships. Thats why constantly comparing crows and port members numbers as a measure of strength is pretty futile given we charge more.

Also, we don't need to grow our 11 game members, we can't. It is all about growing our other member categories which really means creating more (since our high 11 game members also has the knock on effect of limiting how many 3 game members we can sign up too).

On that I can see the club with Fagan in charge getting really creative in their packages that include access to other things. Online/media packages going to be an obvious focus but I'm interested to see what else.

Fagans loose target of 200k in 10 years I think he said will require some creativity. I think if we can get a city venue then we could sell a lot of "social club" memberships that get people drink/food discounts, access to functions attended by some players or linked to away games etc. Would be a massive upside there IMO

We should sell 11 x 1 game memberships instead of 11 game memberships.

We'd be well over 500,000 members.

Multiply that by 2 for SANFL memberships. 1 million members.

Then we give all those 1 million members free digital memberships and pet memberships... and digital pet memberships... and junior digital pet memberships...

You see where this is going.

AFC, the race to 1 billion members.

Last edited:
I think you partly missed my point that yeah numbers are great to spout and boost public profile, but the only number that matters is the bottom line $$ really when it comes to memberships. Thats why constantly comparing crows and port members numbers as a measure of strength is pretty futile given we charge more.

Also, we don't need to grow our 11 game members, we can't. It is all about growing our other member categories which really means creating more (since our high 11 game members also has the knock on effect of limiting how many 3 game members we can sign up too).

On that I can see the club with Fagan in charge getting really creative in their packages that include access to other things. Online/media packages going to be an obvious focus but I'm interested to see what else.

Fagans loose target of 200k in 10 years I think he said will require some creativity. I think if we can get a city venue then we could sell a lot of "social club" memberships that get people drink/food discounts, access to functions attended by some players or linked to away games etc. Would be a massive upside there IMO
I think you may have partially missed my point as I don't see much to debate.
Wrt your 11 game members I also agree that you are now close to the ceiling. We still have some way to go.

Wrt comparing numbers, many of us on both boards haven't done that but from a Port perspective your level is what we had to work towards, the goal so to speak.
No different to teams setting goals based on better performing teams. I think you'll also find that the strategy for all clubs that need members is to get people to sign up for lower level memberships and hopefully some of them will eventually upgrade to a full membership.
That is also where the team playing good attractive and hopefully winning football plus gameday experience plays a big part.

I think you may have partially missed my point as I don't see much to debate.
Wrt your 11 game members I also agree that you are now close to the ceiling. We still have some way to go.

Wrt comparing numbers, many of us on both boards haven't done that but from a Port perspective your level is what we had to work towards, the goal so to speak.
No different to teams setting goals based on better performing teams. I think you'll also find that the strategy for all clubs that need members is to get people to sign up for lower level memberships and hopefully some of them will eventually upgrade to a full membership.
That is also where the team playing good attractive and hopefully winning football plus gameday experience plays a big part.
Screenshot of Firefox (31:03:15 2:44 PM).png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My card just arrived in the post, thank goodness.

Let's hope the players perform better on the field than the admin has with the ticketing situation.
Are the tickets actually handled by our admin directly? I thought we contracted a company to do it?

I see someone has created a crows hoodie Twitter account.

I know I have mentioned it earlier but I really am disappointed about the lack of information coming from the club regarding this.

A 10% discount at crow mania is not going to appease me either, at this stage I would just like my money back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back