2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership update after article in yesterday's Herald Sun -

Crows have 62,676 Members.

Up 600 in the last 6 weeks, we should crack 63K by the AFL Audit.

It looks like the club has revealed how it plans to get to 200,000 members. Free memberships.

Email as follows...

eCrow is the Adelaide Crows FREE membership, that ensures you stay on top of all the latest and breaking news from the Club.

In 2016, the FREE eCrow membership will be expanded to include some fantastic additional benefits, such as these cool additions that will be activated as soon as you click the confirmation button below!

- Membership card & welcome letter
- eCrow sticker
- 10% discount at CROWmania
- Member only emails and exclusive Club info
- Priority access to tickets, ahead of general public

They are going to have to increase the value of the boundary line membership as the only reason I buy it is for the priority access to tickets.

I guess Andrew Fagan has been hinting that the club values any fan it has access to so this should of been expected, I would not be surprised if the club counts these sign ups as members and again claims the official AFL count is irrelevant.

It looks like the club has revealed how it plans to get to 200,000 members. Free memberships.

Email as follows...

They are going to have to increase the value of the boundary line membership as the only reason I buy it is for the priority access to tickets.

I guess Andrew Fagan has been hinting that the club values any fan it has access to so this should of been expected, I would not be surprised if the club counts these sign ups as members and again claims the official AFL count is irrelevant.
Would appear he's putting a lot of emphasis on collecting as many member's details (name, email, number) as possible, which I suspect is to then add further substance when negotiating with sponsors.
It's consistent with what's been mentioned about the Victorian Membership package, where they're supposedly looking to take a financial hit to hopefully get more members on board, but then turn that into more sponsorship money due to increased exposure for potential sponsors.

Would appear he's putting a lot of emphasis on collecting as many member's details (name, email, number) as possible, which I suspect is to then add further substance when negotiating with sponsors.
It's consistent with what's been mentioned about the Victorian Membership package, where they're supposedly looking to take a financial hit to hopefully get more members on board, but then turn that into more sponsorship money due to increased exposure for potential sponsors.

It does make sense with the stadium pretty much at capacity. They either convert currently expensive seats into cheap oversold GA areas or take a large number of members to sponsors, and having the demographics of those members would be quite valuable, to be able to say something like "we have 40,000 females 18 - 39 that your company could reach" would probably mean far more than the information currently offered.

I think there are only so many people who are willing to pay $50+ a year and not have match access, and they are probably quite expensive to acquire and retain. The value of multiple free members to the club probably quickly overtakes the value of 1 $55 member, minus advertising, gift packs, magazines etc.

I don't know if people will be happy with the direction, if the club does claim them as members, I tend to think who cares, the whole member numbers race is a joke anyway with every club counting things differently, values of memberships being different etc. just go and make the most money for the club.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back