MRP / Trib. Week 2 vs Geelong - Ballantyne 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the vision. Arm out ready to get the ball. Can't make it and tucks arm in to protect.

It's a ******* joke.

How hard is it to look at intent in these things.

Smedts could've broken Spurr's jaw here. How hard is it to punish the act not the result?
Well, you can rage against the AFL and their inconsistency and hope they change or Ballantyne can stop doing things that get him cited. Which do you think is more likely?

Glad we didn't get Taylor, weak as pi$$ the way he went down. Smallest guy on the field. Poor me, ill play on and swing a few punches, then say I was affected to my club doctor so it doesn't look good for his tribunal viewing.

Weak as sh%t.

Well, you can rage against the AFL and their inconsistency and hope they change or Ballantyne can stop doing things that get him cited. Which do you think is more likely?

Stop going for the ball? Why would he do that? His arm went out looking for the ball? He didn't make it. Tucked his shoulder in and hit Taylors shoulder first then slipped up.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what he did. Nothing.

I would've accepted one week, but two is a joke, particularly given the supposed leniency / common sense this year. Not too mention Smedts only getting one week for his filthy, round-arm clothesline.
With his bad record, it's impossible for Balla to get 1 week. It was always going to be a fine or 2 weeks.

In fact it's 3 weeks, with a downgrade to 2 with an early plea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have - what's wrong about it? How often does Ballantyne have to be suspended before he wakes up that it's costing the team? Missed two games last year through suspension which Freo ended up losing.
what was his alternative in the split second when he realised he wasn't going to make it? Not protect himself and get cleaned up by a much larger Taylor? Because that would really help the team, right?

Just dumb again. Has had an average start to the season anyway. I hope Croz comes in and dominates - keeps him out of the team longer than his suspension. Teach him a lesson. Not so much the Weagles game, but the Sydney game was vital
Sorry I don't normally enjoy getting into people over their comments, but that has to be the most ridiculous statement ever made on BF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back