Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I'm not intercourses precludes touching. I note that you are unable to name one philosopher whose work you categorise as being so monstrously offensive. Nor have you quoted any work which fits this category. What I said in my earlier post about reading some philosophy to gain an understanding of it still stands. Friedrich Nietzsche's The Anti-Christ is a good starting point, if you've not already read it. It is readily and freely available on your much-vaunted internet thingy. As a bonus, it only runs to 120 pages.

BTW, I don't dismiss the advances claimed by science, I just think the hubris surrounding its supposed supremacy as the only mode of discussion, about everything, to be disingenuous and profoundly mistaken. There is more to existence than making things, variously, larger and smaller. I find the narrowness of such a viewpoint to be unnecessarily and damagingly restrictive in its possibilities.

Yes I understand that, but you are selling it like it is a sure thing...at least in comparison to its opposition (religion).
Which...really...compared that thing you compared it to...religion....it is.
The interesting thing is that people, especially the religious, see science as the "opposition".

BTW, I don't dismiss the advances claimed by science, I just think the hubris surrounding its supposed supremacy as the only mode of discussion, about everything, to be disingenuous and profoundly mistaken. There is more to existence than making things, variously, larger and smaller. I find the narrowness of such a viewpoint to be unnecessarily and damagingly restrictive in its possibilities.
As much as the narrowness of the viewpoint "God made humanity to play with"? Is there another viewpoint as unnecessarily and damagingly restrictive in its possibilities as religion?

Which...really...compared that thing you compared it to...religion....it is.
The interesting thing is that people, especially the religious, see science as the "opposition".

1. No, you have twisted what I said. It is the other way round. Religion is seen as the opposition to science. It's not and doesn't have to be.
2. The point was neither religion nor science is relative.

1. No, you have twisted what I said. It is the other way round. Religion is seen as the opposition to science. It's not and doesn't have to be.
2. The point was neither religion nor science is relative.
Relative to what?
Not related in any way to each other?
Sure. I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw that the last post in this thread was by you, and thought "Wow, maybe he is actually against religion in general, I owe him an apology".

But no... You're just trying to turn this thread into another anti-Islam thread.
LMAO victim of not reading this thread again..you are hilarious, carry on, you have come this far obsessing over me..i dont need your * apology lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back