Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

you avoided the question;

"why would I care what it says"

I didn't avoid the question, I chose to answer it with another question. Now if you want a definitive answer, my response would be that it's an ancient text of which billions of people throughout history have considered to be the word of our creator. Whether you believe this or not doesn't diminish the significance of the content. Whether you want to care or not is subjective and entirely up to you.

As for nothingness, well it's basically the absence of any matter. For a universe to be created from nothing contradicts the laws of physics. A better response is to suggest that matter has always existed and never had a creator.

As for nothingness, well it's basically the absence of any matter. For a universe to be created from nothing contradicts the laws of physics. A better response is to suggest that matter has always existed and never had a creator.
actually science cannot define nothingness. A vaccum is the best we can define but a vaccum (as in casimir effect), still has electro magnectic properties.

I didn't avoid the question, I chose to answer it with another question. Now if you want a definitive answer, my response would be that it's an ancient text of which billions of people throughout history have considered to be the word of our creator. Whether you believe this or not doesn't diminish the significance of the content. Whether you want to care or not is subjective and entirely up to you.

so what. There are many ancient text, even older than the bible. How do you know the bible is the word of "God"?

have you ever seen nothingness?? If not how would you know what it is?

so what. There are many ancient text, even older than the bible. How do you know the bible is the word of "God"?

have you ever seen nothingness?? If not how would you know what it is?

Nothingness cannot be seen nor can it be imagined. the very act of doing so causes a presence which destroys the concept. It only makes sense when you realise it can't be imagined.

Nothingness cannot be seen nor can it be imagined. the very act of doing so causes a presence which destroys the concept. It only makes sense when you realise it can't be imagined.

let me put it in another way. Have you experienced nothingness?

and to repeat again - how do you know the bible is the word of "God"??

not a warmonger: 38242869 said:
let me put it in another way. Have you experienced nothingness?

and to repeat again - how do you know the bible is the word of "God"??
Nothingness cannot be experienced by non omnipotent beings.

I ignores your question because you were putting words in my mouth. I don't know the bible is the word of God, I just think there are many good reasons for believing this.

Nothingness cannot be experienced by non omnipotent beings.

I ignores your question because you were putting words in my mouth. I don't know the bible is the word of God, I just think there are many good reasons for believing this.
you dont know but you believe is another way of saying you have blind faith. Sorry - this is not a valid reason. Then if you cant experience nothingness how do you know what it is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you dont know but you believe is another way of saying you have blind faith. Sorry - this is not a valid reason. Then if you cant experience nothingness how do you know what it is?
Again putting words in my mouth. I don't believe in anything, I just happen to think the existence of God is just as plausible as its non existence. There are many good reasons for people to believe in God, but their experiences cannot be understood through empirical methods.

As for nothingness, I know what it is in the same way a mathematician can talk about fourth and fifth dimensions despite it being impossible for them to experience or observe them. I call nothingness out for what it is, the absence of anything. On the other hand your pop-scientist who you seem to credit as an omnipotent being talks about nothingness as "well there's really electromagnetic forces...but it's still nothingness and I won't explain how a vacuum is supposed to exist before the expansion of the universe took place". But I guess it makes sense if you have blind faith right?

completely different argument, i said sophistication and mathematics is a good proof of existence of a higher intelligence. You are saying, maths, laws of physics dont need any of these, it just magically arranged itself into harmony.
not completely different. Just a yes or no

Again putting words in my mouth. I don't believe in anything, I just happen to think the existence of God is just as plausible as its non existence. There are many good reasons for people to believe in God, but their experiences cannot be understood through empirical methods.

As for nothingness, I know what it is in the same way a mathematician can talk about fourth and fifth dimensions despite it being impossible for them to experience or observe them. I call nothingness out for what it is, the absence of anything. On the other hand your pop-scientist who you seem to credit as an omnipotent being talks about nothingness as "well there's really electromagnetic forces...but it's still nothingness and I won't explain how a vacuum is supposed to exist before the expansion of the universe took place". But I guess it makes sense if you have blind faith right?
this is what you said

"I don't know the bible is the word of God, I just think there are many good reasons for believing this"

you havent given any good reason and we know faith is what you have when you dont have a good reason to believe.

you say
"I call nothingness out for what it is, the absence of anything"

I am holding two sealed jars one in each hand. They are identical except that I tell you one contains nothing while the other is filled with air. I turn around and mix the jars out of your sight and show them to you again.

How will you know which one is which?

this is what you said

"I don't know the bible is the word of God, I just think there are many good reasons for believing this"

you havent given any good reason and we know faith is what you have when you dont have a good reason to believe.

you say
"I call nothingness out for what it is, the absence of anything"

I am holding two sealed jars one in each hand. They are identical except that I tell you one contains nothing while the other is filled with air. I turn around and mix the jars out of your sight and show them to you again.

How will you know which one is which?

It's impossible for either jar to contain nothing in your scenario. The observation of 'nothingness' in one jar is still something.

I'm not sure what level your reading comprehension is at, but I quite clearly stated that God created us to love us. Whether you choose to accept God's love, or embrace the concept of love isn't relevant.
Explain Nepal.

Any form of God requires exactly the same explanation.
God came from nothing?
On one hand you have an observable yet not fully explained process which is discover-able, testable and repeatable through the scientific method and on the other you have God.
God never seems to be held accountable as does nature.

Thread has got worse and worse the longer it has gone on.

59c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back